RULES OF CONDUCT / RULES AND GUIDELINES
These Rules and Guidelines (hereinafter referred to as “Rules”) can be seen as guidelines for all our official channels, including ingame chat, discord, forums, Social Media, Gamepedia etc. Whenever we mention “platforms” below this can be read as all of the above.
The Rules listed below explain what behavior is expected of you and what behavior you can expect from other community members. The Rules are not exhaustive, and may not address all manner of offensive behavior. As such, the official Heroes & Generals moderators and administrators shall have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate.
Your access to our platforms is a “privilege” and not a “right.” TLM Partners, Inc. reserves the right to delete, update or modify any information, which is considered inappropriate on our platforms.
Before posting any kind of information on our platforms, all users are to read the following Rules. These Rules are obligatory for all registered users on our platforms.
Users are to treat others with respect. This applies to both public threads, chat and private messages (PMs).
Disrespect can include:
- Verbal Abuse & Harassment
- Profanity, swearing, inappropriate language or abbreviations thereof
- Racial, religious, sexual, national or ethnic, slurs or insults
- Real-life threats
- Toxic behavior, doomsaying, insulting staff etc.
- Excessive Capitalization, difficult to read fonts, overuse of emotes etc.
§3 DISTRIBUTION OF REAL LIFE INFORMATION
Postings and discussions which have users’ personal data – regardless of whether this is their own or that of other users are not allowed.
Personal data includes:
- Telephone numbers
- Credit card details
- Account details or password
- Images or pictures, where a person is easily identifiable
- Other contact information
Use of your own real-life name is strongly discouraged. Postings and discussions, which include real-life names of others, are not allowed.
Release of real-life information about official moderators or TLM Partners, Inc. employees is not allowed on our platforms
§4 REAL-LIFE THREATS
Real-life threats are not tolerated on our platforms.
This includes both express and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which refers to violence in any capacity that is not directly related to the game world.
Real-life threats will be handed over to the police for possible prosecution.
Users are not allowed to post threads or comments to any of our platforms that advertise or solicit any non-beneficial, non-TLM partners related businesses, organizations, or websites.
Users are not allowed to self-promote (server invites, youtube videos etc.) unless the self-promotion advertises a Heroes & Generals related channel and is posted in the therefore assigned areas.
Unsolicited self-promotion through private messages is never allowed.
Users are allowed to discuss other war games; however, be aware that any kind of solicitation of or linking to other games is not permitted.
All types of posts for the sale or promotion of the exchange or transfer of accounts, currency, codes, and other services from one user to another are prohibited within our platforms and game channels.
§7 OFF TOPIC, SPAMMING AND TROLLING
It is not allowed to go off-topic, spam or troll on our platforms. This includes:
- Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or non-constructive content.
- Offtopic posting.
- Making fun of other users, baiting them into arguments
- Creating threads/posts for the purpose of reporting or discussing in game violations. Such incidences are to be directed to our support team.
- Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters.
- Making non-constructive posts, or posts with non-constructive topics.
- Posting excessively in capital letters, excessive whitespace or line breaks, leet speak, or other hard-to- read writing styles.
- Using misleading topic titles, excessive punctuation, and/or non-standard symbols.
- Abusing font size and color to creative disruptive posts.
- Abusing the “Reported Post” feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages.
- Numbering a thread, posting “First!”, “IBTL” (“in before thread lock”) or any other fad statements.
- “Bumping” posts. Some sections may allow “bumping” in moderation, but users are to check the subsection of the forum to make sure that it is allowed in that section.
- Petition posts or polls that are not aimed at conducting a discussion.
- Begging the support team or fellow players for free things.
- Discussing real-world politics and pursuing ideological debate.
- Posting images or links with the intent of frightening users or crashing their computers
§8 LAW VIOLATIONS
Users are expected to act lawfully when participating on our platforms. Posting about or discussing issues that violate local or international laws is not allowed under any circumstance. This includes:
- Posting discussion threads on, or linking to, cheats, exploits, hacks, trojan horses, malicious programs or swatting. If users suspect that a cheat or hack exists, provide the necessary information to our support team. This is not to be discussed within our platforms.
- Posting unreleased content / hacking data files; showing unreleased in-game items, equipment, or areas that have been unlocked by hacking into client data files; discussing or displaying any data not available through normal gameplay.
- Posting about illegal drugs or activities. Both express and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which reference to abusing illegal drugs or to performing illegal activities are prohibited.
Severe cases will be handed over to the police for possible prosecution.
§9 DISCUSSING DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS, NAMING & SHAMING
Disciplinary actions are a private matter between TLM Partners, Inc. and the individual user. If you wish to appeal a disciplinary action, you can contact our moderators or admins, if you still do not agree with the taken decision, you can send a ticket to our support team.
It is not allowed to:
- Create posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player.
It is also not allowed to publicly call out other users for either behavior seen in-game or on our other platforms
- If you wish to report someone breaking rules in the game, you should contact our support team
- If you wish to report someone from breaking rules on our social media platforms, you should contact the moderators or admins from that specific platform, additionally you can also send a ticket to our support team.
The official language of our platforms is English. Transliteration and intentionally distorted or illiterate language is unwelcome.
Please be aware that not all users are native English speakers. Be considerate to those who obviously have difficulties with English – they still have interesting things to say.
Posting in non-English is restricted to the Clan/Army & Non-English section only.
§11 LINKS AND IMAGES
Users are required to make sure that they do not violate any of the Rules, whenever linking to a website or image, choosing an image for an avatar or signature or posting an image.
Sites or images that display illegal content, pornography, nudity, gratuitous violence, Nazi symbols such as swastikas, obscenities and any other content that goes against the standards of this community will be removed.
In addition to the above, we also request users not post ASCII art as they are pure eye-torture when viewing the forum on a mobile phone.
Images used in player signatures must be of a reasonable size, and users are asked not to use flashing images and other material that may cause irritation or distraction for other users in their signatures/avatars. While GIF images are fine, quickly flashing, bright colored images can cause headaches or worse for people who are prone to seizures.
§12 PLAYER, CHARACTER, WEAPON AND ASSAULT TEAM NAMES
Whenever users are given the opportunity to name something in the game or on our other platforms, users must follow the rules here as well as common decency. If TLM Partners, Inc. finds names to be offensive or improper, TLM Partners, Inc. may, at their sole and absolute discretion, delete or change these names and/or suspend or ban (terminate) any account.
The following types of names are unacceptable for use:
- Names that belong to other persons with the intent to impersonate that person, including without limitation admins/game masters/moderators, employees, or agents of TLM Partners, Inc.;
- Profane, racist, defamatory, obscene or rude names including swear words (all languages), obscene anatomical references, racial slurs as well as their homonyms;
- Names of people or organizations directly involved in crimes against humanity such as, but not limited to Waffen SS;
- Information subject to the rights of any other person or entity without written authorization from that person or entity;
- Names that belong to a politician, popular culture figure, celebrity, or media personality;
- Names that contain or is substantially similar to trademarked names from other products or services, whether registered or not;
- Names that are hateful towards or promoting religious figures or deities;
- Names related to drugs, sex, alcohol, or criminal activity;
- Names that are comprised mainly of unpronounceable characters, e.g., “‘-_-_===” is not ok, while “_-UnderscoreMan- _” is;
and any names that within common sense violates the Rules. For instance, if someone has been tried and convicted for crimes against humanity they are probably not a good role-model.
Users may not use misspellings, leet-speek/dudespeak or alternative spellings to circumvent the name restrictions listed above, nor can users have a “first ” and “last” name that, when combined, violate the above name restrictions.
If a thread or post is in violation of the rules, users are encouraged to report the violation.
If a user or user account is found to be in violation of the Rules, the user may:
Be given a warning by TLM Partners, Inc.; or
Be given a temporary or permanent account suspension (ban) from our social media, the game, other platforms or all depending upon the severity of the violation.
TLM believes in second chances, so banning a user is not our first step. Initially all infractions should lead to a warning, before escalating to bans. In normal situations, players will receive two warnings before receiving their first suspension.
The more suspensions a user has received, the longer the next one will be, until a permanent suspension will be issued.
In more severe cases, a decision may be made to straight away give longer or permanent suspensions without prior warnings or suspensions. Such cases include but are not limited to:
- Disclosing personal information
- Selling accounts
- Links to scam-websites