Rules of Conduct / Rules and Guidelines
These Rules and Guidelines (hereinafter referred to as "Rules") can be seen as guidelines for the entire game universe, including forum, ingame chat, SoMe, PMs, Wiki etc. on www.heroesandgenerals.com and our official social media sites. Whenever we mention "forum" below this can be read as all of the above.
Welcome to the Official Heroes & Generals forums! These forums are here to provide you with a respectful atmosphere where you can discuss ideas, give gameplay advice, and discuss any other aspects of Heroes & Generals with other players.
Community forums are at their best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you conduct yourself in a civilized manner when participating on these forums.
The Rules listed below explain what behavior is expected of you and what behavior you can expect from other community members. The Rules are not exhaustive, and may not address all manner of offensive behavior. As such, the official Heroes & Generals forum moderators and administrators shall have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate.
Also, suspension or banishment from the game will always result in the same in regard to forum access. Your access to these forums is a "privilege" and not a “right.” Reto-Moto reserves the right to delete, update or modify any information, which is considered inappropriate on these forums.
Reto-Moto also reserves the right to suspend your access to these forums at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by these Rules. Reto-Moto reserves the right to evaluate each incident on a case by case basis.
Before posting any kind of information on this forum, all users are to read the following Rules. These Rules are obligatory for all registered users on this forum.
Users are to treat others with respect. This applies to both public threads, chat and private messages (PMs).
Disrespect can include:
- Harassment or defamatory remarks
- Abusive or personal attacks
- Profanity, swearing, inappropriate language or abbreviations thereof
- Racial, religious, sexual, national or ethnic, slurs or insults (this includes "jokes" in bad taste)
- Excessive Capitalization
- Publicly accusing players of rule breaking (users should contact our support team instead)
§2 DISTRIBUTION OF REAL LIFE INFORMATION
Postings and discussions which have users’ personal data – regardless of whether this is their own or that of other users – are not allowed and will be removed.
Personal data includes:
- Telephone numbers
- Instant messaging services IDs
- Credit card details
- Account details or password
- Images or pictures, where a person is easily identifiable
- Other contact information
Use of own real-life name is strongly discouraged. Postings and discussions, which include real-life names of others, are not allowed.
No release of real-life information about official moderators or Reto-Moto employees is allowed on these forums.
§3 REAL-LIFE THREATS
Real-life threats are not tolerated on the forums.
This includes both express and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which refers to violence in any capacity that is not directly related to the game world.
Real-life threats will be handed over to the police for possible prosecution.
Users are not allowed to post threads or comments to any of the forums that advertise or solicit any non-beneficial, non-Heroes & Generals related businesses, organizations, or websites.
Explicit advertising and solicitation in signatures are also prohibited.
Users are allowed to discuss other war games; however, be aware that any kind of solicitation of or linking to other games is not permitted.
All types of posts for the sale or promotion of the exchange or transfer of accounts, currency, codes, and other services from one user to another are prohibited within the forums and game channels.
§6 OFF TOPIC, SPAMMING AND TROLLING
All users will get a better forum experience if they refrain from:
- Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish.
- Offtopic posting.
- Creating threads/posts for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums.
- Creating threads/posts for purpose of reporting or discussing in game violations. Such incidences are to be directed to our support team.
- Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters.
- Making non-constructive posts, or posts with non-constructive topics.
- Posting excessively in capital letters, excessive whitespace or line breaks, leet speak, or other hard-to- read writing styles.
- Using misleading topic titles, excessive punctuation, and/or non-standard symbols.
- Abusing font size and color to creative disruptive posts.
- Abusing the "Reported Post" feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages.
- Numbering a thread, posting "First!", "IBTL" ("in before thread lock") or any other fad statements.
- "Bumping" posts. Some sections may allow "bumping" in moderation, but users are to check the subsection of the forum to make sure that it is allowed in that section.
- Petition posts or polls that are not aimed at conducting a discussion. Bumping IS allowed once a month in the recruitment section.
- Begging the support team or fellow players for free things.
- Discussing real-world politics and pursuing ideological debate.
- Adding "+1" posts to show agreement with the previous poster. Please use the post-reputation system instead.
Users are asked to familiarize themselves with the forums to make sure that they post new threads and postings in the appropriate forum. This helps other users and moderators maintain an overview and to be able to respond faster with appropriate answers to questions.
Before beginning a new thread, users should look to see if an active thread on that topic has already been established using the search feature. If so, users are asked to place their comments there instead. Keep discussions about one topic to one thread only. Posts which drift off topic, or content-free posts, will be edited or removed. Posting multiple messages with the same content across several forums is unwelcome and inappropriate, since such activities divide the targeted discussions and makes gathering feedback considerably more difficult. Such ‘cross posts’ will be merged, closed and redirected or removed.
§7 LAW VIOLATIONS
Users are expected to act lawfully when participating on the forums. Posting about or discussing issues that violate local or international laws is not allowed under any circumstance. This includes:
- Posting discussion threads on, or linking to, cheats, hacks, trojan horses, malicious programs or swatting. If users suspect that a cheat or hack exists, provide the necessary information to our support team. This is not to be discussed within the forums.
- Posting unreleased content / hacking data files; showing unreleased in-game items, equipment, or areas that have been unlocked by hacking into client data files; discussing or displaying any data not available through normal game play.
- Posting about illegal drugs or activities. Both express and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which reference to abusing illegal drugs or to performing illegal activities are prohibited.
Severe cases will be handed over to the police for possible prosecution.
§8 DISCUSSING DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS
Disciplinary actions are a private matter between Reto-Moto and the individual user.
- Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player in game or on the forums is not allowed.
- Posts or threads created to discuss moderators or moderator decisions and actions will be deleted.
The official language of this forum is English. Transliteration and intentionally distorted or illiterate language is unwelcome.
Please be aware that not all users are native English speakers. Be considerate to those who obviously have difficulties with English – they still have interesting things to say.
Posting in non-English is restricted to the Clan/Army & Non-English section only.
§10 LINKS AND IMAGES
Users are required to make sure that they do not violate any of the Rules, whenever linking to a website or image, choosing an image for an avatar or signature or posting an image.
Sites or images that display illegal content, pornography, nudity, gratuitous violence, Nazi symbols such as swastikas, obscenities and any other content that goes against the standards of this community will be removed.
In addition to the above, we also request users not post ASCII art as they are pure eye-torture when viewing the forum on a mobile phone.
Images used in player signatures must be of a reasonable size, and users are asked not to use flashing images and other material that may cause irritation or distraction for other users in their signatures/avatars. While GIF images are fine, quickly flashing, bright colored images can cause headaches or worse for people who are prone to seizures.
§11 PLAYER, CHARACTER, WEAPON AND ASSAULT TEAM NAMES
Whenever users are given the opportunity to name something in the game, users must follow the rules here as well as common decency. If Reto-Moto finds names to be offensive or improper, Reto-Moto may, at their sole and absolute discretion, delete or change these names and/or suspend or ban (terminate) any account.
The following types of names are unacceptable for use:
- Names that belong to other persons with the intent to impersonate that person, including without limitation admins/game masters/moderators, employees, or agents of Reto-Moto;
Profane, racist, defamatory, obscene or rude names including swear words (all languages), obscene anatomical references, racial slurs as well as their
- Names of people or organizations directly involved in crimes against humanity such as, but not limited to Waffen SS;
- Information subject to the rights of any other person or entity without written authorization from that person or entity;
- Names that belong to a popular culture figure, celebrity, or media personality;
- Names that contain or is substantially similar to trademarked names from other products or services, whether registered or not;
- Names that are hateful towards or promoting religious figures or deities;
- Names related to drugs, sex, alcohol, or criminal activity;
- Names that are comprised mainly of unpronounceable characters, e.g., "'-_-_===" is not ok, while "_-UnderscoreMan- _" is;
and any names that within common sense violates the Rules. For instance, if someone has been tried and convicted for crimes against humanity they are probably not a good role-model.
Users may not use misspellings, leet-speek/dudespeak or alternative spellings to circumvent the name restrictions listed above, nor can users have a "first" and "last" name that, when combined, violate the above name restrictions.
If a thread or post is in violation of the forum rules, users are encouraged to use the report button on the post and provide information as to why the thread or post is in violation.
If a user or user account is found to be in violation of the Rules, the user may:
- Be given a warning by Reto-Moto; or
- Be given a temporary or permanent account suspension (ban) from forums, the game, other platforms or all depending upon the severity of the violation.