The game uses the following ports to communicate:
- TCP : 80, 443, 6667, 6668, 16667, 15000-15500
- UDP : 16000-17000
The UDP ports are particularly important for the action game.
If you are having problems joining games, or get an error message that says “unable to ping game servers”, then you probably need to open these ports in your firewall.
How to open ports in Windows Firewall
The following instructions show how to open ports in Microsoft’s built-in Windows Firewall.
If you are using a different firewall, please consult the software publisher’s user guide, or search the Web for a setup guide.
- Open your Control Panel ( Start > Control Panel ).
- Go to System and Security.
- Go to Windows Firewall.
- Go to Advanced Settings.
- Click Inbound Rules.
- Click on New Rule (right hand side).
- Select Port, then click Next.
- Select TCP and select the specific local port.
Add the following text in the text field:
80, 443, 6667, 6668, 16667, 15000-15500
Once this is done. Click Next.
- Name the rule you just created “Heroes & Generals”.
- Repeat the above procedure but instead of TCP select UDP and fill in the following: