Windows 7 User Access Control
– Issue and Fix
We have just discovered an issue where Windows 7 machines, with UAC enabled cannot start the stand-alone version of the game.
NB: This does NOT affect the Steam version of the game at all.
Who does this exactly affect?
- ONLY those playing OUTSIDE Steam
- ONLY those playing on Windows 7
- ONLY those playing WITH User Access Control enabled
- Game version “Hallowes – XP For Friends” update version: 125200
How do I see the issue?
When trying to start the game nothing happens, and hngsync.exe does not start.
How do I fix the issue?
We RECOMMEND that you uninstall the game and go to game.heroesandgenerals.com to get the latest installer, otherwise do the steps below.
- RIGHT-click the icon and choose “run as administrator” like shown below
I do not have a desktop icon!
- Open the folder where you installed the game (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Heroes & Generals\live )
- RIGHT-click the file hngdesktoplauncher.exe and choose “run as administrator” like shown below
When will this be fixed?
Bug is fixed and does not affect new installs of the game. But we can’t change existing installs, so please either reinstall or use the workaround above.