Reto.Hades

Second bipod test!

Reto.Hades    3,433

Hello everyone!

We have opened up the prototype server to let you guys use the bipods!

We would like to ask all of you to only queue for the 'First Encounter' (with bots) and the 'Capture and Hold infantry' to centralise the players as much as possible.

The server can be accessed by downloading the client from http://prototype.heroesandgenerals.com/

Please let us know what you think about the bipods, let us know if you have any issues placing them and if you happen to crash, please send the crash report (if one pops-up)

You can press 'C' to deploy your weapon

The following weapons allow the use of a bi-pod:

GE:
MG-34
MG-42
FG-42
Panzerbüchse-39
US:

M1918A2 BAR
M1919A6
Johnson M1941

SU:
DP28
PTRD 1941
PTRS 1941

Known issues: Issue with camera position of the M1919 in aimed view while mounted.

The testing period will end at 2019-05-10 15:00 CEST. So if you are interested in joining, do it fast!

FR-Ayazel    13

Wow, n i c e.

Say hello to my little o v e r p o w e r e d  MG42 :D 

EDIT : Hold up. How do I get into the Prototype server ? Your link is just the download link for the regular game.

Edited

43 minutes ago, Reto.Hades said:

Hello everyone!

We would like to ask all of you to only queue for the 'First Encounter' (with bots) and the 'Capture and Hold infantry' to centralise the players as much as possible.

The server can be accessed by downloading the client from http://prototype.heroesandgenerals.com/

Please let us know what you think about the bipods, let us know if you have any issues placing them and if you happen to crash, please send the crash report (if one pops-up)

GE:
MG-34
MG-42
FG-42
Panzerbüchse-39
US:

M1918A2 BAR
M1919A6
Johnson M1941

SU:
DP28
PTRD 1941
PTRS 1941

Known issues: Issue with camera position of the M1919 in aimed view while mounted.

The testing period will end at 2019-05-10 15:00 CEST. So if you are interested in joining, do it fast!

oh hades, this is a bit off topic of this thread but i just wanna ask when are we to expect the next dev overview, im just really over hyped for the new SU machine guns.

Xero722    1

Nice, a straight buff to the LMGs, with no stat change to balance them.

The MG42 and M1919 are straight up OVERPOWERED now since they can nullify the sway and help with the recoil.

I am totally shocked by Reto's total knowledge of their game and their ideas of "balancing" by buffing further already good weapons.

In my opinion they should increase the sway and nerf the accuracy (both standing and with bipod deployed) and make people unable to aim downsights while holding the LMGs in hand.

Edit: I just realised , nothing has changed in the 3 months since they first released bipods on the prototype server, they only made PzB and PTRS able to deploy bipods.

3 months waiting for a sign of life for nothing

Edited
Had to add something

_VALTER__    7

Can't you just open the prototype server on the weekend, not everyone can play during this time..

- While prone with the PTRS (using bipods ofc) the camera along with the entire character seems to switch a bit to the left from 1st person at least.

- Now that the M1919 has it's sights flipped down i'm looking forwards for the promised nerf. Seriously why has it been such a laser beam for years?

- For the third time now! The adjusted gravity makes the characters feel sluggish even when not jumping and it limits the accessibility to certain places a lot.

- Standing on moving vehicles isn't a thing anymore, bring it back.

SERIOUSLY! If you're going to keep this adjusted gravity in the game, make the jump distance and height identical to the old system! I can't jump over simple obstacles and get stuck to places easily. Still can't jump on top of some buildings on town.

MAKE THE JUMP HEIGHT AND LENGTH AS THEY WERE BEFORE THE CHANGE BUT KEEP THE GRAVITY ACCELERATION. Thank you.

I tested this on town and the adjusted gravity as it is effectively blocks the access to for example about 30 rooftops that i'm aware of.

Edited

Teeri    590

- M1919 reload while prone, makes the animation disappear/go below the ground. 

- Going to prone in the civilian truck flatbed kills you.

Edited

Akinaba    461

Overall:

1. The feeling from bipod shooding is SOO good and immersive.

2. Reloading while crouched and bpdeployed does not lag anymore and that's good. At least while you crouched on the flat serface (f.ex. sanbags).

3. New 1919 sights are so neat (now I want equal sights for BAR XD). But weapon feels too much stable while undeployed at the time.

4. I somehow miss the propper deploy-undeploy animation but I can understand the problems with that.

Now bugs:

1. Proning on some (any) hip (non-flat surface) will allow you to drag  the barrel in almost any direction while at the same time loosing bipod position (but not undeploying bipods).

Basicly you can do this from any unconventional position like windoframes, bridge sides etc. I only could not do this from basicly sandbags.

Also, the PTRS recoil just constantly throws your weapon up and up which looks very wired when deployed the bipods and or pronenig in general (gravity, you know). No post-recoil effects and animation... Something that every weapon actually should have I think.

1-bug.png

2.  You can do this on the small green fences. Fells like you re going almost inside the fence here...

5.png

3. Trying to deploy on the vehicle does not bring you the message "Press X for deploy". It tells about E instead. Confused me at first.

3-bug.png

4. You can wiredly deploy your bipod here:

2-bug.png

P.S And here is the number of various wired through-testure reloads and behaviours. Deattaching (undeploying) a gun bipod on the reload animation probably could be a decision here...

Reloads:

4-bug.png

42.png

47.png

And the common deploy:

41-bug.png

Edited

Akinaba    461

Now this is also nice:

09.png

Edited

Materia    39

Lower recoil by 50%, or even more, MG42 kick up so much, feels like shooting a cannon. 

hchris    240
2 hours ago, Reto.Hades said:

Hello everyone!

GE:
MG-34
MG-42
FG-42
Panzerbüchse-39
US:

M1918A2 BAR
M1919A6
Johnson M1941

SU:
DP28
PTRD 1941
PTRS 1941

What about the Granatbüchse 39? It should use the bipod too? Also the Ampulomet? 

LuisCyphre    691

A good effort, but if you really want player feedback - leave it running over the weekend. Testing things takes time.

Edit: Can't connect to the prototype server.

Edited

Jonall    25

why are the biplanes flapping like birds and APC's sinking into the ground?

I don't think the game engine can handle the gravity...

Also when bipods come into the main game, what will happen with the AT rifles? Will they still be super inaccurate weapons we still can shoot from the hip?

LuisCyphre    691

Oh yeah, that "gravity adjustment" - please refrain from publishing that, it will be another punch to the face of your players. Just don't.

Akinaba    461

I liked the gravity adjustment. Btw :) It's really small and just the time needed to get used to it.

Edited

virgil0.0    6

yea for infantry this well be cancer, for vehicle to. just fix the veicul gravity when he touches a small ledge (like pavement) and begins to fly