Sign in to follow this  
realmaster42

The massive FPS drops

Hello!

I am a new user. Infact, I've begun playing this game yesterday.

I really like the game's gameplay and in-game experience, as I have to say, it is unique and fun.

However, there is one massive problem that throttles performance and makes the game frustrating to play at times.

That one issue is the FPS drops. I have got an Intel Pentium G620 (2.60 GHz) and a GT 710 (2 GB VRAM), that can play Battlefield: Bad Company 2 at maximum graphics.

That really bothers me: why can't I play this game without lagging at minimum graphics when the graphics aren't as good as BF: BC 2, yet I can play BF: BC 2 at maximum graphics at 60 FPS?

I've been researching into past updates and I've come to a conclusion that a lot of people have been reporting the same issue ever since the 1.12 terrain update.

I'd love to hear feedback relating to this, since it is a pretty big issue and impacts gameplay.

Cheers.

MakoSports    85
1 hour ago, realmaster42 said:

That one issue is the FPS drops. I have got an Intel Pentium G620 (2.60 GHz) and a GT 710 (2 GB VRAM), that can play Battlefield: Bad Company 2 at maximum graphics.

That really bothers me: why can't I play this game without lagging at minimum graphics when the graphics aren't as good as BF: BC 2, yet I can play BF: BC 2 at maximum graphics at 60 FPS?

Your PC specs are horrendous, that's why your having problems running the game.

BFBC2 came out a decade ago btw, (totally diff hardware requirements) so not sure why your comparing it to this one. 

Edited

11 minutes ago, MakoSports said:

BFBC2 came out a decade ago btw, (totally diff hardware requirements) so not sure why your comparing it to this one. 

They are not horrendous, they are rather decent. Many people have worse specifications, only a minority has high-end specs.

Sure, I have 4 GB RAM. But I'm not sure how Battlefield: Bad Company 2 runs so much better than this game with the same specs when it has way more content during gameplay and the graphics are definitely way better than this one?

This game is good, don't get me wrong, but it definitely could have optimizations when it comes to terrain/graphics.

It does make no sense that I can run Battlefield: Bad Company 2 perfectly on maximum graphics and barely can play this game in minimum graphics, when BF: BC 2 has better graphics and way more content being used.

Edit: The game's (Heroes & Generals WWII) minimum requirements are apparently:

Processor: 2GHz CPU w. SSE3 instruction set- dual-core. Memory: 3 GB RAM. Graphics: ATI HD 4810/NVIDIA 9600 GT or above (with >512mb RAM)

Which means that with my current specs I should've been able to play this game perfectly on minimum graphics.

Edited

TomeleRola    75

Hello!

I really like the game's gameplay and in-game experience, as I have to say, it is unique and fun.

However, there is one massive problem that throttles performance and makes the game frustrating to play at times.

I've been researching into past updates and I've come to a conclusion that a lot of people have been reporting the same issue ever since the 1.12 terrain update.

I'd love to hear feedback relating to this, since it is a pretty big issue and impacts gameplay.

Cheers.

BF is an ultra optimized game and the great problem of HnG is this, optimization, in long battles for example, your fps drop, with me I play with 50-60 fps, and it droped to 5-7 fps, is frustrating. I believe they are already working hard to solve this.

TomeleRola    75
22 minutes ago, realmaster42 said:

They are not horrendous, they are rather decent. Many people have worse specifications, only a minority has high-end specs.

Sure, I have 4 GB RAM. But I'm not sure how Battlefield: Bad Company 2 runs so much better than this game with the same specs when it has way more content during gameplay and the graphics are definitely way better than this one?

This game is good, don't get me wrong, but it definitely could have optimizations when it comes to terrain/graphics.

It does make no sense that I can run Battlefield: Bad Company 2 perfectly on maximum graphics and barely can play this game in minimum graphics, when BF: BC 2 has better graphics and way more content being used.

Processor: 2GHz CPU w. SSE3 instruction set- dual-core. Memory: 3 GB RAM. Graphics: ATI HD 4810/NVIDIA 9600 GT or above (with >512mb RAM)

Which means that with my current specs I should've been able to play this game perfectly on minimum graphics.

My config is worse and runs at 50-60 fps, I have 2GB memory RAM and a NVIDEA GT 730 + Intel Pentium Dual Core G630 2.70 GHZ. My previous config is Intel i5 + NVIDEA GT 730 + 4GB RAM, but my processor and my memory has broken and I lready are using my reserve specs.

Edited

Fegaris    1,723

my 10 y.old pc had better specs dude...and i had still 20-40fps....

Mastah    1,139

1: Your PC specs are pretty outdated for most modern games, however

2: This game is poorly optimized too; eating way to much memory for the low amount of (graphical) details and # of frames you get on screen. 

Mass effect.

Aust1n46    1,897
3 hours ago, realmaster42 said:

Minimum requirements do not mean you can run the application perfectly on the lowest settings...  The minimum requirements are the bare minimum hardware you need to just to RUN the program.

The recommended hardware is what you need at least to run the game at low to medium settings.  

Edited

daylightDi    92

H&G uses an abnormal amount of CPU processing power and your G620 is quite outdated. It looks to have had a somewhat decent single thread processing at the time, but was lower-scale almost a decade ago.

I  previously had a radeon 8350, which was much better than G620 from around the same time, and it couldn't hit stable 60fps in H&G. With the same CPU, I updated my GPU, with no effect to fps at all. Had no problems with other games.

PS. I will hazard a guess that RETO haven't updated the min requirements in years (that'd be their style) or have no idea what's minimum playable. 

Edited

Fegaris    1,723
2 minutes ago, daylightDi said:

H&G uses an abnormal amount of CPU processing power and your G620 is quite outdated. It looks to have a somewhat decent single thread processing at the time, but was lower-scale almost a decade ago.

this is true, i used on my old PC i7...and jsut thanks to that i could run game somewhat....thought my GPU sucked hard,,, HnG is even putting some stress on Ryzen 5 2600x xD so... 

mitron43    155
On May 1, 2019 at 9:01 AM, MakoSports said:

He has a point, the graphics in H&G are worse

15 hours ago, daylightDi said:

H&G uses an abnormal amount of CPU processing power 

Pretty sure that's cause it's using DirectX9 running in a DirectX11 environment, Orrrrrrre it could be mining, I'll look into that second part, last I checked using process monitor the application (H&G) loves looking into your certificates and going thru your registry 

_DX_    305
On 5/1/2019 at 1:42 PM, realmaster42 said:

Hello!

Cheers.

Sorry to tell you but with that pecs you cant play tetris anymore on 60 FPS

MaxTunnerX    436

Sometimes I get the feeling HnG just wants to kill our computers. Not only its not properly optimized, which also causes the PC to overheat, but the BattlEye anti cheat blocks

a program called "speedfan" and possibly some others from reading the PCs temperatures. If you forget about this fact, your PC fans will stay at low RPMs even if its scorching hot and you can kiss your PC bye bye.

Edited

hchris    240
On 5/1/2019 at 1:42 PM, realmaster42 said:

Hello!

Cheers.

I recommend you to get a new/updated computer. 

Gumandan    16
On 5/1/2019 at 2:42 PM, realmaster42 said:

Hello!

Cheers.

Everyone is having same trouble. Game optimization is horrible. When they brought this Honoring the Planes upgrade they literally dumped the game in trash can. Probably it has to do with some kind of particle effects on planes that pile up and ruin performance. Another horrible update was this weather colors which i think they rolled it back or something. Dont blame your pc ive heard ppl having issues with gtx960-970s. If there are multiple planes in the game you can get up to 30 fps loss. I play it 60 and with planes i can easily go down to 32fps.

Also if u having huge performance problems on war map that is because of the stupid way its build. I reported them and ask them to change that map long ago multiple times even by a mail. They could have given us a plain color map instead of this stupid 50 shades of gray 900 bazzilion pixel Breadth First Search showcase that benefits no one. If im not wrong that thing also has a huge impact on servers because each map piece that loads actually needs a request to servers. I didnt packet sniff to check whats cooking but it seems that its the case. All you can do is try some LOD optimizations from config file but that is not gonna help u with plane problem.

To be honest bugs fixes, balance adjustment and optimization is not issue for the company. Also they dont care much about cheaters so many SU clans running no recoil hacks since they already have the static addresses of any value from their experiences no big issue for them. You either learn to enjoy cancer like all of us until they run out of their last big donation and probably shut the game down by 2020, or just find another alternative and at least "enjoy" rather than getting sick.

17 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Sometimes I get the feeling HnG just wants to kill our computers. Not only its not properly optimized, which also causes the PC to overheat, but the BattlEye anti cheat blocks

a program called "speedfan" and possibly some others from reading the PCs temperatures. If you forget about this fact, your PC fans will stay at low RPMs even if its scorching hot and you can kiss your PC bye bye.

Ohh man does it actually do that ? thats why my laptop is burning. When we opened the case I saw black burn stain on inner part of the bottom casing which is metallic gray. I had this idea before that they might have agreement with hardware companies to burn our PCs or something. Especially considering the war map which they never intend to fix.

MaxTunnerX    436
18 minutes ago, Gumandan said:

Ohh man does it actually do that ? thats why my laptop is burning. When we opened the case I saw black burn stain on inner part of the bottom casing which is metallic gray. I had this idea before that they might have agreement with hardware companies to burn our PCs or something. Especially considering the war map which they never intend to fix.

Or they are just lazy and dont care.

Anyway yes it really does that. The main menu and RTS is fine, but as soon as you launch the action game and the BattlEye window pops up, speedfan sensors get killed and you have to stop and start the program service as well as the program itself to get it working again. So basically what I have to do in reality si set my fans to manual, set them to 100% and then go to the action game. When Im done playing the game or too annyoed to bear the loud fans, I restart all things that need restarting and set my fans to auto again to have peace and quiet.

Mind you, all games with BattlEye do that because its the BE that breaks the program. Also depends what program youre using, maybe your program doesnt get broken, but after Ive seen the BE in HnG block my sound drivers (resulting in no audio in game) I think other programs might have similar problems.

Edited