Vudu_guy

Thoughts & Prayers for the Crossroad map on proto

Vudu_guy    1,545

As there are no official feedback thread i will start my onw @Reto.Splixxen @Reto.Hades

First im gladly surprised there are indeed working on those maps and seeying its in working state we can test!

Now a list of things thati think are needed to  be looked at:

-Bots need to be more effective vs tankers outside their tanks.(prevent weapon ribbon farmers leaving their tanks).

-Bots need to NOT drop their rpg´s when dead.

-Bots need a damage buff, so  its almost a suicide to sit your tank inside the cap point or getting close to it, they need to be deadly more like terminators than bots.

-A tank going through and destroying a hedgehog can get some leaves and dirt effect in the view similar to the blood splatter effect on infantry when hurt.

-A system to prevent players from spawning 6 tiger 2 at the start of the game must be implemented, something like every 10 minutes a new tier is available to deploy(in "Waves"), meaning all battles start with ligth tanks only.

Things i know:

-Tank vs tank will NOT be 3 way battles, but maybe later (said by splixxen on his stream)

Things i dont know:

-Why the new spawn window auto-deploy you at the start of the game?

-How many players can play the tank vs tank game? 6vs6 seems rigth.

-How many spawns and wich classes will face each others? (dont tell me its all, because new players will suffer against better tiers).

Things i like:

-Not being able to tell where the enemy spawn is located in the map and spawn menu.

-More spreaded spawn points.

Edited
Added things i like

dadeoplanets    127

Pleasantly surprised to see this announcement...so I guess Reto forgot to move "tank vs tank" mode out of "on hold" to "early dev" or similar in the March 1st dev overview update? 

nice comments, as usual Vudu - but @Reto.Hades needs to move it to the public test feedback area

Edited

GermanSoldier    3,792
21 minutes ago, Vudu_guy said:

6vs6 seems rigth.

The map is certainly to small for 8v8, i think 5 v 5 or 6 v 6 is better.

Im not to certain about the map layout itself, i think a "bowl" style setup for the terrain is suboptimal for an armor focused map, especially with the lack of hard cover there is to use overall.

Also, the rocket bots need to be toned down.

Vudu_guy    1,545
6 minutes ago, dadeoplanets said:

Hades need to create the topic there

I cant, im a poor regular peasant  user. 😜 

2 minutes ago, GermanSoldier said:

Also, the rocket bots need to be toned down

You mean the rate of fire? i tried 2 games to just run sit inside the cap and managed to kill all enemy bots, for my experience there they need to be more deadly. I also think bots cant use AT grenades or H3.

Krlutin    1,171

Uuu nice fresh stuff, sounds promising!

How far along is it?

@Reto.Hades can we get *some* estimate on when we get this on live servers?

Jacky95    2,351

@Reto.Hadesthe map is amazing, however, there is one shortcoming. there is only one obj

because of this the gameplay is not dynamic and it does not offer many options.

If we would have 2 or 3 independently capable points that would offer versatility so if the King Tiger lock down one point the other team could go for another point.

This would diversify the gameplay and force teams to not camp but dynamically switch, between points. It would utilize the mostly unutilized and wast map.

Please add in one or 2 more independently cappable OBJ's to spice up the game flow and to utilize the map better.

27 minutes ago, Vudu_guy said:

You mean the rate of fire? i tried 2 games to just run sit inside the cap and managed to kill all enemy bots, for my experience there they need to be more deadly. I also think bots cant use AT grenades or H3.

this is a tank vs tank. you sure you want the combined arms aids in this game type to where tankers supposed to run away from the AIDS at rambos? Moreover, i hopped into a battle and the infantry seemed more than capable of doing dmg to tanks. i got tracked and hit in the engine a few times.

If tthe bots would be more deadly that would just sht on the tank vs tank engagements.

Imagine you are having a perfect tank vs tank and then a bot takes out your breach......that would be some salt....

Vudu_guy    1,545
4 minutes ago, Jacky95 said:

If we would have 2 or 3 independently capable points that would offer versatility so if the King Tiger lock down one point the other team could go for another point.

This would diversify the gameplay and force teams to not camp but dynamically switch, between points. It would utilize the mostly unutilized and wast map.

Yeah, that sound good, being 2 can also create the stalemate time needed so tankers kill each other.

5 minutes ago, Jacky95 said:

this is a tank vs tank. you sure you want the combined arms aids in this game type to where tankers supposed to run away from the AIDS at rambos?

But we need a good reason for tanks not going to sit inside the cap, so being them uber-rambos would be a good reason for ME not going there :D

Jacky95    2,351
Just now, Vudu_guy said:

But we need a good reason for tanks not going to sit inside the cap, so being them uber-rambos would be a good reason for ME not going there :D

that i would agree in. kinda like in division, right?

Having one or 2 special "boss" at rambos that are limited to the OBJ's.... that i wouldn't mind

@Reto.Hades could you forward this idea too, to the devs?

So far

• need 1 or 2 more independently cappable OBJ's(to spice up the game flow, force movement, offer versatility and to utilize the map)
  • 2-3 "boss" level at rambos limited to the OBJ area, strictly(they have better accuracy)

pegger    215

I do not partake in the tank mode, nor do I participate i nproto servers,  so perhaps my comments/questions can get some feedback from those who know better...

First point;

Tank v Tank only maps. Great idea for those who love the tank mode in H&G. I hope it is enjoyable for them.

And some devils advocate comments...

Second point/concern;

If tanks are given their own game mode, is there not any concern that this is just a shooting range/practice field for tanks to get more effective to come back and be an even bigger problem against infantry and other tanks in the regular game mode?

Third point/question;

If tanks are given their own mode to play, should infantry also have the ability to filter tanks out of their selections for staged match play?

Jacky95    2,351
1 hour ago, Vudu_guy said:

A system to prevent players from spawning 6 tiger 2 at the start of the game must be implemented, something like every 10 minutes a new tier is available to deploy, meaning all battles start with ligth tanks only.

+99999

PrivateMarkosL    377
1 hour ago, Vudu_guy said:

As there are no official feedback thread i will start my onw @Reto.Splixxen @Reto.Hades

First im gladly surprised there are indeed working on those maps and in a state we can test!

Now a list of things thati think are needed to  be looked at:

-Bots need to be more effective vs tankers outside their tanks.(prevent weapon ribbon farmers leaving their tanks).

-Bots need to NOT drop their rpg´s when dead.

-Bots need a damage buff, so  its almost a suicide to sit your tank inside the cap point or getting close to it, they need to be deadly more like terminators than bots.

-A tank going through and destroying a hedgehog can get some leaves and dirt effect in the view similar to the blood splatter effect on infantry when hurt.

-A system to prevent players from spawning 6 tiger 2 at the start of the game must be implemented, something like every 10 minutes a new tier is available to deploy, meaning all battles start with ligth tanks only.

Things i know:

-Tank vs tank will NOT be 3 way battles, but maybe later (said by splixxen on hi stream)

Things i dont know:

-Why the new spawn window auto-deploy you at the start of the game.

-How many players can play the tank vs tank game? 6vs6 seems rigth.

-How many spawns and wich classes will face each others? (dont tell me its all, because new players will suffer against better tiers).

Things i like:

-Not being able to tell where the enemy spawn is located in the map and spawn menu.

-More spreaded spawn points.

I can't join the map because it says ''character is locked''.

Jacky95    2,351
5 minutes ago, pegger said:

If tanks are given their own mode to play, should infantry also have the ability to filter tanks out of their selections for staged match play?

encounter ?

58 minutes ago, GermanSoldier said:

The map is certainly to small for 8v8, i think 5 v 5 or 6 v 6 is better.

Is it tho?

what if we have 2 OBJ's? utilizing the vast map? than it might not feel small

i would rather have a target rich environment than to have to brush the bush for some enemy tanks

Edited

pegger    215
6 minutes ago, Jacky95 said:

encounter ?

I appreciate that (boring) option, but how many 5 minute Krepost games can one be expected to endure just to not have to face tanks?

What about Skirms? wouldn't it be nice to play skirmish modes without tanks for a change?

Even the occasional Assault map with infantry only is a good time (imo).

Jacky95    2,351
3 minutes ago, pegger said:

I appreciate that (boring) option, but how many 5 minute Krepost games can one be expected to endure just to not have to face tanks?

What about Skirms? wouldn't it be nice to play skirmish modes without tanks for a change?

i mean i wouldnt mind if there would be a inf and para or inf only version for the Skirmish maps...it wouldnt be much work..

People have been telling reto to just grab parts out of the Assult maps and use them as inf only....since 2016 ..like the Town area of the Town map

Edited

Vudu_guy    1,545
1 hour ago, PrivateMarkosL said:

I can't join the map because it says ''character is locked''.

You need to queue  with a tanker

1 hour ago, hchris said:

Screenshots please 😄

qriLDR.jpg

ih2l7A.jpg

1 hour ago, pegger said:

A new assault map designed for mainly infantry will be nice, a true "city" map.

Edited

geschlittert    1,789

Tbh, this map would have been so much fun with the old 2hk tank system. Longrangecombat is pretty crap with the high TTK

Vudu_guy    1,545

Also look who i found!!:

x7Hc8X.jpg

qU0mGw.jpg

Its the old house from "first blood! @RadicalEdward2 i think they indeed used those old assest after all.

hchris    240
9 minutes ago, Vudu_guy said:

Also look who i found!!:

x7Hc8X.jpg

qU0mGw.jpg

Its the old house from "first blood! @RadicalEdward2 i think they indeed used those old assest after all.

Thank you very much for the screenshots! 

Map looks fantastic, I cannot wait to play it! Looks pretty finished if you ask me?

Hmmm I guess it needs a new RTS function so the map can be chosen in war? Other than that it shouldn't take too long to get this finished?

PrivateMarkosL    377
21 minutes ago, Vudu_guy said:

You need to queue  with a tanker

it's a tank vs tank map?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO