Reto.Hades

Prototype test 15/1/19 feedback

Reto.Hades    3,433

We have opened up the prototype test again! If you have any feedback you wish to share you can leave it here!

The server includes:

• Tweaks to the damage armor system
  • Weapon: US Bazooka M9A1
  • Weapon: GE Panzerbüchse-39
  • Weapon: SU Ampulomet Model 1941

Known issues:

• Random crashes can occur
  • The Panzerbuchse Prone Aim is aiming slightly upwards instead of where you want it to aim

Changes to the armor damage system:

- Half damage on penetration is absorbed by armor unless the armor is worn down
- Lowered max amount of armor surface can be worn down to 1/5th
- Lowered total hitpoints of all by vehicles by around 50% (this does not result in vehicles dying twice as fast)
- Lowered internal component hitpoints for all vehicles by around 50% (this does not result in vehicles dying twice as fast)
- Increased amount of damage from ammunition and fuel by 30%
- Components remain broken until they have been repaired up to 50%
- Several changes to anti-tank mines to make it less effective to put them next to a tank and shoot them
- When triggered by or attached to a vehicle dmg falloff over distance is disabled (both anti-tank mines and anti-tank grenades)

Jacky95    2,351
8 minutes ago, Reto.Hades said:

We have opened up the prototype test again! If you have any feedback you wish to share you can leave it here!

will a list of changes be posted?

pegger    215
9 minutes ago, Reto.Hades said:

what are we testing? Would Reto care to advise what has been changed with the armor in the prototype server?

pegger    215
6 minutes ago, Reto.Hades said:

vehicles should be a bit easier to destroy

sounds good.

Although the Tankers vs. AT Rambo threads are fun to read, I do hope this issue gets dialed in and made fair for both sides.

Jacky95    2,351
1 hour ago, Reto.Hades said:

when i buy tankers they dont show up amongst my soldiers

wait false alarm

first feedback.

• The ampulomet sights are hard to aim with because the front sight just gets lost.
  • battle is not starting even after i rejoin 
  • sound is cutting out (hapenned on E line mountain town)

/M 1282914807170690953 /P 2964313171551137032 /W 54.77.113.20:15110 /lang en /NOSERVER  /H 0 /PS 5313910237794116880 /V 155371 /R "ircserver=54.154.213.220:6680"  /R "chatp=5313910237794116880::yH4yaMOhw6DA2Xb3Jq79AyY/0io"  /R "sync.delayShow=1"  /R "actionhost=18.195.76.184:16583"  /R "useDX12=0"  /R "render.enable_pbr=0" 

Edited

Vudu_guy    1,545

3 three ways battles i joined since the start crashed after a few moments, maybe 3 ways are bugged? 

Sound of GE AT weapon is sexy as f*ck.

Ampulomet is like a mars weapon, so strange but nice, weird to be using it while standing but that will change when bipods arrive rigth?

New US bazooka color/texture is little meh, also the effect of the rocket over surfaces is too small, its supposed to be a rocket after all, make a little explosion!

Reto.Hades    3,433

I have updated the announcement and the opening post, it is my first time making such an announcement so apologies for having some struggles to get the information out correctly ;)

Jacky95    2,351
20 minutes ago, Reto.Hades said:

would you guys maybe allow us to spawn in vehicles ? it would ease the testing a lot, instead of having to sit in spawn timer

Edited

GermanSoldier    3,792
  • Weapon: US Bazooka M9A1
  • Weapon: GE Panzerbüchse-39
  • Weapon: SU Ampulomet Model 1941

This entire new AT weapon setup is more of a joke than i could have even imagined

And not a particularly good one i might add. I highly advise you guys to go back to the drawing board.

ps. Since i know this wont change anymore, at least look at the ridiculous reload times between the ampulomeme and the m9a1

pps. the left arm stretches when using the ampulomeme

Edited

Jacky95    2,351

tqU7fmB.jpg

So both the ampulomet and M9A1 are tier 2 but:

The ampu has low penetration(90mm),no range,hard aiming and very long reload

the M9A1 is way too fast and also it has that 101mm pen

this is not balanced at all.

Furthermore while the M9A1 has range the ampulomet is hard to aim and after mid distance is unusable. Its a gimmic right now. a cool gimmic but not usefull.. a serious downgrade compared to the bazooka.

• My suggestion is the following. make the ampulomet sights better, keep the Bazooka at tier 2 SU and leave the ampu as a sidekick since u already modelled it.

Because as of now the top tier SU AT weapon has NO range, and the least amount of penetration. While GE has one 150mm penetrating rocket launcher and US has reliable bazookas and a recoilless rifle.

Su is terribly underpowered again

But the thing is, even if you re-add the bazooka, SU will still be the weakest AT weapon faction! If you make the AT rifles usable on long distance in prone as they were in the early days of pre-hotfix armor 2.0 than SU will have 2 AT rifles that are usable against light tanks, and a bazooka and ampu against mediums, and the bazooka yet again for Heavy Tanks.

This way, the line up while not be completelly useless but will still lack a competitive anti heavy tank weapon (in this lineup)

Make the AT rifles realistic!

IRL penetration/range adjusted to ingame distances, no dmg and penetration buffing badges, no sway + BA rifle conefire in prone, and can only use them in prone(or even heavier sway while standing)

Edited

PDRBR2016    56

All the rifles and the ampulomet should be fired only when prone. Except bazookas, all AT ranged weapons should be used when prone. Add more damage and accuracy for counter this nerf, and It'll be the perfect AT update.

SK1M3R    1,288

1. ok no, a Jeep can take easily 8 shoots with a AT rifle, actually it takes from 3 to 8 shoots, that means that you expect some body to take 3 shoots during 15 seconds with put getting killed to kill a jeep with a AT rifle with out getting killed?, that is not going to happen, if something managing to hit the fuel tank with one AT rifle should one shoot it, which goes to the point jeeps still have too much health.

2. instead of making the PTRD accurate so it could be used at 50-80 meters to hit specific modules, as it should be used, you made the other AT rifles useless by giving them horribly bad damage and accuracy, to the point you have to be at like 20 meters away to actually aim for a specific module and it takes 2 friking hits to break the tank tracks making them very UP and just making any attempt to use them a suicide.

3. the audio is breaking hard randomly but more frequently around moving vehicles, during this all audio queues stop playing at the same time.

4. if AT rifles are meant to be used in the game they should at least have the same accuracy as bot action rifles while prone, you should be able to hit a specific module at 100m away on a static target, and its damage should be enough  to at least break the tracks in one hit, if you cant do that then the AT rifles have now value at all, right now in the prototype people testing AT rifles look like colonial era soldier fighting with muskets, just defining lines and shooting praying for RNG to let them hit their targets at 20 meters away, which makes them look totally ridiculous as any noob with a stock SA would just wipe out a whole AT rifle team in any fire fight at any given time.

5. the US pocket cannon deals more damage than the SU pirate cannon, it shoots faster rounds and it reloads pretty fast, so it is far better than anything that any other faction has, so please Balance it out some how, I know it is hard since the opposing side weapon is basically a pirate cannon but just at least hit it in the reload time that is very fast and the massive damage it deals it will be bad of the game balance for as long as the other AT weapons are ready

6. prototype servers are unstable, while testing the new US pocket cannon the server totally disconnected everyone in the battle, and a bit before that all of my squad's clients crashed simultaneously, so definitely you need to look at that.

7. jeeps still have too much health a direct hit on the fuel tank should destroy a jeep for gods sake. 

8. the prototype server crashed on my squad as soon as we try to load in to test the tanks so more feedback wil be delivered on another day.

Edited

Jacky95    2,351
1 minute ago, SK1M3R said:

2 friking hits to break the tank tracks making them very

light tank tracks. that's important

heavy and mediums might take longer

3 minutes ago, SK1M3R said:

e I realize that its supposed to be tier 3 b

i checked, its listed as tier 2. M9A1 Bazooka. M18 is the tier 3

SK1M3R    1,288
5 minutes ago, Jacky95 said:

i checked, its listed as tier 2. M9A1 Bazooka. M18 is the tier 3

my bad so there is still another pocket cannon coming to the US side, LOL.