Sign in to follow this  
Reto.Robotron3000

Help test performance optimizations on prototype

Reto.Robotron3000    1,118

WHAT ARE WE TESTING AND WHY?

We are testing a number of performance optimizations that focus on improving framerate by reducing stuttering, speed up loading time on minimum requirement PCs and a performance update to the anti-cheat.
We are testing this on prototype instead of just rolling it out on live as there might be some issues with very specific PC configurations.

So what should I do?

Log in to prototype, and launch the action game (please just choose an infantry soldier and have all maps selected), deploy into the map and run around and have a bit of fun. We'll collect and analyze the data needed. The server has been configured to start battles with 1 soldier on each side and no infantry requirements, so this is your chance to take exotic vehicles and weapons for a spin if you want to check something out!

Anything specific I can do to help?

Upload crash reports if crashing; If the game is stalling or you experience much worse performance than on Live, provide your DXdiag file, player-prototype.log and hngsync-prototype.log. The logfiles can be found in the folder:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Heroes and Generals

Here is a link to instructions on how to create a dxdiag file.

How long will prototype be open?

We will keep prototype open until Monday November 19th at 1400 CET.

HOW DO I JOIN?

In order to participate, you will have to download the Prototype client.
You can download the client by clicking the link to

http://prototype.heroesandgenerals.com

Download and install the client as indicated.

You will have more than enough Gold for testing purposes and grabbing the vehicles you want to play with! Please note that any gold, credits or warfunds are not transferred to the Live servers. What you do on the prototype server stays on the prototype server.

FAQ

Q: How do I access the prototype server on Steam, Mail.Ru, or Hype?
A: Unfortunately, Prototype is only accessible through the standalone client. But you can use the same login, so you only need to download the stand-alone client.

Q: Can I play when I located outside Europe?
A: We have two different servers supporting prototype this time, one in Frankfurt, Germany like we normally have that gives good (or decent) ping for Europeans, Russians and most Americans, but we also have one running in Hong Kong so our Australian and Asian players should have a chance to play as well.

Q: Why is the downloading of the client progressing so slow?
A: During the initial opening of the server, there is a heavy load on download centers.

Q: What should I do if I encounter a crash?
A: If you experience crashes you should send the crash report right away!

Q: Does this impact my normal game?
A: No, You have a separate amount of credits, gold & warfunds as well as separate characters, weapons, vehicles etc. on the prototype server!

Q: Do I get the Gold, Warfunds and Credits back in the normal game?
A: No, the free stuff stays on the prototype server.

Q: Am I allowed to have fun?
A: YES! While this is a test it is also a game, so go have some fun! Check out other vehicles, factions and careers from what you normally play.

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2018/11/test-optimizations-on-prototype/

Reto.Hades    3,433
48 minutes ago, E=MC2Trooper said:

after buying the first ribbon all the icons change to the binocular icon.

https://imgur.com/a/yXY7gVO

But the fps client seems to be stable to me

We just really want you to buy one ;) . Anyway thanks for the report! 

geschlittert    1,789
14 minutes ago, Reto.Hades said:

We just really want you to buy one ;) . Anyway thanks for the report! 

It's a bit hard to find out if the performance is different without planes and tanks rolling and flying around.

sayukta    111
31 minutes ago, geschlittert said:

It's a bit hard to find out if the performance is different without planes and tanks rolling and flying around.

ya no plane and  no tanks

Krzysiek5657    956
1 hour ago, geschlittert said:

but that's way to tell that test was performed successfully!

sayukta    111

i experienced slight boost in performance which i mean is no fluctuation in fps.kind of constant

Vudu_guy    1,545

There is a bug on proto.

Planes on "classic" controls lost A and D movements keys, those affected the vertical tail flap letting you do sligthy moves left or rigth, this IS working on live but has NO effect on prototype server, there now its a weird combination  as the mouse is doing the movement  of A and D keys are for.

I tried changing between the controls options and still those keys are disable on classic.

Mjfked.jpg

PrivateMarkosL    377

Unfortunately i couldn't get an I5 CPU so i got the latest I3(I3 8100) and with max graphics when i was looking at trees my FPS were dropping but the prototype fix fixed it.

Lebakir    1

The Prototype seems to be working as intended, as I gain a 10 FPS boost with no sudden drop.

Tr4nch4r    33

Well now i am getting decent fps without any drops or stuttering but the real question is will it show the same stats on live servers , when i played on prototype it was against 5v3 lobby with not much of action going on so when it hit live servers and playing on 20v20 lobby will the fps be like the same as it shown on prototype??

I had decent FPS in the split game i played (WAY higher than on live server, although i had all my browers and flash applications running) However there were only 3 guys in the match with me...

Hi, Experience errors in the game. Where should I send the reports? On three occasions the screen froze and I had to log in again. In the game Live also happens to me. And before the last update, it did not happen.-

Zoaron    683

I can only hope that besides more performance, the RTS side will also get more stable as I am getting tired having to restart the game about every 20 min. as it crashes miserably.

A few days ago I could play well between 100-200 fps, I do not know if it will be a problem of the game or the last update of the drivers of my video card but the fps fell to 20-30
PC specifiations:
GTX 1060 6gb
Hyperx 8 GB RAM
Intel I7 4790k

albotros    0

It works strange. After the players become more than 10 vs 10, FPS drops at half from 120-180 to 60-90 and it doesn't matter how many armor tanks or planes in a battlefield.

Edited

doubutsumon    0

I play around 50, 60 fps in skirmish mode, but in attack mode is unplayable, not at FPS, but in Lag Spike, sometimes i get seconds waiting locked, which does not happen in other games. Please, fix it.

Tr4nch4r    33

when i played against 5v3 i had like 90 -100 fps then on 15v16 lobby fps dropped down to 35-45 fps lol

Reto.Blitz    7
10 hours ago, doubutsumon said:

I play around 50, 60 fps in skirmish mode, but in attack mode is unplayable, not at FPS, but in Lag Spike, sometimes i get seconds waiting locked, which does not happen in other games. Please, fix it.

Are you referring to the normal (Live) game servers or the test on Prototype?

You can help out by providing the log files described in the original post.

You can also compare Live and Prototype servers by adding "render.show_fps_graph = 1" in your client.ini file in your install directory.

Sincerely, 

Reto.Blitz 

Reto.GreenBow    103
On 11/17/2018 at 6:53 PM, CapitanVeneno214 said:

Hi, Experience errors in the game. Where should I send the reports? On three occasions the screen froze and I had to log in again. In the game Live also happens to me. And before the last update, it did not happen.-

You can paste your desription of the issue, the lofgiles and secreenshots here (use a spoiler section for the long logs).