Reto.Robotron3000

New Krepost Encounter map test on prototype - round 3

Reto.Robotron3000    1,118

Once again we would like to enlist your help testing the upcoming Krepost Encounter map on our Prototype Server!

In this iteration of the map we have:

• Redesigned the capture point layout. Now the fortress has 3 Objectives
  • Removed the large building from the neutral compound across the river to make it look less like an Objective
  • Added more cover to the Yard
  • Opened 3 of the tall windows to allow easier access to the fortress
  • Optimized water layer for performance reasons
  • Fixed collision issues in the west wing crater
  • Work on officers area in fortress
  • Working on updating geometry on all walls sections
  • Working on updating geometry all roof sections
  • Sound update to fix missing/delayed shot sounds from other players

What we are looking for is your feedback on the gameplay and what you think of the overall flow of the Krepost Encounter with the changes we have made – does the extra objective point improve the experience or not?

Also, let us know if you find issues that break the gameplay and/or missing/delayed sounds.

Be aware that the map is still in an early state and a "work in progress" so everything is subject to change - especially the visuals. So please disregard the pure visuals – we do not need feedback on the visuals. Neither do we need input on how the bots behave.

Known Issues

• There are missing/white textures several places on the map.
  • The graphics is not optimized yet, so the you will experience lower fps.
  • There are placeholder textures (like the brick textures on the fortress itself)
  • Various shader-issues
  • Visual gaps in walls, roofs, ceilings and such
  • Missing LOD
  • Bots have not been optimized to the map layout – they may seem poorly organized compared to Live

WHAT ARE WE TESTING AND WHY?

We are testing the gameplay flow on the new encounter map named 'Krepost', situated in the marshlands of Eastern Europe.
So jump in and play the map, play to win battles. In addition to the map this prototype test also includes a new set of precision aim recoil animations, ie. how your weapon behaves on screen when you shoot while aiming (hold right mouse), and a sound update to fix missing/delayed shot sounds from other players. We would like feedback about places where you are able to squeeze yourself through (or shoot through) where it doesn't feel intended.

How long will prototype be open?

We will keep prototype open until Monday November 5th at 1400 CET.

HOW DO I JOIN?

In order to participate, you will have to download the Prototype client.
You can download the client by clicking the link to

http://prototype.heroesandgenerals.com

Download and install the client as indicated.

You will have more than enough Gold for testing purposes and grabbing the vehicles you want to play with! Please note that any gold, credits or warfunds are not transferred to the Live servers. What you do on the prototype server stays on the prototype server.

FAQ

Q: How do I access the prototype server on Steam, Mail.Ru, or Hype?
A: Unfortunately, Prototype is only accessible through the standalone client. But you can use the same login, so you only need to download the stand-alone client.

Q: Can I play when I located outside Europe?
A: We have two different servers supporting prototype this time, one in Frankfurt, Germany like we normally have that gives good (or decent) ping for Europeans, Russians and most Americans, but we also have one running in Hong Kong so our Australian and Asian players should have a chance to play as well.

Q: Why is the downloading of the client progressing so slow?
A: During the initial opening of the server, there is a heavy load on download centers.

Q: What should I do if I encounter a crash?
A: If you experience crashes you should send the crash report right away!

Q: Does this impact my normal game?
A: No, You have a separate amount of credits, gold & warfunds as well as separate characters, weapons, vehicles etc. on the prototype server!

Q: Do I get the Gold, Warfunds and Credits back in the normal game?
A: No, the free stuff stays on the prototype server.

Q: Am I allowed to have fun?
A: YES! While this is a test it is also a game, so go have some fun! Check out other vehicles, factions and careers from what you normally play.

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2018/11/

drhoops    2,280
25 minutes ago, Reto.Robotron3000 said:

Bots have not been optimized to the map layout – they may seem poorly organized compared to Live

Live?  What is this "Live" of which you speak?  Are we going to have bots on live servers?

27 minutes ago, Reto.Robotron3000 said:

Q: Am I allowed to have fun?
A: YES! While this is a test it is also a game, so go have some fun! Check out other vehicles, factions and careers from what you normally play.

NO!  We require information und zat is all.  No fun iz allowed heir!

There, fixed it for you.

Reto.muerteh    53
12 minutes ago, drhoops said:

Live?  What is this "Live" of which you speak?  Are we going to have bots on live servers?

There has been bots on Live for at least 1 year 🙂 The reason you probably haven't noticed is because they're only available for brand new players, so they won't get steamrolled in their first 1-3 matches :)

drhoops    2,280
Just now, Reto.muerteh said:

There has been bots on Live for at least 1 year 🙂 The reason you probably haven't noticed is because they're only available for brand new players, so they won't get steamrolled in their first 1-3 matches :)

Oh, right, forgot about that.  I saw RB talk about bots assigned to protect tanks, and bots in the new tank-only map, so I wasn't sure if Reto was moving in that direction soon.

Reto.muerteh    53
7 minutes ago, drhoops said:

Oh, right, forgot about that.  I saw RB talk about bots assigned to protect tanks, and bots in the new tank-only map, so I wasn't sure if Reto was moving in that direction soon.

We will need to do a thorough overhaul of the AI before we can implement the bots into other parts of the game, but hopefully we will get there one day :)

Zoaron    683
10 minutes ago, Reto.muerteh said:

We will need to do a thorough overhaul of the AI before we can implement the bots into other parts of the game

yup, that would be good, I saw many BOT-campers and others that kept looking at the map O.o 

(ps I like the idea of bots to fill empty spots)

It is impossible to shoot through this window to the main square

s7YYFdj.jpg

further it is good you opened some windows, much more fun!

And I suggest to improve the possibility to get on the roof as from the towers I feel it is kind of hard to get there

Ensolo    80

TFPEekf.png

please do something about this! i cant see the enemies standing in the door frame.. this problem exists in many other maps too... just put the symbol a bit higher in the air and add a bit transparency. also hide it when putting your crossair in that direction (not only in aim mode).

changes like those take very few time to fix (at least i believe) but would greatly improve the gaming experience. ;)

bocaz    682
1 hour ago, Reto.muerteh said:

The reason you probably haven't noticed is because they're only available for brand new players, so they won't get steamrolled in their first 1-3 matches :)

The bots or the newbies? xP 

2 hours ago, Zoaron said:

yup, that would be good, I saw many BOT-campers and others that kept looking at the map O.o 

(ps I like the idea of bots to fill empty spots)

It is impossible to shoot through this window to the main square

s7YYFdj.jpg

further it is good you opened some windows, much more fun!

And I suggest to improve the possibility to get on the roof as from the towers I feel it is kind of hard to get there

Hi Zoaron,

Thanks for the feedback.

I will make sure the window bug is fixed in the next iteration.

Gerrit.    1,047

I seem to have bad fps on the map this time, while I didn't have that problem before. And no fps issues on the main game either.

Also, are we supposed to be able to climb the roof of the castle? We could use some more intuitive ways to do so if intended, and possibly a ladder in another place as well. If it isn't intended, my feedback is that we're able to climb the roof by jumping from the towers.

Edited

Akinaba    461

Just tried it and... man! that 3 CP map layout is so awesome I wount ask for more... Indeed.

Only it's a pity that the middle village rests from no objective and the central part of the citadel is also not an objective for now. I'd carefully ask to ... maybe try to add 2 more obj points - the village and the yard, but frankly it's so much good to play allready I probably will not ask for more.

Good things:

- roof breaches,

- different theamed assets that helps to navigate and define your own destination inside the fortress

- wall markings

Those all are awesome..

ONLY: Instead of sections A,B,C, etc. I would like to ask you to use cirylic: A, Б, В to improve the immerse

Keep more cover and assests comming!

P.S. Bots are still trying to hold the central yard for some reason

P.P.S. Maybe you'll try to visually differentiate O1 and O2 (turning one into officers room or headcuaters probably) to make navigation even more distinguish?

P.P.P.S Didn't realize how many objectives in a cmall CQ conditions are awesome

Edited

cokolator    178
4 hours ago, Reto.muerteh said:

Back in time when we didn't have bots it was my motivation to get better and start steamrolling others. So far I have a record 8 kills at once :)

PrivateMarkosL    377

Nice just needs some optimazation and maybe raise the point insignias a bit because they are blocking my view i have that giant O2 O1 and O3 on my screen blocking my way resulting in deaths.

For example: Here i stole i mean took a picture from the upper comments to get what I mean

TFPEekf.png

Edited

Zoaron    683

One issue, when spawning and driving your jeep (US) from spawn to the fortress, the sound is weird and once I had only the suspension noise but no engine noise (it seemed an electric vehicle!)

I guess this (sound) requires some attention.

Akinaba    461
2 minutes ago, PrivateMarkosL said:

Nice just needs some optimazation and maybe raise the point insignias a bit because they are blocking my view i have that giant O2 O1 and O3 on my screen blocking my way resulting in deaths.

You know, you can tune the interface and even turn that Icons off completely, right?

PrivateMarkosL    377
14 minutes ago, Akinaba said:

You know, you can tune the interface and even turn that Icons off completely, right?

I'm not into the map designs and i will miss a lot of objectives and i need credits too.

Newest version is most dynamic and feels great 👍

As for sound bugs, when I'm inside a building and someone is shooting on the roof above it sounds like he's sitting on my head. No sound occlusion at all.

Don't know if you guys noticed but it's possible to speed on water surface and do Evel Knievel tricks.

Where should i go to report bugs/crashes/random-reboots on the prototype server? As I am not able to play with random-reboots(can't even spawn).

Ratanak    1

I liked the different capture areas in the fortress. It makes for a more intense contest. Three might be a bit much though.

I think the neutral compound should've remained an objective. Just seems weird to have that huge area on one side of the map that has very little point to it. All the action is concentrated on the fortress side.