Reto.Robotron3000

Help test the Krepost Encounter map on prototype - round 2

Reto.Robotron3000    1,118

Once again we would like to enlist your help testing the upcoming Krepost Encounter map on our Prototype Server!

In this iteration of the map we have:

• Added an extra objective point (O2), providing the team who not in control of the fortress a better chance of stopping the enemy from progressing.
  • Added an alternative flanking route to new objective point.
  • Moved the southern deploy area back a bit and added view blockers to reduce spawn killing from the fortress.
  • Added placeholder props such as tables, chairs, beds etc have been added to a number of rooms.
  • Made bots part of the battle for an 18vs18 gameplay experience. Bots will be replaced with real players as they are joining the battle.

What we are looking for is your feedback on the gameplay and what you think of the overall flow of the Krepost Encounter with the changes we have made – does the extra objective point improve the experience or not?

Also, let us know if you find issues that break the gameplay and/or missing/delayed sounds.

Be aware that the map is still in an early state and a "work in progress" so everything is subject to change - especially the visuals. So please disregard the pure visuals – we do not need feedback on the visuals. Neither do we need input on how the bots behave.

>Known Issues

• There are missing/white textures several places on the map.
  • There are placeholder textures (like the brick textures on the fortress itself)
  • Various shader-issues
  • Visual gaps in walls, roofs, ceilings and such
  • Missing LOD
  • Bots have not been optimized to the map layout – they may seem poorly organized compared to Live

WHAT ARE WE TESTING AND WHY?

We are testing the gameplay flow on the new encounter map named 'Krepost', situated in the marshlands of Eastern Europe. So jump in and play the map, play to win battles. In addition to the map this prototype test also includes a new set of precision aim recoil animations, ie. how your weapon behaves on screen when you shoot while aiming (hold right mouse).

How long will prototype be open?

We will keep prototype open until Wednesday October 31st at 1300 CEST.

HOW DO I JOIN?

In order to participate, you will have to download the Prototype client.
You can download the client by clicking the link to

http://prototype.heroesandgenerals.com

Download and install the client as indicated.

You will have more than enough Gold for testing purposes and grabbing the vehicles you want to play with! Please note that any gold, credits or warfunds are not transferred to the Live servers. What you do on the prototype server stays on the prototype server.

FAQ

Q: How do I access the prototype server on Steam, Mail.Ru, or Hype?
A: Unfortunately, Prototype is only accessible through the standalone client. But you can use the same login, so you only need to download the stand-alone client.

Q: Can I play when I located outside Europe?
A: We have two different servers supporting prototype this time, one in Frankfurt, Germany like we normally have that gives good (or decent) ping for Europeans, Russians and most Americans, but we also have one running in Hong Kong so our Australian and Asian players should have a chance to play as well.

Q: Why is the downloading of the client progressing so slow?
A: During the initial opening of the server, there is a heavy load on download centers.

Q: What should I do if I encounter a crash?
A: If you experience crashes you should send the crash report right away!

Q: Does this impact my normal game?
A: No, You have a separate amount of credits, gold & warfunds as well as separate characters, weapons, vehicles etc. on the prototype server!

Q: Do I get the Gold, Warfunds and Credits back in the normal game?
A: No, the free stuff stays on the prototype server.

Q: Am I allowed to have fun?
A: YES! While this is a test it is also a game, so go have some fun! Check out other vehicles, factions and careers from what you normally play.

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2018/10/

bocaz    682

is it not possible to have this as a map in the live server? (without actually occurring in war?)

boldin    894
5 minutes ago, bocaz said:

is it not possible to have this as a map in the live server? (without actually occurring in war?)

Can you imagine the shitstorm about the visuals? Me neither.

So let it reside on test server.

Edited

Reto.McFly    844
Just now, bocaz said:

As it is a 'work in progress' map we need to make changes to it a lot more often than we do with the Live maps - and we would need to take the servers offline each time we did so.

Ensolo    80

i think the 2 objective version is a very bad idea. probably will one team just camp with 3 APCs in 01 and the other with 3 APCs in 02.  And then the team with less assault team loses..

PrivateMarkosL    377

Needs optimazation on some parts and some textures become unrendered with black color when you're not close to the building then they are suddenly ok.

All the other parts are good and i love the new recoil.

I'm loving this new map. I've been playing this game for years and I'm always excited for a new update. Thanks so much for the many years of hard work and love put into this game.

Issues:
There seem to be too many bots. A few of us were talking about how it keep dropping our FPS. I usually get 100+ FPS every match on the normal game, but on this map I get roughly 40. It also is affected by the map itself. I don't really know why, but I understand you guys are fixing things. It could be all the textures and the work-in-progress buildings and tress, as well as roads.
Other than performance issues, some of the windows don't let you shoot through them. It's a bit weird, but understandable on a new map.

Keep up the good work! <3

Xeator    743

Two objectives! NOICE! Glad you are willing to test these things out.

Xeator    743

Well, basically one squad vs another and a ton of bots doesnt maybe represent how it would work out on live, but I have to say that even after just one battle it feels a lot better. The match lasted longer and the second objective was the reason for that. If its just one objective these battles can be over before they even begin. So I hope that is one thing that carries over onto live.

Bots... not really my favorite thing in games. For the sake of testing on prototype they did their job in populating the map. I hope bots will not be present on live, but that the player cap will be up at 18v18.

Some of the windows and slits on the north tower were impossible to fire through.

And now that there is a second objective there you have the possibility of opening up the side/east tower, or maybe that area needs to be harder to guard? Who knows, Im just throwing my thoughts out here.

sayukta    111
2 hours ago, PrivateMarkosL said:

Needs optimazation on some parts and some textures become unrendered with black color when you're not close to the building then they are suddenly ok.

same here

and i like the idea of two capture point

Edited

( NB: O2 as the new objective with wooden houses and the stone house, not the castle. Not sure anymore which is O2 and O1 since just "O" is indicated on map and on death/spawn view... Also... no battle timer when you are dead.. how do you know if the battle is over soon ? Should you spawn an apc if only 1 millimeter left on the battle timer? is no more a possible choice.)

No health or ammunition box on O2 ?

Not many possibilities to access the top floor of the stone building in O2. Only the stairs ? I loved HnG for avoiding straight path / corridor. Always hated to wear horse's blinkers while playing video games. I hope the castle O1 also has some damage walls to give more access from side and allows rifle guys at O2 to shoot soldier advancing within the building ( cf. youtube video )

The window's grids make it really difficult to shoot through windows. Having always the weapon's animation as if you were hitting the wall with your weapon when firing through the windows makes it nearly useless to be on the top floor of the stone house in O2.

Could we have O1 slow to capture and O2 faster but O1 would have more 'total' capture speed/importance than O2. Having O1 and O2 with same capture value, I fear a stagnation.

Kind regards.

Edited
video link

1 hour ago, marinusf2 said:

Thanks for using Bots on the test server. Makes for much more populated battles.

I see Reto actually made this. Thank You Reto, finally we can properly test the proto server, not waiting like 20, 30 minutes to actually get into the map, as of small actual player numbers.

Regards

Rudy

Akinaba    461

Okay, Quick feedback here. Considering that I managed to play only from North SP yet I will provide my feed back from that POW.

First of all the general question:

YES. The new 02 capturepoint improves gameplay flow drastically imo. It also allows players with different playstyles fit in the same game which is nice.

The only thing is what sould be done now is paying a little more attention to the gameflow on the new capturepoint to trace unevens.

What I've noticed from that POW is that O2 drastically needs an enterance in the brick building from this angle:

01-01.png

Any more waypaths and rubbles outide and inside the house would also be nice.

Secondly here is the general description of current map problems from NSP view:

NSP-02-01.png

Now the spawn point isn't well defended from the o2 direction. Morover some assets viredly favour the spawncamping side right now. Instead all the near spawn point assets obviously sould favour the spawn side. As for the concrete actions I would notice that group of the builsdings marked yellow that clumber the spawn while provide almost no use for spawn side as I see it and that house that have so politley inviting ladder on the roof to spawncamp (should be turned in favour of the spawners at least)...

NSP-02-03.png

That camping near the bridge is what I was referring too in the earlier version of the map. I saw you've opened ONE window in the closest brick building and that's good but... I'd really like to see some more opens here. For example there is  drastic need of the first floor opening since that forest (where I'm standing) is so fruitfull place to camp right now.

NSP-02-02.png

As for spawn camping reducement: pls, less foilage in the woods. Might help.

That's all for now. Cheers.

3 hours ago, Xanotos said:

-encounter map

-double cap point....

-reto logic.

- ask for the second objective

- hate it when recieved

- haters logic

Edited

Xanotos    664
15 minutes ago, Akinaba said:

- ask for the second objective

- hate it when recieved

- haters logic

i never asked for this lmao ,even if it improves the gameplay change the name encounter atleast have some consistency...

5 hours ago, Xanotos said:

-encounter map

-double cap point....

-reto logic.

Hi Xanotos,

We are just testing different options.

Next update we will try something new.

5 hours ago, PrivateMarkosL said:

All the other parts are good and i love the new recoil.

Thanks for the feedback,

The black color you see is LOD objects without textures assigned yet.

This should be fixed in the next build.