Reto.McFly

Help test the Krepost Encounter map on prototype

Reto.McFly    844

Bomb_buddies.jpg 

We need your help to test the upcoming Krepost Encounter map! We are looking for your feedback on how to improve the gameplay and what you think of the overall flow of the Krepost Encounter. Let us know if you find issues that break the gameplay. For example are there places on the map where you are able to squeeze through (or shoot through) where it does not feel intended. Be aware that the map is still in an early state and a "work in progress" so everything is subject to change - especially the visuals. Almost all surface textures are placeholders at the moment, and are going to look vastly different when the map is finalized – to be honest the map is not all that pretty to look at right now. So please disregard the pure visuals – we do not need feedback on the visuals.

Known Issues

• The water in the moat is invisible
  • There are missing/white textures several places on the map.
  • There are placeholder textures (like the brick textures on the fortress itself)
  • Various shader-issues
  • Visual gaps in walls, roofs, ceilings and such
  • Map is not optimized, so it might run at a lower framerate than what you are used to

WHAT ARE WE TESTING AND WHY?

We are testing the gameplay flow on the new encounter map named 'Krepost', situated in the marshlands of Eastern Europe. So jump in and play the map, play to win battles. In addition to the map this prototype test also includes a new set of precision aim recoil animations, ie. how your weapon behaves on screen when you shoot while aiming (hold right mouse).

How long will prototype be open?

We will keep prototype open over the weekend until Monday October 22nd at 1300 CEST.

HOW DO I JOIN?

In order to participate, you will have to download the Prototype client. You can download the client by clicking the link to

http://prototype.heroesandgenerals.com

Download and install the client as indicated. You will have more than enough Gold for testing purposes and grabbing the vehicles you want to play with! Please note that any gold, credits or warfunds are not transferred to the Live servers. What you do on the prototype server stays on the prototype server.

FAQ

Q: How do I access the prototype server on Steam, Mail.Ru, or Hype?

A: Unfortunately, Prototype is only accessible through the standalone client. But you can use the same login, so you only need to download the stand-alone client.

Q: Can I play when I located outside Europe?

A: We have two different servers supporting prototype this time, one in Frankfurt, Germany like we normally have that gives good (or decent) ping for Europeans, Russians and most Americans, but we also have one running in Hong Kong so our Australian and Asian players should have a chance to play as well.

Q: Why is the downloading of the client progressing so slow?

A: During the initial opening of the server, there is a heavy load on download centers.

Q: What should I do if I encounter a crash?

A: If you experience crashes you should send the crash report right away!

Q: Does this impact my normal game?

A: No, You have a separate amount of credits, gold & warfunds as well as separate characters, weapons, vehicles etc. on the prototype server!

Q: Do I get the Gold, Warfunds and Credits back in the normal game?

A: No, the free stuff stays on the prototype server.

Q: Am I allowed to have fun?

A: YES! While this is a test it is also a game, so go have some fun! Check out other vehicles, factions and careers from what you normally play.

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2018/10/help-test-the-krepost-encounter-map-on-prototype/

WarDaemon    1,186

Very first impression, subject to adjustment as I experience it....

I like the complexity of the building, should make for interesting CQC action, though I think an aggressive start will leave the place very hard to take for anyone slow off the gun.

Is the green part of the roof meant to be not part of the cap zone, because it currently is not.

Also, when you step forward into (at least some, I didn't test them all) the firing slits (I want to call them arrow slits, but, probably not many of those coming out these days) you leave the cap zone. Is that on purpose or accident?

Ivanqff    625

You dont seem to care about the criticism from the playerbase and suggestions/fixes for the 1.12 update.. Can you give one good reason why the same players actually should test this map and give feedback again? Since the common view of Reto and H&G at the moment is that you dont care about the player opinions and have set your own path in what direction the game should be.

Reto.muerteh    53
53 minutes ago, WarDaemon said:

Also, when you step forward into (at least some, I didn't test them all) the firing slits (I want to call them arrow slits, but, probably not many of those coming out these days) you leave the cap zone. Is that on purpose or accident?

@WarDaemon It sounds unintended, i will check up on that. Thanks for letting us know!

12 minutes ago, Ivanqff said:

You dont seem to care about the criticism from the playerbase and suggestions/fixes for the 1.12 update.. Can you give one good reason why the same players actually should test this map and give feedback again? Since the common view of Reto and H&G at the moment is that you dont care about the player opinions and have set your own path in what direction the game should be.

@Ivanqff I'm sorry that you feel that way but frankly it couldn't be further from the truth. I was part of the QA process of the 1.2 update and i can assure you that most of the changes we made between it was first shown to the public and the final release were primarily based upon player feedback. Again, i'm sorry that you feel like you haven't been heard, we always do our best to take player feedback into account. Obviously, that is the main purpose of a test like this.

Darky23    7

The map : i like the new buildings, maps on wall, lights ... but inside it looks empty, you can add more props in all rooms. the middle of the map need some changes because it looks like no one want to fight at this place , it is too open... concerning the recoil system, it is cool, clearly better but looks lagging when we are using a scope on the AVS 36 for exemple. i don't if it is a bug but you removed the flash of the .50 and that is a good think because we can't shoot with the sight (pls add an ammo box or an ammo belt). no water in the river by the way, but i know you noticed it in general i have seen new stuff like a new lighting system and it will be cool to have this in others maps like city map, on the past in night battles you added floor lamp in the city and it was great. and you know the group of house near the point (at your right)  need more interresting features because no one will play it.

that's it 

and yes for the 1.12, it is cool but i think, it need to take less time to destroy a tank, just increase a little bit the damage of all types. 

Reto.muerteh    53
16 minutes ago, Darky23 said:

but inside it looks empty, you can add more props in all rooms

@Darky23

Actually, this is one of the things we're currently working on. At least we will add some placeholder furniture to make the rooms more interesting. Notice that these will, in the first iteration, be temporary props without textures, though. First we need to optimize the gameplay - then we will fiddle with the visuals 🙂

16 minutes ago, Darky23 said:

and yes for the 1.12, it is cool but i think, it need to take less time to destroy a tank, just increase a little bit the damage of all types. 

We're still tweaking the 1.2 update and we're always listening to feedback. However, this thread is purely for topics related to the new map, so please post your thoughts in one of the 1.2 related threads... That way the right people will read it :) 

Reto.Robotron3000    1,118
1 hour ago, Ivanqff said:

FYI I split this into a separate topic here, and I'll answer there..

Gobblesx    102

I love the new recoil animations, it makes the carbine much better and closer to what it was before the huge nerf.

Junell    128

Just played a game. Got spawncamped hard.

Edited

mitron43    155

I personally LOVE the new recoil system,. the map itself should really have two more capture points and moved up to the SKIRMISH level as it is large enough to do so now. the spawn camping is bad currently.

Edited
ENLIGHTENMENT

AndreasIV666    47

First look is good.

Spawncamping may be an issue in games without apc. Here comes the tactic to win the battle.

bocaz    682

I''m temped, seems like a good indoor but also seems to need a bigger group of people so:

let me know in the live today if you wanna tag along for trying this map around 23 CET

./tell bocaz

creo que deberia haber un movimiento de parte del propio mapa, que dentro del mapa hallan cosas que se muevan por si solas como una fabrica que hay produccion las cosas se muevan por si solas , o tambien que aigan bombardeos aleatorios por que en si es una guerra , es mi opinion gracias

greg890    1

Hey im experiencing a bug when i join the battle and when it goes to map it freezes and i have to restart the game and sometimes i have a black screen. And great map by the way i love it

Reto.Millan    252
1 hour ago, mitron43 said:

I personally hate the new recoil system, and with it RETO will have to do a TON of work re-balancing all of the weapons.

The recoil functionality stays the same, only the animation has changed.

Cheers!

d|ng    3,216
2 hours ago, Gobblesx said:

I love the new recoil animations, it makes the carbine much better and closer to what it was before the huge nerf.

yep, anything that increases visibility while firing weapons without a scope is very much welcome!

GaiusBaltar    3,613

I already have the test client installed, just depends on if the server is up by the time i get home from work. As always, I will report bugs I decide are game breaking, other features Reto accidentally introduces could be useful to me if so will be up to you guys to find. I already found a big one on the main 1.12 patch, how does infinite airplane carpet bombing sound? hahah.