Reto.Robotron3000

Help crush a bug and win!

Reto.Robotron3000    1,118

We have opened the Prototype Server with a hotfix for 1.12.
The main fix is an annoying bug that required some players to join an action game TWICE before it would launch properly. There is a complete changelog below.

We need you to log in on our Prototype Server and play like you normally would.

If you encounter a crash, you should send the crash report and if you encounter other issues, please post them in the Feedback topic.

Be aware that we may need to apply hotfixes to the Prototype Server during the test. So if the server is down, don't despair, it will come back online shortly.

HOTFIX CHANGES

General

• The "rejoin" bug where you are unable to launch the action game and have to press 'Rejoin' to get in.
  • Action server crash fix
  • Crash fix
  • On bulletin screen, the changelog now has a label identifying it as "CHANGELOG"

UI

• Added hint that you can skip "commencing field maintenance" by pressing space

Armor and Damage

• Windscreens no longer block bullets. They will still block blast and grenades. Thank you to those who reported!
  • Armor component messages are now combined if you have multiple messages within 3 seconds. Armor Damage messages are combined into one, Component Damage are combined into one and Components Detroyed are also combined into one. Thank you to those who reported!
  • Vehicle component damage to vehicle hitpoints is now normalized, so the maximum hitpoints the vehicle can lose from one component type is based on the max from one. E.g. if a vehicle has 2 ammo compartments (one that can transfer 1000 dmg and another that can transfer 500 damage), then the total they can transfer is 1000 where the large one can transfer 666 and 333 for the small one.
  • "Destroyed gun breech, now reduces rate of fire and reload speed. Detroyed barrel, now reduces muzzle velocity and increases cone fire"

Sound

• Fixed a bug where the audio effect of sitting inside a vehicle could be stuck on after exiting

Balancing

• Assault - capture to neutral is now faster
  • Moved tanker wrench from lvl 5 to lvl 2
  • Re-arranged tanker combatbadges to favour mechanic badge
  • SMG now unlocks adjusted down
  • Moved tier 2 light tanks to lvl 1
  • Death camera tweak and suicide key option disabled.
  • No effects and explosion damage in ghost mode

WIN PRIZES!

All who plays at least one battle on Prototype before 09:00 CEST Wednesday the 10th of October, will participate in a prize draw with cool prizes such as a H&G branded Zippo-lighter, a H&G hoodie, a H&G t-shirt, a H&G Medic bag, Gold and Veteran Membership. The more who plays on Prototype, the more prizes we will give.

HOW DO I JOIN?

In order to participate, you will have to download the Prototype client.
You can download the client by clicking the link to http://prototype.heroesandgenerals.com
Download and install the client as indicated.

You will have more than enough Gold for testing purposes and grabbing the vehicles you want to play with! Please note that any gold, credits or warfunds are not transferred to the Live servers. What you do on the prototype server stays on the prototype server.

FAQ

Q: How do I access the prototype server on Steam, Mail.Ru, or Hype?
A: Unfortunately, Prototype is only accessible through the standalone client. But you can use the same login, so you only need to download the stand-alone client.

Q: Can I play when I located outside Europe?
A: We have two different servers supporting prototype this time, one in Frankfurt, Germany like we normally have that gives good (or decent) ping for Europeans, Russians and most Americans, but we also have one running in Hong Kong so our Australian and Asian players should have a chance to play as well.

Q: Why is the downloading of the client progressing so slow?
A: During the initial opening of the server, there is a heavy load on download centers.

Q: What should I do if I encounter a crash?
A: If you experience crashes you should send the crash report right away!

Q: Does this impact my normal game?
A: No, You have a separate amount of credits, gold & warfunds as well as separate characters, weapons, vehicles etc. on the prototype server!

Q: Do I get the Gold, Warfunds and Credits back in the normal game?
A: No, the free stuff stays on the prototype server.

Q: Am I allowed to have fun?
A: YES! While this is a test it is also a game, so go have some fun! Check out other vehicles, factions and careers from what you normally play.

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2018/10/2671074/

Quinnn31415    67
7 minutes ago, Reto.Robotron3000 said:

WIN PRIZES!

Were winners from the last 2 prototype testing events already annaunced? B|:D

33 minutes ago, Quinnn31415 said:

Were winners from the last 2 prototype testing events already annaunced? B|:D

They were contacted directly by support. We'll do a followup to those who did not yet reply.

Xanotos    664
11 minutes ago, Reto.Robotron3000 said:

They were contacted directly by support. We'll do a followup to those who did not yet reply.

It would be nice that the names would be announced like the first one to prevent confusion.

Or is it naming and shaming also? :P

57 minutes ago, Reto.Robotron3000 said:

Windscreens no longer block bullets. They will still block blast and grenades. Thank you to those who reported!

Will kubelwagen also gets its front windscreen too now?

Also bullet proof/armored glass for planes would be good (historically accurate values for protection would be nice but if possible protection for small caliber guns is ok too )

Gekk0420    12
1 hour ago, Reto.Robotron3000 said:

If you encounter a crash, you should send the crash report and if you encounter other issues not related to sound, please post them in the Feedback topic.

Even thogh you didn't make changes to sounds? It's unplayable for me at this point. Makes my head hurt.

Tumult_inc    348

I think the faster capturing to neutral might be a little too fast. Just one guy can cap it really quick.

When you are capturing you get the following message, both when neutralising and final capturing. Something with "statCategory/hudGroup":

57qh6yT.jpg

sniperturko    6

Hello everyone,

I played many battles in prototype.

Firstly,

Please adjust the deploy timers, playing infantry is so hard against spawn camping, repair costs and high deploying times. Think about new players who have 1 inf soldier , he/she farmed his soldier to get highest equipment in a long period. Waiting endlessly , that is not encouraging new players to play.

Here are the my observations and suggestions:

After first match in prototype there are some bugs/glitches are remaining from live servers.

Glitch on bridge AA , forward airfield map at o2, you cant pass trough because invisible thing is not allowing you to pass.This glitch has occured after 1.12 update.

Screenshot for this issue: https://ibb.co/eXjrop

Sound:

Some enemy shots are missing or too quite to hear/locate enemy location.

Oddly named xp messages:

Statshud messages for capturing or popping up due to squad order xp, para xp etc.  

I assume that is not a finished work.

Performance,Fps drops:

After 1.12 update i encountered with huge gap of fps between previous version in live servers.Fps drops are really irritating.Somehow prototype server is okay for that performance problem. Too many players noticed,posted  that issue in forums as i observed. "Game performance needs  tweak and optimization" . (for range of low end to high end pcs )  Whenever i look to main objectives or come closer to them frame rate massively drops. Because Gpu usage decreases somehow.

Aiming  with mounted mgs on vehicles:

It is still zooming and exiting immediately. Cant hold the aim properly.

Flying:

Hit registry issue, I was flying with Me 109 E-4 plane some of my shots(AP shells and mg rounds) werent registered on enemy aircrafts.( at 60 ping)

Please make the Bomb (HE) explosions louder like in old sound system for planes.Now they re like puff , quite and sometimes explosions don't appear.

After plane crashes pilots mostly were not able to open their chute. They were just falling from sky. This happens randomly.

I hope you to fix those issues soon. :)

Bridge Glitch Match id:

VerifyBattlEyeFiles (hng.exe running 0) BEService_hng.exe exists 1 BeSigOk 1 ; BEDaisy.sys exists 0 BeSigOk 0 MsSigOk 0 ; hng_BE.exe exists 1 BeSigOk 1 ; BattlEyeService not_running
/M 7826806480024932414 /P 130702754002411371 /W 54.77.113.20:15130 /lang en /NOSERVER  /H 0 /PS 837458937046279334 /V 151617 /R "ircserver=54.154.213.220:6680"  /R "chatp=837458937046279334::AfjjDmfLOpAkSpDaqaSI2p2tUtk"  /R "sync.delayShow=1"  /R "actionhost=18.195.76.184:16641"  /R "useDX12=1"  /R "render.enable_pbr=0" 

Flying experiment match id:

VerifyBattlEyeFiles (hng.exe running 0) BEService_hng.exe exists 1 BeSigOk 1 ; BEDaisy.sys exists 0 BeSigOk 0 MsSigOk 0 ; hng_BE.exe exists 1 BeSigOk 1 ; BattlEyeService not_running
/M 7747094692266405899 /P 5304833044509803989 /W 54.77.113.20:15170 /lang en /NOSERVER  /H 0 /PS 856438252773518194 /V 151617 /R "ircserver=54.154.213.220:6680"  /R "chatp=856438252773518194::ItTX3lIUk0HgbU2c6ZI+0zZK3is"  /R "sync.delayShow=1"  /R "actionhost=18.195.76.184:16611"  /R "useDX12=1"  /R "render.enable_pbr=0" 

Edited

MiliBrat    100
1 hour ago, Reto.Robotron3000 said:

Sound

• Fixed a bug where the audio effect of sitting inside a vehicle could be stuck on after exiting

1 minute ago, sniperturko said:

Sound:

Some enemy shots are missing or too quite to hear/locate enemy location.

1 hour ago, Gekk0420 said:

Even thogh you didn't make changes to sounds? It's unplayable for me at this point. Makes my head hurt.

Updated - that's what I get when I cut and paste too much 😉  

2 hours ago, Reto.Robotron3000 said:
  • "Destroyed gun breech, now reduces rate of fire and reload speed. Detroyed barrel, now reduces muzzle velocity and increases cone fire"

can you adleast adjust the spawn time of those tanks that get buffed by this?

got a "statcategory/hudGroup/16"  as successfully capture message

and a "statcategory/hudGroup/17" while defending a capture point..

and a "statcategory/hudGroup/96" while defending a capture point..

on a german speaking client..

Edited

RedComm    107

Optimization? Still having massive frame drops, earlier I could easily run on medium graphics, now even low is too much.

AndreasIV666    47

First game, main test on driving the Kubel.

It still can't climb the muddy little hill through the river on airfield when going from D3 to D2.

You have to turn the Kubel backwards to climb out of the river on the road.

Speed in the field is still a little too slow, road speed is good. No sound problems on this car.

Second game, again rejoin bug.

Edited

SirBanHammer    126
3 hours ago, Reto.Robotron3000 said:

Windscreens no longer block bullets.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 

I liked so much that feature

Ivanqff    625

Any ETA or information of other issues that are gonna get hotfixed/patched/looked at but didnt make it this time? 🙂 @Reto.Robotron3000

Edited

Algenhirn    22

Tank field maintenance is still too high. Maybe adjust it down by 20%. Then a Tiger 2 would have 2:40s instead of the 3:20s right now because thats just insane if you have He and APCR on the tank it takes basically the whole 4 min. The time for the ammo is good because its so powerful.

But i dont like spawning a Luchs, dieing and still have to wait 30 seconds till I can respawn and it is not even useful to spawn another cheaper tank because even if you survive long enough to get your field maintenance back to zero, you still cant spawn another Luchs.

Also maybe add a mechanic to undeploy vehicles with you. If havent taken any damage by the enemy yet you can undeploy your tank with you if you deployed the wrong tank.

And terrain vehicles and motorcycles should have the same thing but not with no restrictions except for Komsomolez. Planes have to be landed and fully repaired to undeploy them.

There should also be a possibility to repair armor for tanks. Maybe you have t go back into you spawn again to repair the armor. That means if you are at O1 on Mountain Town and your spawns are at C1 and B1 you have to drive all the way back there to repair the armor.

WarDaemon    1,186

Just a bit of feedback;

I think the faster cap may be OK for attackers, but not defenders.

(maybe 1/2 to 3/4 as much increase as now for attackers, no increase for defenders)

That way the attacker disadvantage from slower vehicles will be offset a bit. It feels like defenders have it too easy right now IMHO.

Atway    334

1.13 UPDATE:

We decided to get rid of infantry due to its useless! Now tanks and planes only!

well, now you have to put ~6-100500 H3`s to destroy a single tank? It is sooo funny especially when there are like 8 tankers in the opposite team.

Kinda strange changes when there is no tanks and their HEs limit. 

Edited

WarDaemon    1,186
16 minutes ago, Atway said:

1.13 UPDATE:

We decided to get rid of infantry due to its useless! Now tanks and planes only!

well, now you have to put ~6-100500 H3`s to destroy a single tank? It is sooo funny especially when there are like 8 tankers in the opposite team.

Kinda strange changes when there is no tanks and their HEs limit. 

I sense some salt. I feel it too. I feel like before tanks were a feature class of an infantry game, now infantry are a feature class of a tank game. Hopefully the balance will get tweaked a bit.