Reto.McFly

Play the soldier you want to play

Reto.McFly    844

With the release of the ‘Deploy! Drive! Destroy!-update we are introducing a new and more flexible Deploy System making it easier to setup a squad with your friends and to play the soldier you want to play in battle.

Setting up a squad with your friends is now as easy as choosing one of your soldiers and inviting your friends to join you in an infantry, tank, recon, pilot or paratrooper squad of two to four players. The size of the squad depends on its type.

Or you can simply press “To Battle!” and enter into the combat as part of a squad composed of random players.

No matter if you setup a squad beforehand or enter the battle at random, when you are in combat you have the freedom to deploy with any of your soldiers regardless of the type of squad you are in.

War requires resources

You always enter the battle as part of an infantry, tank, recon, pilot or paratrooper squad, but as mentioned the new deploy system gives you the freedom to deploy as any type of soldier once you are in combat. If the necessary resources are available that is.

This means that you still can’t deploy as a paratrooper or pilot in a Skirmish Battle as the game mode does not support these soldier types. Neither can you deploy as for example a pilot in an Assault Battle if there are no pilot resources available for that battle.

Finally your initial choice of squad also ties together with the available resources. You might have entered as a pilot squad, chosen to spend most of the combat deploying your tank crew, but if pilot resources runs out your squad is still removed from the battle.

War requires experience

The new deploy system in Update 1.12 removes the old auxiliary seat feature and instead operates with fixed squad sizes with up to four players in an infantry and paratrooper squad, three players in a tank crew squad and two players in a pilot or recon squad.

We are aware that some players want to coordinate more than “just” four players To this end we are working on a squad linking system, that will enable you to link two different squad in order to enter battles together. We hope to release this system soon.

Removing the auxiliary seat feature also means that Squad Upgrade Points unlocked on the Squad Leader and -Member ribbon are no longer used to modify your squad.

Instead Squad Upgrade Points now give everyone in the squad an additional 0,5% of the XP earned by other members of the squad – that is a significant bonus for a squad of soldiers who has maxed out those two ribbons.

War requires vehicles

The new deploy system also gives you complete freedom when choosing what vehicles your soldiers should bring into combat. You are no longer restricted by the vehicle categories previously forcing you to only equip one of each type.

If you want your tank crewman to bring three light tanks and a tank destroyer to the frontline, or for your infantry soldier to have access to all three support vehicles during battle – just go right ahead and make the loadout that fits your playstyle.

War requires maintenance

It takes time to prepare equipment, weapons and vehicles for combat, something that the new deploy system convey through the concepts of equipment- and vehicle field maintenance load.

Basically what happens every time you lose equipment and vehicles in battle is that you put “load” on the “imaginary crew” working to get you gear ready, and as a rule of thumb the bigger and more deadly gear you lost, the more “load” you are generating. This has an impact on what you are able to deploy with.

Simply put it takes a while to get for example your next heavy tank ready for use if you just lost one in combat. You can then choose either to wait, deploy a lighter tank. deploy as a support gunner or maybe even deploy as infantry while you wait for your heavy tank to be ready once more.

You can watch the Update 1.12 Highlight about the Deploy System below:

https://youtu.be/R8vmlj3RVQI

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2018/10/play-the-soldier-you-want-to-play/

Making all noobs join whatever they want... Now having 8 pilotes + 8 tankers + 5 recons in the same game... makes better experience :) 

Great Job Reto, how to loved up the entire game.

Honestly Squad was a very good way to limit the abuse class... 

Games last not longer than 8mn now.

Misamor    7

Maybe you guys at RETO should put a hard limit to the number of tankers and fighter pilots, etc... To prevent spam, since neither squad 2.0 and the vehicle update seem efficient

Caboose05    966
28 minutes ago, Misamor said:

Maybe you guys at RETO should put a hard limit to the number of tankers and fighter pilots, etc... To prevent spam, since neither squad 2.0 and the vehicle update seem efficient

i just wonder how they couldn't foresee this happening?, its like creating the weather and then complaining about rain... 

then again im not complaining im still hoping to find myself a plane only battle that doesnt lag like crazy. 

sfscriv    1,384
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:20 AM, Reto.McFly said:

The new deploy system in Update 1.12 removes the old auxiliary seat feature and instead operates with fixed squad sizes with: 

- up to 4 players in an infantry and paratrooper squad

- 3 players in a tank crew squad

- 2 players in a pilot or recon squad.

We are aware that some players want to coordinate more than “just” four players To this end we are working on a squad linking system, that will enable you to link two different squad in order to enter battles together. We hope to release this system soon.

Written back in AUG 2016 - Should there be Fire Teams within the H&G Squad?

Actually written back in 2011 - A Copy of What I wrote from 2011

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 10:25 PM, sfscriv said:

How players are organized depends on how the feature is implemented and the community participating in the game.  Of course, the number of players in a squad will depend on the map player capacity. 

8manSquad.png

===============

11 hours ago, freemanolimit said:

Making all noobs join whatever they want... Now having 8 pilotes + 8 tankers + 5 recons in the same game... makes better experience :) 

Great Job Reto, how to loved up the entire game.

Honestly Squad was a very good way to limit the abuse class... 

Games last not longer than 8mn now.

11 hours ago, Misamor said:

10 hours ago, Caboose05 said:

i just wonder how they couldn't foresee this happening?, its like creating the weather and then complaining about rain... 

There are two actions that can be taken to improve the imbalance of specialized soldier types.  This first recommendation will assist in one Faction not having a lot more of a specific soldier type.

Floating Fixed Limits for Specialized Soldier Types

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 8:22 PM, sfscriv said:

Maximum number of specialized soldier types equal for all factions for all action battles.  Once the limit is met, extra specialized soldiers could be spawned by one or both factions.  The numbers can not be exceeded by any one faction, but both factions can continue to press more specialized soldiers into action so long both factions decide to escalate and the extras listed below are not exceeded.
- Recon - 2 more than the other faction
- Armor - 2 more than the other faction
- Pilot - 1 more than the other faction

This next one will have a similar impact on the player base for specialized soldiers.  Just like when the 'Tank Only' maps are released.  There will be fewer tanks in the regular Action Battles because they will be pulled away to fight other tanks on the tank only maps.  This next recommendation is pulling away pilots from attacking ground targets as frequently.

Pilot Activities - Growing the Air/Ground Force Balance

Pilot_Training_Map.png

Pilot Training Map and more...

Edited

{BA}Wolf    10

I like what you did on the deploy system, yes, it is true that noobs often take something like pilot or tanker just to farm points, but there are also good sides of this change, it really tips the balance of fight, especally in WAR matches :D 

Doomvortex    40
1 hour ago, SirBanHammer said:

Drink Light Beer or Dark Beer. So hard to decide

dark beer, no better option,

on a serious....ish note, I see no problemn with the new update, just because you can play any character does not meaan no one wants to play inf, there are lots of people who play inf given the choice, sure people abuse it but so far I have not encountered any problems in people all being tankers, either way it is funner to play game when you give yourself goals and not worry about the other players,

For example, if you are getting wreck one way think, and I mean THINK strategecily don't keep throwing yourself at the blender and blaming the game for being crappy, flank, go around, develop personal strategies, or get on a discord channel and team up with some one, this past weekend I ahd great fun as para with a friend, we kept jumping and covering each others backs(mainly on 01 khutor since he got stuck in a tree but still) really fun to play with someone over voice chat.

Simon3370    0

Hey H&G Admin sry aber dass Update hab ihr richtig schlecht ausgearbeitet die Gerausche die Panzer  sind einfach unzerstörbar und dass das auto lauter als Panzer ist ist nicht normal  

18 hours ago, Simon3370 said:

Hey H&G Admin sry aber dass Update hab ihr richtig schlecht ausgearbeitet die Gerausche die Panzer  sind einfach unzerstörbar und dass das auto lauter als Panzer ist ist nicht normal  

Hellkitty bei 100% nach drei HHL down. Versuch mal, nicht die Front zu treffen.

17 hours ago, OmG-LuxDemoNz said:

If theres more tanks right now.. Panzer anti-tank (should) could need less points.

Ehm no. More tanks means that your Team will have more tanks too. 

Moreover I have to wait 2 hours for Tier 3 tanks meanwhile At weapons have the same time like nades or a BA rifle.

Sturmfliege    88

freedom of choice means that ppl will spawn what they like to spawn - like in the old days, we are back to them. Complaining about is bias, RETO cant give you that one thing without the other. It's still the same story - randoms like to P L A Y and often sothey dont learn to W I N. ;) I only see that ppl that earned themselves the first blood will now leave the staged part of H&G and after all those do-what-you-like-and-spawn-for-fun matches they will clash with the war community. I think plane matches should be placed on air2air maps (please no bots) and on the intense INF maps there should be a unit limit to planes. 

Stinknatter    1

Hey guys!

I realy like the realism in the new update and it feels like developers put a lot of effort in it. Some bugs need to be fixed for sure but all in all it´s a nice new gameplay!

So there is something, wich realy drives my crazy: I love to play my own tank ATs. so I search for nice battles against enemy tanks, I send my tanks, queue in battle and wait it to start ( preparing all in all up to 2hour+) What happens is, battle starts and I have to watch how noobs waste one tiger after the other for just nothing! It makes me freak out totally! maybe I play this game the wrong way, but this is how I think ATs should be played. My hope is a locking system, where I can block my ATs getting spawned/wasted as I am in the same battle. otherwise there is no reason for my to waste my warfunds over and over again. As this happens very frequent, the pulling back system is not satysfying. There should be a way to stop single player from wasting a hole tank AT!

Also I think that noobs playing scores like 3/36 (that happens often...) in warmode should get a big debt in cash after the round. war mode is called "elite mode" and I think it should keep non elite pple from playing it! when you are out of money and you can´t spawn anymore you should be forced to go back to staged for getting new cash and (most of all) get some skill!!

FTG_Bayonetta    282

Seems like squad 2.0 was like removed in armor 2.0. Or least the features that made Squad 2.0 are gone. Squad 2.0 was a failure. Armor 2.0 is a success. I'm so glad those loving Aux seats are removed. I was sick of being put in Generic squad 2/3/4 etc with a rank 4 infantry and nothing to select. Even if i queued up as my own dude.

Sturmfliege    88
On 10/9/2018 at 5:12 PM, Stinknatter said:

So there is something, wich realy drives my crazy: I love to play my own tank ATs. so I search for nice battles against enemy tanks, I send my tanks, queue in battle and wait it to start ( preparing all in all up to 2hour+) What happens is, battle starts and I have to watch how noobs waste one tiger after the other for just nothing! It makes me freak out totally! maybe I play this game the wrong way, but this is how I think ATs should be played. My hope is a locking system, where I can block my ATs getting spawned/wasted as I am in the same battle. otherwise there is no reason for my to waste my warfunds over and over again. As this happens very frequent, the pulling back system is not satysfying. There should be a way to stop single player from wasting a hole tank AT!

Also I think that noobs playing scores like 3/36 (that happens often...) in warmode should get a big debt in cash after the round. war mode is called "elite mode" and I think it should keep non elite pple from playing it! when you are out of money and you can´t spawn anymore you should be forced to go back to staged for getting new cash and (most of all) get some skill!!

I suggested it a few times: let ppl pay for the stuff the use. Pay to the one who provides them, so every spawn is a little investment where you may win or loose WF. If ppl are willing to pay to play, if they like to waste something: OK, but dont let players become paymaster who brought the ATs to the match. But it seems like there are no supporters arround for that idea.  By the way - I dont spawn tanks or planes or paras anymore. I am spawning 12000 men, guards-ATs only of course, to keep it cheap even if AR strikes in the east.

gpilger66    114

I have a bad feeling about this update...and I see that many hardcore vets kinda feel the same way....🙄

The essence of this game was/is about capturing or defending the objectives.......tanks and planes are nice things to have but totally useless for that purpose, unless you are a noob tanker who drives his tank to O1 jumps out and caps the point with his OP wrench...🙄 (note the sarcasm smiley)

In my humble opinion...this update...No bueno...

Patton1995    452

2 things I would like to see:

1. Lower the price of the rocket launchers.

2. Bring back panzerfausts as equipable AT weapon. And make it available to all faction infantry 

Stinknatter    1

Just got raped in Panther by these weird speeding  M2A2 tanks... wtf who was in charge for releasing the update in this shi**y state??? I need 15 shots for a light tank? I am done with the game for the moment

normal game became prototype now....

Edited