Forums closed, discord our new home! Read more... ×
Heroes & Generals

MrSimh    57

I think "M1/M2" its for RETO the modified M1.

Something like this :

M2: assault rifle version of the M1 with modified mechanics allowing semi-automatic or 
automatic firing at a rate of 750 rounds per minute. The charger used with the M2 is larger,
30 shots and curved shape, which could also be mounted on the M1 and M1A1. The M2 was produced from 
April 1945 to about 500,000 copies. To these are added many M1 transformed into M2 after 1945 thanks 
to the T17 conversion kit. The M2 does not appear to have been used during the Second World War, but was 
fired during the Korean War by the Americans, and then by the Vietnam War, both by the Americans
 (before the appearance of the M16) and by the Americans. South Vietnamese. M2 rifles 
may include a hand-held metal handguard to cool the barrel of the weapon during automatic firing.

But yes, its use is questionable... I think there are many subject on this forum about that

Edited

On 8/19/2018 at 5:23 AM, MrSimh said:

I think "M1/M2" its for RETO the modified M1.

Something like this :

M2: assault rifle version of the M1 with modified mechanics allowing semi-automatic or 
automatic firing at a rate of 750 rounds per minute. The charger used with the M2 is larger,
30 shots and curved shape, which could also be mounted on the M1 and M1A1. The M2 was produced from 
April 1945 to about 500,000 copies. To these are added many M1 transformed into M2 after 1945 thanks 
to the T17 conversion kit. The M2 does not appear to have been used during the Second World War, but was 
fired during the Korean War by the Americans, and then by the Vietnam War, both by the Americans
 (before the appearance of the M16) and by the Americans. South Vietnamese. M2 rifles 
may include a hand-held metal handguard to cool the barrel of the weapon during automatic firing.

But yes, its use is questionable... I think there are many subject on this forum about that

The problem is, that even if it is a modified M1 Carbine, then it's redesignated a M2 Carbine. "M1/M2 Carbine" is a completely fictional designation, even if it is a converted M1 Carbine.

Edited

MrSimh    57
On 12/5/2018 at 12:41 PM, ShinShin_UA said:

I did rename it by myself 😀

Well, no a bad idea 😀

Jøhnson    15

The M1 Carbine was the most common US infantry carbine in all branches (Ofc M1A1 for some too)

The M2 was a very late war, separate gun. It was externally very similar to the M1 Carbine but was internally of course quite different.

There were some kits supplied at the end of the war too, I would assume they were rarer still than M2 Carbine issues - These would change the interior of the M1 to become a fully automatic M2.

The "M1/M2" designation did not exist, as the kit would basically fully convert an M1 into an M2.

If we take a long, cupped spoon and bend it it becomes a ladle, not a spoon/ladle carbine

^summary of this post