_Finnish_Gamemaster_

Easter eggs on maps?

I though having easter eggs on maps would be quite cool, i'm aware there is (not sure is it still) a poster on a side of a garage that says "Reto Motors" or something like that.

Can you put easter eggs and/or inside jokes or something in the maps? :P @Reto.Desji

drhoops    2,319

They used to put out Christmas boxes with cool skins and stuff, but I didn't see that during this last Holiday season.

18 minutes ago, drhoops said:

They used to put out Christmas boxes with cool skins and stuff, but I didn't see that during this last Holiday season.

I know there were those crates that gave you weapons but it really wasn't an easter egg. 

Kmeto    718

Achievements would be nice too but I'm asking for them since 2016 :( 

atmarj    70
5 hours ago, _Finnish_Gamemaster_ said:

I though having easter eggs on maps would be quite cool, i'm aware there is (not sure is it still) a poster on a side of a garage that says "Reto Motors" or something like that.

Can you put easter eggs and/or inside jokes or something in the maps? :P @Reto.Desji

The poster along with gas pumps were removed from the garage you are referring to, which was on the mountain town map.

43 minutes ago, atmarj said:

The poster along with gas pumps were removed from the garage you are referring to, which was on the mountain town map.

It was on town too

Airplane50    36
12 hours ago, _Finnish_Gamemaster_ said:

I would love to see 10 crates/eggs in every map that would each hold 1 million credits.

3 hours ago, SilvaRodrigo said:

There is this clock in O1, mountain town. 

You are speaking of easter eggs like this one?

Ok, for one, that is not an Easter Egg. That is definitely @Reto.Desji trolling on the design of the map. And I thought that Reto wasn’t supposed to be trolling. 

Edited

Kilroy was here on some walls, 

Reto.Moto.inc on civi trucks,

RetoFarm on the farm 

REto.Motostation o ntrianstation

Axis supply trains 

11 minutes ago, Thisbirdisonfiya said:

RetoFarm on the farm 

Axis supply trains 

Where can you find those?

11 minutes ago, _Finnish_Gamemaster_ said:

ohh okay xD 

finnish_hopeditwasingameMaster

what did you expect, reto actually has easter eggs aside from a clock on 01 :P

Airplane50    36
On 1/11/2018 at 6:46 AM, Thisbirdisonfiya said:

RetoFarm on the farm 

Axis supply trains 

No on the new map Krepost, we should have @Reto.Desji WUZ HERE on some of the interior walls. (To designate that he was the map builder/planner and designer)

We need something to give him credit. Besides, he is the map designer, and can design whatever he wants? 

Edited

In one of the buildings on Factory, there is a map hanging on the wall that shows an outdated version of the Factory layout.

I think I found an Easter egg of some sort in one of the churches because I accidentally found a sign that appears to be in Russian that only appears if u look at it at a certain angle

Edited

RadicalEdward2    1,889
On 1/10/2018 at 10:06 AM, _Finnish_Gamemaster_ said:

There used to be teddy bears in the barracks on Airfield. Not sure if those are still there cause I haven't played in a while. Also, the paintings/framed pictures in some of the buildings in the game are actually old screenshots of the game from Alpha/Beta. The map spread seen on tables sometimes are actually outdated cause their old Beta versions of the maps their featured on.

On the map Crossroads or whatever the tank map is called, one of the deploy zones featured a large unique building from a cut tutorial game mode from the Beta build called First Blood.

6Q3vIy1.jpg

I'm an easter egg on Factory.

Behind the objective, there's a platform/foundation with a bunch of crates and piping on it and iron girders sticking out of it.

rKBJ54s.jpg

Its a reference to a building concept I posted ages ago that the former level designer, Reto.Desji, included as a nod to the fact that I never finished it or sent him the final design of.

In fact, the reason why there's the warehouse and tree planters (as a smoking break area) and the walled perimeter (albeit not finished) was my idea.

Spoiler

rI6MROe.jpg

tokE1g4.jpg

Fun fact: on one of the days leading up to the release of the major Factory update, I actually caught him playing the prototype and got to play two matches with him. He was in the office after hours cause he wanted to see what issues would pop up with the map while the prototype was still active.

The Airfield control tower is based on this miniature control tower model that you can probably find in a hobby shop if you look hard enough.

4ObINl0.jpg

Ffx5k3k.png

The only difference is that its missing the radio control room at the top and one room in the back left (next to the crate) was removed to make room for the stairwell leading to the upper floor and the bottom floor was pushed inward to add a catwalk look less awkward. There used to be a completely different model for the control toward but, I think any reference of it is considered lost media cause I can't find any pictures or footage of it.

Mountain Town's A-2 has a trench in front of it because the river originally was alongside it (with A-3 being opposite side of the river).

The trench exists as a "fix" for a problem they replaced with a new one.

UnsFG8i.jpg

a5jn5fX.png

Spoiler

zjpCq21.jpg

The siren/speaker things around Airfield and Town used to play German propaganda but, now play the old H&G theme to comply with EU laws about representation of "you know who".

There "used to be" camp sites around the map Hill complete with campfire pits and cooking equipment but, they were removed during the update to the Garman build of the game (the game's updates used to be named after figures in WW2). Again, I don't have any screenshots of it because I didn't think I would need to.

For one or two builds, Factory had a "destructible" bush that would become a prop with physics. It has super weird collision and rendering for the leaves on it. Because of the weird physics, players would hide behind it and push it from capture point to capture point like a mobile equivalent Halo 3's bubble shield. It was later removed and probably served as a test for how the destruction physics would work for the bocage/hedges on Crossroads.

Hill was originally going to have a windmill but, it was cut before the Garman update but the trail leading to its location can still be found if you look hard enough.

SyzEjel.jpg

This is more speculative but, Village (its not a village) might have inspired by the Van Gogh painting, Wheat Fields at Auvers with White House (1890)

dX1IU0B.jpg

This parallels with the view of the "Chateau" CP when viewed from the opposite CP

Village-Capture_C-Green-with-Logo.jpg

The notable details are the elevation of the wheat field, house, the tree in front of it, the shed/barn to the left, and the white and teal wall which is very distinct. The rolling hills behind (in front of the chateau) are noticeable depending on the angle you look at it from in-game.

Village-Capture_A-Green-with-Logo.jpg

Its a very specific reference but, being an art major, its something I kind of just notice from art history courses.

Also, here's that poster you mentioned:

ZQ3qCus.jpg

teosniper77    4
2 hours ago, RadicalEdward2 said:

I didn't realize until after the fact that this was an old post lol

Nonetheless, it was a nice read, the things that you posted now hahaha. And about that old house on First blood mission, is that supposed to be the spawnpoint on Luneville map or?