NEOPHYTOS

Comparison G43 and M1 Garand

Question

NEOPHYTOS    2

Why is M1 that much better than G43? Im talking about stability and rate of fire. While both rifles seem to have same damage and range, M1 Garand crearly is better in those two aspects. Is there any particular reason? I think G43, M1 Garand and STV40 should be more equal, that would bring fairness to the game. 

PD: STV40 I believe is even less stable than the G43. 

6 answers to this question

ValorousTF    275

Comparison of G43 and M1G:

• Mag Capacity: G43 has a greater mag capacity by 2 rounds.
  • Reload Time: M1G has a faster reload by 0.3 seconds.
  • Rate Of Fire: M1G has a faster ROF by 20 RPM.
  • Damage Pre-Falloff: M1G has a higher damage pre-falloff by 2 damage.
  • Damage Post-Falloff: G43 has a higher damage post-falloff by 9 damage.
  • Range before and after damage falloff: Identical range before falloff of 65 metres, G43 has a higher range until falloff ends by 10 metres.
  • Mod Availability: Both have identical mod choices, however G43 has access to a 4X scope whereas M1G has access to a 2.2X scope.
  • Recoil/Accuracy: (M1G left, G43 right)
  • csyb1X3.pngmNDHMqo.png

Conclusion:

The M1G is superior to the G43 in the following criteria:

• Faster reload speed.
  • Higher ROF.
  • Higher damage pre-falloff.
  • Better accuracy.
  • Better stability.
  • Access to short/medium range scope (This may be a disadvantage to some, but an advantage to others.)

The G43 is superior to the M1G in the following criteria:

• Bigger mag capacity.
  • Higher damage post-falloff.
  • G43 has access to a medium/long range scope (This may be a disadvantage to some, but an advantage to others.)

All sources are available at request.

Edited

Newbie_    152

Actually SVT is the best SA if we don't count the iron sight. 

And every one will tell you that the reason is the 4x optical  scope that G43 have.

Edited

NEOPHYTOS    2

STV is not better than the M1. 

I still dont think is fair. Because I much rather have the normal sight and the better weapon. 

drhoops    2,319

To me the three SA rifles all seem about the same.  Everyone says the recoil on the M1G is better, but if it is, I don't notice it much.

To me the 4X scope makes the G-43 superior.  If they made all scopes the same, then I really don't think there is enough difference between them to say one is better.

Gerrit.    1,052
On 8-1-2018 at 2:46 PM, NEOPHYTOS said:

Why is M1 that much better than G43? Im talking about stability and rate of fire. While both rifles seem to have same damage and range, M1 Garand crearly is better in those two aspects. Is there any particular reason? I think G43, M1 Garand and STV40 should be more equal, that would bring fairness to the game. 

PD: STV40 I believe is even less stable than the G43. 

Yes, the M1 is much better than the G43 if you're talking about stability and rate of fire. And if you were talking about range and amount of bullets, the G43 is much better than the M1.

Clearly you shouldn't look at just the weak aspects of the weapon when comparing it to other weapons, look at all the relevant stats.

All three SA rifles are relatively balanced. They do have differences, but these aren't big and every SA rifle has it's own strong and weak points, so stop complaining. Please.

Edited

Mr_JimWest    1

Thank you @ValorousTF I knew their was a reason I loved the Garand so much. I much prefer the iron-sights on it as well! I am firmly of the belief that, if I can see it, I can hit it with the Garand. :)