Hunter-Branwen

So the MP40...

After using the StG44 for some time, maxed out ribbon, and picking up MP40s, I feel like the StG could definitely use a buff. I'm not the best shooter, but it's sad to know that an MP40 can be a better and easier to use "assault rifle" than the first assault rifle to be made.

MP40 with DMW Fuchs, sights, full RoF is literally an almost recoilless carbine rifle that 4HKs everyone without HSG. And still accurate even out to 50 meters. Not as much damage and range as StG44, but the controllability and RoF make up for that. It's easy to use and great at the same time. The Maschinenpistole 40 just feels pretty damn good.

I don't need to take a time to control the recoil of the StG. I can just aim and fire until they're dead. The amount of skill required compared to using an StG is just ridiculous while the MP40 can fill a similar role as a "carbine rifle".

Sturmgewehr 44 could use a 50 more extra RPM, 2 extra damage, slightly better range, less recoil (but still more kick than a Thompson of course), and remove the silly accuracy drop of the bullet mod (despite it being called "Jägerpatrone").

ohmmykung    9
10 hours ago, Hunter-Branwen said:

I can just aim and fire until they're dead.

Unless they use "TTK machine" or have better RNG luck than you.

Edited
Grammar

2 hours ago, ohmmykung said:

Unless they use "TTK machine" or have better RNG luck than you.

I play both staged and War (mostly staged though) and while TTK is nice thing to have, it only matters if I can land all the hits on targets. So I prefer being able to control my gun and a comfortable sight picture over killing power. I hate getting killed just because of shirty sights or not being able to see my target, or jumpy recoil.

And I don't like the bulkiness of MGs either. The MP40 just suits my needs and skill (and playstyle). Not looking for a TTK machine, just something that I'm comfortable with. I'm mainly a support offensive character anyway. And I found myself playing tanker more lately or being close with tanks, so I need a gun that I can bring out fast, nice handling, and kills reliably. MP40 suits that need.

18 minutes ago, AdrianVictus said:

Stg is a grease gun bruh

It becomes apparent as I use the gun over time. Sad for such a mighty gun of WW2 :(

Edited

Neznan    1,709
14 hours ago, Hunter-Branwen said:

After using the StG44 for some time, maxed out ribbon, and picking up MP40s, I feel like the StG could definitely use a buff.

That is not because STG is bad, that is because MP40 is way too good for its class. 

Would prefere just to slightly nerf MP40 that peoples feels that STG is better gun. 

3 minutes ago, Neznan said:

That is not because STG is bad, that is because MP40 is way too good for its class. 

Would prefere just to slightly nerf MP40 that peoples feels that STG is better gun. 

*secretly doesn't want anything GE to be nerfed, because I'm a Wehraboo lite*

But yeah, I can agree that MP40 feels like one of the best guns in-game, best SMG by far. I don't like the sights on PPS-43 and its weird horizontal sway screws my aiming whenever I pick one up (I seem to do better with a PPsH though). Thompson is nice but limited in range and bullet velocity, and not as accurate and damaging as MP40.

Edited

AdrianVictus    950
6 minutes ago, Neznan said:

its a joke? because its a good one xD 

hoko90    368

I don't need to take a time to control the recoil of the StG.

You`d better get a test on the AVS.......... yeh man ...........there`s almost no recoil.......:D......... that`s why it goes upwards to the sky...., tell me more about the STG recoil........xD.

20 minutes ago, hoko90 said:

You`d better get a test on the AVS.......... yeh man ...........there`s almost no recoil.......:D......... that`s why it goes upwards to the sky...., tell me more about the STG recoil........xD.

At least the AVS kills fast and accurate. Don't like the 15-rounds magazine though.

Edited

hoko90    368
Just now, Hunter-Branwen said:

At least the AVS kills fast and accurate though.

Only if you

I don't need to take a time to control the recoil

ValorousTF    275

The STG is stupidly underpowered and the MP40 isn't anything special.

The STG needs more mods for decreasing ROF, Increasing damage to be a 3HK on HSG and an overall lower stability.

Mauser4    81

Mp40 is cool.  I have a char with just MP40.  Bullets only mod.  Running HS and Fast reload. 

Fun to play.

My medic also has an MP40.  Seems to be the thing that keeps him alive....

Geronimo553    626
On 12/17/2017 at 11:02 AM, ValorousTF said:

The STG needs more mods for decreasing ROF, Increasing damage to be a 3HK on HSG

precisely!!! 

Edited

Sjf0212    603

The MP40 is the most consistent SMG in the game and by far the most consistent weapon in the German arsenal.

It does it's job, and it does it well. I tell everyone that will listen to go for the MP40 instead of the STG. It's easier to unlock and more conpetitive.

2 hours ago, Sjf0212 said:

The MP40 is the most consistent SMG in the game and by far the most consistent weapon in the German arsenal.

It does it's job, and it does it well. I tell everyone that will listen to go for the MP40 instead of the STG. It's easier to unlock and more conpetitive.

Yeah, right... and easier to use too. And weirdly I can handle AVS-36's jumpy recoil better than StG44's recoil.

I use DMW Fuchs, Field adjusted sights, Stainless Steel Barrel, and field adjusted trigger for an accuracy/ranged build on my MP40 while still killing reliably. It's still accurate and good and I can still land shots at someone 100 meters away.

Jacky95    2,354
On 2017. 12. 17. at 6:02 PM, ValorousTF said:

The STG needs more mods for decreasing ROF, Increasing damage to be a 3HK on HSG and an overall lower stability.

It uses an intermediate cartridge, so no irrealistic dmg buff.

Buff its stability/recoil controll, <=thats justifyable

geschlittert    1,797

My problem with the stg is the very random recoil and the inaccuracy. I think the recoil pattern should be similar to the avs recoil and the accuracy should also get a buff. I dont want a 3hk lazer, but I want to hit a headshot if I aim for one