Sign in to follow this  
g397

Dynamite Lover ( Mines + H3 )

Question

g397    69

Does someone know how i can make the badge Dynamite Lover work for the mines instead of the H3, when i equip both ?

I tested it with positioning them on 2 / 3 and putting mines in first then H3 but the badge always gives me more H3. I want to play that setup but it isnt just effective with always only 2 mines and i dont want to give up the AT.

16 answers to this question

guncolony.com    533
4 minutes ago, Phoenixflieger said:

Believe me, if I could get the Soviet mini mine (which is almost invisible, like an icehokey puk) I would use that instead! It's so much better!
Currently it seems to work when unequipping the tank mine and only carry the S-Mine, but I want to have both equipped with D Lover on S-Mines.

I actually meant AT mines.

Krlutin    1,171

Dont think it can work on one soldier, i wanted the same setup but couldnt get it to work, so i just use two guys now :)

Interested to hear if there is a solution to this as well.

g397    69

thanks for the answer, good to know its a common thing that it wont work.

Gerrit.    1,052

Because dynamite lover does not work for both when you equip mines and H3, there is no reason to equip mines and H3 on one character. A soldier with mines wants to strategically place them in defensive locations at the start of a battle, but you would spawn a soldier with H3 to agressively run around and destroy tanks and vehicles with the H3, which is harder when you are also bringing heavy mines with you.

Get two soldiers, one for active tank hunting with H3 (possibly combined with thrown AT grenades or a bazooka), one for placing a defensive minefield. I combine H3 with a wrench and AVS for vehicle combat and combine mines with a LMG to hold defensive positions such as a bridge. And I use dynamite lover on both, it's a nice badge!

Edited

Krlutin    1,171
33 minutes ago, Gerrit. said:

-snip-

Some very good points here.

I use a similar weapon loadout, both on SU and GE.

But i have to ask, why the wrench on the avs infy?

Unless he has an APC i dont see any use in lugging it around.

In all my playtime i have only ever seen an infantry man fix my tank precisely ONE time :D

Gerrit.    1,052
42 minutes ago, Krlutin said:

But i have to ask, why the wrench on the avs infy?

Unless he has an APC i dont see any use in lugging it around.

In all my playtime i have only ever seen an infantry man fix my tank precisely ONE time :D

It's a good question!

Yes, he has an APC and a T20 (infantry tank), both with medic crate so he doesn't really need a medic kit instead of wrench. So if I need either an APC or a T20 I have a soldier with wrench and in my opinion the best weapon for vehicle support: with the AVS he has the range to snipe from behind a tank or vehicle, but also the automatic fire power to defend the tank from incoming AT infantry.

When my tanker gets sniped, this is also the soldier I spawn to either get my tank back and play as infantry tanker, in which case the wrench is really useful, or to blow up my own tank with H3 when the enemy sniper managed to steal my tank in time.

Edited

Krlutin    1,171
3 minutes ago, Gerrit. said:

-snip-

Well you thought this all through didnt you? No loose ends whatsoever :D

Cool stuff, i might try this build out, thanks.

Gerrit.    1,052
Just now, Krlutin said:

Well you thought this all through didnt you? No loose ends whatsoever :D

Cool stuff, i might try this build out, thanks.

Haha yep! I tried to create soldiers for different roles, part of the fun of getting multiple soldiers is that you can be prepared for any situation!

While we are on it a similiar question from me. I used to play this game a year ago, now I am back for a short intermezzo.  I have one spezialized soldier equipped with anti tank mines and anti personal mines.

Dynamite Lover used to add 3 to ALL equipped mines/grenades. I take from the threat that it looks like only 1 equipment is increased.
But no matter how I arrange it, I am not able to increase the S-Mine (anti personal mine) carried. I put them in slot 1 even  and above the tank mines but it doesn't work.

What happened with this badge?

And how do I get the increased S-Mines?

guncolony.com    533

I have both RPG-43 and H3 on my rambo guy (trying to unlock PTRD) and Dynamite Lover helps with both.

It also worked when I had RPG and mines.

Maybe try using soviet mines, idk.

4 minutes ago, guncolony.com said:

I have both RPG-43 and H3 on my rambo guy (trying to unlock PTRD) and Dynamite Lover helps with both.

It also worked when I had RPG and mines.

Maybe try using soviet mines, idk.

Believe me, if I could get the Soviet mini mine (which is almost invisible, like an icehokey puk) I would use that instead! It's so much better!
Currently it seems to work when unequipping the tank mine and only carry the S-Mine, but I want to have both equipped with D Lover on S-Mines.

Hmm ... that would be strange if it works with Soviets and not Germans, but hey ... you never know with RETO ...

Edit: Yes, you are right, it works ...

Gerrit.    1,052
3 hours ago, Phoenixflieger said:

While we are on it a similiar question from me. I used to play this game a year ago, now I am back for a short intermezzo.  I have one spezialized soldier equipped with anti tank mines and anti personal mines.

Dynamite Lover used to add 3 to ALL equipped mines/grenades. I take from the threat that it looks like only 1 equipment is increased.
But no matter how I arrange it, I am not able to increase the S-Mine (anti personal mine) carried. I put them in slot 1 even  and above the tank mines but it doesn't work.

What happened with this badge?

And how do I get the increased S-Mines?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems there are multiple small explosive categories:

1a. AP mines

1b. AT mines

2a. Thrown AP grenades

2b. Thrown AT grenades

3. H3

Dynamite lover does not allow you to bring more of everything anymore, it just allows you to bring multiple things of a second (or third) item if it's from another category.

Bring mines and grenades = extra mines and extra grenades.

Bring AT mines and AP mines = no extra AP mines (apparently 1a and 1b are the same category)

I don't know if 2a and 2b are the same category, nor am I sure about the category of H3. However, according to the message of @guncolony.com it seems AT grenades and H3 are in different categories and are both affected by the badge.

Anyway, if you want to bring more than 2 S-mines, don't bring AT mines. My advice: don't put both types of mines on one character and also don't get more than 2 AP mines on a character, it really hurts your credits if you spam those mines and a single or two AP mines is much more effective because the enemy won't expect them, while placing 5 in a capture zone probably means they get blown up by one or two, then they are aware and hunt down the rest.

3 hours ago, Phoenixflieger said:

The Soviet mini mine is great! Or rather, really small and nearly invisible. The downside is that the explosion radius is also smaller than that of the US and GE AP mines. But if you want to use it, you could get a recon, recons can get all types of AP mines and aren't locked to the AP mines of their own faction.

On 28.11.2017 at 7:23 PM, Gerrit. said:

Anyway, if you want to bring more than 2 S-mines, don't bring AT mines. My advice: don't put both types of mines on one character and also don't get more than 2 AP mines on a character, it really hurts your credits if you spam those mines and a single or two AP mines is much more effective because the enemy won't expect them, while placing 5 in a capture zone probably means they get blown up by one or two, then they are aware and hunt down the rest.

The Soviet mini mine is great! Or rather, really small and nearly invisible. The downside is that the explosion radius is also smaller than that of the US and GE AP mines. But if you want to use it, you could get a recon, recons can get all types of AP mines and aren't locked to the AP mines of their own faction.

More than 2 S-Mines work as guncolony.com pointed out:
I bought the Russian Tank Mine and now I can have 5 S-Mines... (as said it doesn't work with my 'homegrew' German Tank Mine).

Maybe I do switch the minelayer soldier to Recon to get to the Russian AP mine. The lesser blast radius is no real disadvantage in my opinion compared to the undetectable 'puck'.
THX for the tip.

g397    69

so i just managed to make this setup work:

i bought myself a second tellermine equipped both then the second one equipped got the dynamite lover bonus, then i swapped the first equipped mine with h3 and suddenly i get 4 mines and 3 h3s.

( and to the ideas with 2 setups, i have enough setups already only one missing was a mine guy, for me a perfect setup would be mines and for the occassion some apc manages to break through get the AT out and destroy it )

That is strange... a few days after my post it is not possible anymore (for me) to get the increased number of S-Mines as described above (which worked fine for days).
I am not a  follower of conspiracy theories, but I find that odd. Maybe it is somewhat bugged (like many of the ribbons previews btw) or RETO simply >bugged< this feature out of the game.

Anyway very disappointing that we have to undergo such Voodoo in the first place to get the ribbon working! (or not in my case again)

Sign in to follow this