Reto.Robotron3000

Update 1.08.1 - Weapon Tweaks

Today we've rolled out "Update 1.08.1 - Weapon Tweaks" with three much requested and awaited weapon balances.

Weapons changed

• MG 42 slightly easier to control and additionally so when crouched
  • M1/M2 Easier to control
  • Johnson slightly decreased precision mode performance and increased ranged damage

Back in Q&A & Why #1 Jörmundgand asked us to show statistics on stream on how all weapons are performing.

We showed stats on some of the weapons in Q&A & Why #2 and talked about them. Based on this we decided to investigate further and dig deeper into the stats. Based on these stats saw a need to tweak these three weapons.

If you want to see the three weapon tweaks in details, have a look at this highlight from Reto.Circinus' Community Frontline #5 where he demonstrates the changes.

AND we've also added a fix for an issue with the strategy game where a faction could not win a war by taking major city number 15.

• Fixed issue with war ending because of endless retries trying to fetch evicted data

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2017/10/update-1-08-1-weapon-tweaks/

Krlutin    599

Oh boy, superior teamwork and communication is back, it is on now my dudes!  :D

Dimis1987    124
4 minutes ago, Reto.Robotron3000 said:
  • MG 42 slightly easier to control and additionally so when crouched

These weapons were broken af and their effectiveness was rightfully reduced, albeit in a wrong way, making their handling badge depended.

I hope the changes are not a step backwards,

Also, iirc two widely used soviet weapons were butchered in the name of balance last year, the PPS and the PTRD but there is not even a mention on them.

I can't imagine the same post being like:

• PPS-43 gets higher damage
  • PTRD-41 more accurate when crouched

We would be mopping axis tears for months to come.

If forum cries and tears is what drives Reto in balancing weapons then I see why the Soviets are left with all the nerfed versions of their weapons in addition to "staged toys" like t-20 and t-28.

flex18    78
4 minutes ago, Dimis1987 said:

These weapons were broken af and their effectiveness was rightfully reduced, albeit in a wrong way, making their handling badge depended.

I hope the changes are not a step backwards,

Also, iirc two widely used soviet weapons were butchered in the name of balance last year, the PPS and the PTRD but there is not even a mention on them.

I can't imagine the same post being like:

• PPS-43 gets higher damage
  • PTRD-41 more accurate when crouched

We would be mopping axis tears for months to come.

If forum cries and tears is what drives Reto in balancing weapons then I see why the Soviets are left with all the nerfed versions of their weapons in addition to "staged toys" like t-20 and t-28.

I dont understand why they havent buffed the PPS yet, this would definitely be a justified buff.

But the PTRD? Just no. It was cancer back then getting your car sniped every single time you drove to an objective. We can talk about that once the other factions also have Anti-Tank rifles.

Edited by flex18

8 minutes ago, Dimis1987 said:

27 minutes ago, Reto.Robotron3000 said:

We showed stats on some of the weapons in Q&A & Why #2 and talked about them. Based on this we decided to investigate further and dig deeper into the stats. Based on these stats saw a need to tweak these three weapons.

Your question was already answered in my original post ;-) 

Jacky95    1059
9 hours ago, Reto.Robotron3000 said:

but you guys left out the smg's...... and all 3 SU smg's are catastrophic.

PPD-terrible

PPsH-preforms worst out of the 3 tier 2 smg's while it has a very high repair cost, which makes the only competitive modding style a credit drainer even on level 16 characters, has lowest damage as all SU smg's

PPS- costs a leg and an arm, while it preforms worse than the Tier 2 smg's. since less damage,less accuracy. it does not even have its stock unfolded?!?! Who uses an smg without its stock? who?

And then people are wonder why players choose GE and US instead of SU..

Edited by Jacky95

flex18    78
1 minute ago, Jacky95 said:

but you guys left out the smg's...... and all 3 SU smg's are catastrophic.

PPD-terrible

PPsH-preforms worst out of the 3 tier 2 smg's while it has a very high repair cost, which makes the only competitive modding style a credit drainer even on level 16 characters, has lowest damage as all SU smg's

PPS- costs a leg and an arm, while it preforms as worse than the Tier 2 smg's. since less damage,less accuracy. it does not even have its stock unfolded?!?! Who uses an smg without its stock? who?

It would be really nice if RB shows us the stats of the SMGs next Stream.

Dimis1987    124
6 minutes ago, Reto.Robotron3000 said:
34 minutes ago, Reto.Robotron3000 said:

In late 2016, AVS was statswize the best weapon in the game, despite the community saying it was unusable and it received buffs in three consecutive patches (urah barrel and various handling tweaks). There is no consistency on how you approach balancing issues.

Edited by Dimis1987

kapez    4
  • Мг 42 немного легче контролировать и, кроме того, поэтому, когда скрючило
  • М1/М2 легче контролировать
  • Джонсон немного снизилась точность характеристик режима и увеличение урона

А где же советское оружие где его улучшение повышение точности урона уменьшение отдачи я так смотрю все делается против советской нации в этой игре, разработчики ответьте в чем проблема вы ненавидите русских (вы все делаете но только не для советской нации вы на оборот все ей ухудшаете )

Edited by kapez

Dimis1987    124
8 minutes ago, flex18 said:

It would be really nice if RB shows us the stats of the SMGs next Stream.

I don't expect the PPS to perform worse than the rest. Don't forget that PPS is behind a grind and credit wall being unlocked at the highest ribbon level and costing that much. It simply stays out of newbs reach unlike thompson and mp40.

That doesn't mean though that PPS does not need a buff.

image.jpg

kapez    4
19 минут назад, Рето.Сказал Robotron3000:

Ваш вопрос уже был дан ответ на мой оригинальный пост ;-)

чем заключается статистика ваша оно и так не плохо стреляло а теперь будет еще круче хорошая у вас статистика ( а статистикой советского оружия я сморю все прям прекрасно)

Hello,

Thank You for update. But there are still many weapons are left behind. I see on the list now - 'Stg-44".

Also - do You guys planning to make new gun sounds to all the weapons?

Regards

Rudy

kapez    4

Mg 42 is a bit easier to control and, in addition, so when crouched
M1/M2 easier to control
Johnson slightly decreased the accuracy of the performance mode and the increase in damage

And where is the Soviet weapon where his improvement is improved accuracy damage recoil down I see everything is done against the Soviet nation in this game, kudos to the developers what the problem is you hate Russian (and all of you are doing but not for the Soviet nation you turn her degrade )

Edited by kapez

Reto.Hades    794
28 minutes ago, kapez said:

Mg 42 is a bit easier to control and, in addition, so when crouched
M1/M2 easier to control
Johnson slightly decreased the accuracy of the performance mode and the increase in damage

And where is the Soviet weapon where his improvement is improved accuracy damage recoil down I see everything is done against the Soviet nation in this game, kudos to the developers what the problem is you hate Russian (and all of you are doing but not for the Soviet nation you turn her degrade )

1 hour ago, Reto.Robotron3000 said:

The AVS was performing the best of these guns, and did not require tweaking. The DP-28 was also perfectly in line with the other MG's.

ska_    69

when the black filter will be fixed. My black is now sometimes purple :(. And the scope looks also still horrible

20171010145519_1.jpg

Edited by ska_

Reto.Hades    794
10 minutes ago, ska_ said:

when the black filter will be fixed. My black is now sometimes purple :(. And the scope looks also still horrible

20171010145519_1.jpg

The scopes and colours have not yet been adjusted, they will be in 1.09 as announced earlier.

Today were really only some small weapon tweaks.

JohanC1.    758

Plenty of US with M2.

Mg42 pretty good. Johnson very interesting. M2 nice.

Edited by JohanC1.