Reto.KenSolo

Q&A & Why #3 Twitch-stream

Reto.KenSolo    221

Twitch_QAWhy_3_1080.jpg

Join us Wednesday the 13th of September on Twitch at 15:00 CEST / 9am EDT, where Game Director Reto.RedBjarne answers questions from the community in the second Q&A & Why Twitch-stream.

In order to provide greater transparency about what we’re doing at Reto-Moto we have started up a new Twitch-stream format called "Q&A & Why with Game Director Reto.RedBjarne". Every two weeks Reto.RedBjarne answer questions and give updates on things currently in development.

There is a small section where we pick questions live from the Twitch-chat, and there is a larger section where we answer questions collected from the community on the forums. Reto.RedBjarne will answer as many questions as possible within the time allocated in the stream. The questions collected from the forums have been voted on by the community and the answers will be ordered by the amount of votes (highest first).

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2017/09/qa-why-3-twitch-stream/

Adrian_Wee    10

How the hell did I miss the poll for the QAY-Questions again? Where was that poll anyway?

cinko    62
1 hour ago, Adrian_Wee said:

How the hell did I miss the poll for the QAY-Questions again? Where was that poll anyway?

I missed it too.

Reto please put the poll next time on the main news page!

Fegaris    668
2 minutes ago, cinko said:

I missed it too.

1 hour ago, Adrian_Wee said:

it actualy was pretty noticible.....dont see how much more it could be...

cinko    62
4 minutes ago, Fegaris said:

it actualy was pretty noticible.....dont see how much more it could be...

Well, the more obvious the more votes.

Gerhacht    119

Is there any result of the recent poll available somewhere? The poll was moved to a new survey tool and I would like to know what was voted in order to decide to watch or skip it...

Marv2.0    240

well I told them for the last two, to get them out on the news page... welp

Jacky95    745
3 hours ago, Adrian_Wee said:

1 hour ago, cinko said:

I missed it too.

i would strongly suggest that you guys follow the Dev who makes the Poll threads, that way you will get a notification when they are posted

Hades does the polls i think, but follow KenSolo too...actually the best is to follow all of them

Edited by Jacky95

PaveMentman    66
2 hours ago, Jacky95 said:

i would strongly suggest that you guys follow the Dev who makes the Poll threads, that way you will get a notification when they are posted

Hades does the polls i think, but follow KenSolo too...actually the best is to follow all of them

To add on this, people seemingly (still) conveniently ignore the "Staff Post Tracker".

(( But then again, this is yet another one of the "typical internet-things" to do after so much of "complaining"... ))

https://heroesandgenerals.com/forums/stafftracker/

---

---

---

xJuliussx    17

short version of my question: FORWARD AIRFIELD -very  rare map in the WAR RTS CAMPAIGN due to bad map rotation - when will be this problem adressed ? 

Good day. I dont know if this questions was adressed yet , but here is my main question: FORWARD AIRFIELD - we are barely playing FORWARD AIRFIELD MAP - in the WAR CAMPAIGN - when RETO will adress to a better map rotation , so we enjoy playing on such a beautiful map. We have only a few maps, we need more variety. 

short version of my question: FORWARD AIRFIELD -very  rare map in the WAR RTS CAMPAIGN due to bad map rotation - when will be this problem adressed ? 

how do we know if our questions were selected for Q&A session ?

THANK YOU ! 

PaveMentman    66
20 minutes ago, xJuliussx said:

Good day. I dont know if this questions was adressed yet , but here is my main question: FORWARD AIRFIELD - we are barely playing FORWARD AIRFIELD MAP - in the WAR CAMPAIGN - when RETO will adress to a better map rotation , so we enjoy playing on such a beautiful map. We have only a few maps, we need more variety. 

how do we know if our questions were selected for Q&A session ?

THANK YOU ! 

There is no "map-rotation" in "Elite-mode".

Majority of the "(French) Forward Airfield"-nodes indeed are (obviously) located north of the France and here and there northern-parts of Europe.

So "this is fixed" once the armies push and fight around these areas of the war-strategy-map.

---

---

---

Edited by PaveMentman

KKND2    3

aw i wanted to ask if reto's gonna add APCR/HE to mobile AA and recon tanks Q_Q

LoverBoyUSA    156

What will Reto.Moto do with the over 900k 10% war bonds that you have left after only being able to give away 70k.

xJuliussx    17
On 9/11/2017 at 10:07 PM, PaveMentman said:

There is no "map-rotation" in "Elite-mode".

Majority of the "(French) Forward Airfield"-nodes indeed are (obviously) located north of the France and here and there northern-parts of Europe.

So "this is fixed" once the armies push and fight around these areas of the war-strategy-map.

---

---

---

Thank you for the prompt answer. Still, my point was it should be a rotation of the airfield maps, similar with the skirmish system. Each attack gets a different map of skirmish hill and village skirmishes. The game already lacks of serious variety of maps, airfield forward is barely in the range of our players. 

Edited by xJuliussx

PaveMentman    66
6 hours ago, xJuliussx said:

Thank you for the prompt answer. Still, my point was it should be a rotation of the airfield maps, similar with the skirmish system. Each attack gets a different map of skirmish hill and village skirmishes. The game already lacks of serious variety of maps, airfield forward is barely in the range of our players. 

To clarify slightly (just incase), the "map-rotation" in Elite-mode map / war-theater-map follows the "thematics".

E.G. "French"-battle-maps are fought around "French-areas".

And the future slavic / Soviet / Russian-themed battle-maps are fought "Eastern-fronts" of the Europe.

---

So a way to manipulate which "Maps" are being used the Elite-mode mode almost 100% depends on the players themselves

(sans the case with "skirmish / all-warfare / military equipment-domination-rules"-battles are still somewhat randomized, or otherwise not possible to (easily) guess which one is being used (aside for the "country / nation-thematics" )).

(( The "gamemode-name" referenced here is based on the mode found in "Unreal Tournament": http://unreal.wikia.com/wiki/Domination ))

---

An example:

"(French) Forward Airfield" is a little more "detailed" thematic-wise: It indeed is a makeshift / more or less temporary airfield to "Normandy-forces" and such, therefore finding them "inner-land" (E.G. in the middle of Germany near Berlin) would be illogical thematics-wise for the most part.

This is similar to how "(French) Mountain Town" is more often around hilly-areas of the war-theater-map.

---

And as we eventually get more battle-maps as the time goes, it is intended to place this battle-maps on the logical "nodes"

( for example, we could get another "non-factory-choke-point"-map eventually to be placed to "narrow-path"-routes; maybe some sort of "ravine-map" or otherwise more or less desolate but otherwise "fight-worthy" passage-point ).

---

---

---

Edited by PaveMentman

BrBrthr    36

this #3 Q&A stream there are many good things done, like a preparation from both guys and very good moderating.

+ Answering questions from the poll is much more better then from chat! cover the mainpart for the questions from forum +  votes.

+  5 Votes per player will be enough.

+  going into details if its necessary also good, and NOT going into details if redbjarne or gargamel do not know a quite good answer.

+  stick to current topics in the beginning of the stream , nice comments in between making it more "viewable"

Negative .

-   dont be silly and do not annoy the playerbase with nonsense  new stuff like the tier 1 planes ( some of the stupid "majority  on the forum" wish stupid things like a new skin for my helmet or sth like that.

-->, this streaming Agenda from reto.moto is the last chance for retaining the veterans , other longterm players  and CLANS. ! you can be sure that every clan is talking about the      streams and the things which were discussed.

- do not look into the camera sometimes, if they talk about stuff, its weird if one guy is talking to the other but do not refers to the camera and viewers

-  hold up with stupid things which have NO PRIORITY !  

- nearly no or less supporting some HnG Twitch Streamer or some guys from Youtube, e.g. (twitch stream). @BurnoutDV , and for Youtube ( TheCobraLP)

My wish for the future:

Bring the map update as fast as possible, pls focus on this the next days and I hope the Update will come end of september live server or at least on prototype server.!!!

another things on which you can focus are actualy written down in other topics on the forum.... lhave a look for them! 

greetings from Regiment 42 &  have a nice day and have fast progress in development. 

sfscriv    770
On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:00 AM, AxeHeadSlam said:

Question: Can we take the warfund bonus out of the underdog bonus and replace it for something else?

Question #4 in the Q&A Why #3

@Reto.Hades RedBjarne was talking about zeroing-out the 'Underdog Bonus.'   He said it would take time to make all three factions zero for the bonus because he did not want the reward message to say the player is getting "Zero."  To save time in this experimental test, just do one of the following options;

- Same percentage bonus (5%) for all three factions

OR

- Very small (1%) percentage for the two factions who get the bonus