Marv2.0

Q&A&Why answers

Marv2.0    510

I won't check the links today. It took me longer than I had planned to get this thread done. EDIT: links are now checked

A few reminders for all

1) please only discuss the format and the phrasing of summaries, nothing about how these answers will effect the game. I am certain I will have to use this post in the near future.

(I will add spoilers after checking all the links, however it is way messier to edit these things with the spoilers already there)

2) The summaries are by no means official answers, due to me working this whole day, there likely are mistakes in them.

3) If you want to express your thanks, use the upvote button, I will likely need a lot of the replies I am going to leave here for future Q&A answer updates

4) If you want to help inform with PM what currently is broken

5) Future updates will happen on weekends, due to changes in my private life.

As for moderators, if you apply any changes to the thread (summaries whatever) I kindly ask you to update the UPDATE/EDIT list, thank you in advance it will help me to keep this thread transparent

good night all

Edited

GermanSoldier    2,430

uJk01CI.gif

Now i dont need to rewatch the entire stream every time i need to remember anything 

10 minutes ago, Marv2.0 said:

game is not about recreating the war, reto pushes historical limits to add stuff that is interesting in the game, no AK-47, maybe interesting prototypes they need to make sense,

still salty they took this hardcore out of context and didnt even answer the question

Edited

Fegaris    1,062

Nice work, better then Axes xD ....as this is more ´´clear´´

meforte    86

Nice work Marv2.0, appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Edited

Guys, I got an idea to control the SPAM of people joining as one class and then jump over to another (like Join as infantry and go Pilot or Tanker, for example).

The solution Reto has proposed is to allow you to join as an inferior vehicle (lower tier). The issue is, this won't help/solve anything.

I say they should delay the respawn time for those who tries to join as a different class.

Let's say I joined the battle as pilot and I'm playing pilot. Everything stays the same, same respawn time as of today.

But let's say I joined as infantry and I wanna start playing as pilot, cause the team needs some help in the air. In this case, there should be a longer TIME TO DEPLOY as pilot. This way, you will discourage people to SPAM the game with vehicles, but still play with their favorite tanks/planes.

Another solution is to delay even more the time to deploy if there are, for example, 4 planes in the air. The more planes/tanks you have in the game, the longer should be the deploy time.

I think that could help fix the problem. It's an idea, hope they listen to. I would appreciate if you guys could give a thumbs up if you like it....

Marv2.0    510

Checked the links, they are all working.

Also for those interested in the changelog of this thread:

09-01-17

• put Q&A&Why #1 answers in a spoiler
  • fixed formating of a question (increased size of question to pt 16)
  • put Q&A&Why #2 answers in a spoiler

I will just quote myself again:

12 hours ago, Marv2.0 said:

Please note that this is not a topic to discuss certain answers, features, whatsoever.

12 hours ago, Marv2.0 said:

1) please only discuss the format and the phrasing of summaries, nothing about how these answers will effect the game.

3) If you want to express your thanks, use the upvote button, I will likely need a lot of the replies I am going to leave here for future Q&A answer updates

WmXLT    90

Wow, amazing work! Hope you wont burn out doing it though. Seems like a shirt ton of work...

Marv2.0    510
42 minutes ago, Reto.Hades said:

Very nice! Makes it much easier to focus on specific questions, good job!

could you maybe sticky it?

On a different note I left out some of the chat questions, for reasons suchs as but not only: sarcastic answers, personal problems, no answers

I am also not sure about the spoilers, it seems to me that it is harder to read now, although easier to navigate...

EDIT: also fixed the forum part for the second spoiler

Edited

d|ng    1,571

This is great @Marv2.0 .

It would also be nice to have recorded what was talked about before the answering of questions started in Q&A Stream #2, specifically referring to their plans to improve or reduce certain weapons in certain ways. 

(possibly reduce muzzle flash of StG;  reduce close range damage of johnson but also reduce damage dropoff so it does more damage at range;  improve the mg42 probably by reducing sway)

Edited

Marv2.0    510
10 hours ago, d|ng said:

This is great @Marv2.0 .

It would also be nice to have recorded what was talked about before the answering of questions started in Q&A Stream #2, specifically referring to their plans to improve or reduce certain weapons in certain ways. 

(possibly reduce muzzle flash of StG;  reduce close range damage of johnson but also reduce damage dropoff so it does more damage at range;  improve the mg42 probably by reducing sway)

Q&A&Why #1 can we have statistics?-> next devstream

EDIT: and whilest it would be nice, the thing is this is something more for axeheadslam's thread. This one here just aims to collect the answers for the various questions. Also within that 30 minute explanation much is beeing said little is understood.

Edited

Marv2.0    510

As a reminder, although I mentioned it already multiple times in this thread and some others.

The update will happen on the weekend. It will either be Friday or Saturday (more likely Saturday, but I will see if I am able to pull it off on Friday).

Right now I have the Forum questions from @Reto.Hades . Again big thank you there.

I plan to have the last dev-streams answers outside a spoiler until the next dev-stream I guess. (probably a few hours later due to work-related things, unless a moderator is willing to make the adjustment in a timely manner.../our family actually moving closer to work...) Because, personally I find the text within the spoilers harder to read. (And yes with the update, I am also going to clean that little empty line, that slipped through before the second spoiler.)

Again for any mistakes you will find -> plox pm me.

In the unlikely event you feel like spending ca. 4 hours to put everything together you can obviously get the answers in here. I see to incorporate them asap.

Marv2.0    510

It has been done. EDIT: Links will not be checked today. If someone feels like confirming them, feel free to do so.

Here the changelog so you don't have to scroll up if you use navigate to newest post function

Spoiler

09-015-17

• updated Q&A&Why list with Q&A&Why #3
  • updated Q&Q&Why answer list with Q&A&Why #3 answers
  • updated third part of the structure description
  • removed unecessary explanation parts from questions to increase readability
  • fixed empty line inbetween Q&Q&Why #2 and its spoiler
  • fixed empty line inbetween Chat and first chat-question in Q&Q&Why #2 answer list

Important to note is, that I removed explanation parts from questions now, this was done to shorten them and thus increase readability. Especially with RadicalEdward2s question it showed what a difference it made. On my screen it is now roughly one and a half lines instead of four and a bit. This has been also done for the first two answer lists(as mentioned in the changelog).

Edited