Reto.McFly

Meet the Developers – Reto.Myttuz

Reto.McFly    540

MeetTheDeveloper-Reto.Myttuz.jpg

You are already devoted to the game and know every bit of it? Now we think it is time that you get to know the team a little better. So every once in a while we will introduce you to one of the people behind Heroes & Generals.

What's the story of the tag?

Myttuz came from an old nick from one of my characters when I was playing The 4th Coming back in 96/97. My brother and I had a warrior (Fusion) and a healer (Bandaid), and we wanted to create a mage with a name of impact, so we came up with Myttuz (derived from Myth). A Mythical fire mage that could summon a “Meteor” from the sky to bring fiery death to his enemies.

What is your position and what does that mean?

I am the Backend programmer. As of now, I am working with Reto.Stenum refactoring the Framework and Database layer to make it easier to create new features.

Myttuz_desk.jpg

What was the best thing to work on so far?

In my past job I was doing some insane refactoring and being able to use this knowledge and experience to improve Heroes & Generals code is awesome!

What are you excited about in the future?

I loved the game since the moment I met it, and being able to see how Reto-Moto is working hard to make it better and better makes me feel really excited, as we seen where the game is and where we want it to be.

What did you do before Reto?

I’ve been a software developer/architect for the past 15 years, working on different projects and areas. Reto-Moto is my first opportunity in the game industry though!

What is the best thing about working at Reto?

The office and the people makes me feel at home, and of course I work with one thing I love, and I get to play the game for the sake of work!!! Yay!

What is your favourite thing about Heroes & Generals

It makes you feel at war! Really! It is unforgiving, if you execute a movement without thinking thoroughly you are certainly going to get yourself killed.

What are your hobbies?

I am addicted to electronics and computers (could it be otherwise?), playing games and reading books/manga.

Favourite Games/Games that inspired you to have a career in games?

My favorite and most played game of all time is Minecraft, being it pure or modded. I love the freedom and possibilities the game gives us. At one point me and some friends started what we called Wonder, an insane structure that would require 1.5M cobblestones, unfortunately we never finished it.

What are your favourite films, books and music?

My favorite movies are the Harry Potter saga, my favorite books are the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy saga, my favorite manga/anime is One Piece, and my favorite music is Michael Jackson's.

Random Fun Fact about you

I am really addicted to playing PC games, to the point where my wife and daughter get really angry with me and forbid me to play for days.

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2017/07/meet-the-developers-reto-myttuz/

Reto.McFly    540
6 minutes ago, silverlik said:

No secret stuff hidden in the photo??

Might be... if you like look real closely and hum the winning song of the european song contest 1963.

(oh, my boss is telling me I am not allowed to troll you guys :-)

FritzFruegel    215

I thought it was tradition to put secrets in the foto :(

You look Danish, are you Danish? 

silverlik    63
5 hours ago, reto.McFly said:

Might be... if you like look real closely and hum the winning song of the european song contest 1963.

Trolling? Reto? How dare you??!?!!?!?

Matt6767    227
8 hours ago, reto.McFly said:

It's too late now. I'm psychologically scarred.

-Ger-Schilli    653
9 hours ago, reto.McFly said:

Don't you think the community is already trolled enough with all the bad gameplay experience ?

free_k1ll    113

The community is being trolled for at least one and a half year already... so nothing new really.

Kmeto    282
14 hours ago, reto.McFly said:

unfortunately we never finished it.

lmao same with tweaking H&G

Reto.McFly    540
6 hours ago, MegaBertz said:

Hey! Why was my post removed ? I only linked the 1963 european winning song...

A misclick... its been restored now.

MIGUEL-W    121
On 11/7/2017 at 1:01 PM, Reto.McFly said:

(H&G) It makes you feel at war! Really! It is unforgiving, if you execute a movement without thinking thoroughly you are certainly going to get yourself killed.

Like not putting Heavy set and get one shot in the butt by the bush campers.

On 11/7/2017 at 11:20 PM, -Ger-Schilli said:

Don't you think the community is already trolled enough with all the bad gameplay experience ?

I feel trolled and that they stole my time my friend. H&G isnt free. It will make you spend money or hundreds of hours to get the gear and then see how poor and toxic the gameplay is :(