Call911

sherman E8 damage values

Call911    100

so according to the holy grail of tank stats, redemon's pages: https://script.google.com/macros/s/AKfycbwF7UGqPbT8Ad_PscA2IftxJRh2hDu7Za8tkJ9y2vr7ckZhFsG0/exec?page=TanksStatistics

panther and E8 have same damage,

according to the information joke the wiki is, the E8 is stronger (on par with the SU medium and the TD's)

can anyone say wich max damage it has? 900 or 950?

orva12    191

I was looking at the values of tanks, why the hell does the is-2 cost more to spawn than the TIGER II?? bloody unbelievable that godmode tank should be like 1500 at least.

EDIT: also, the is-2 has a bigger HE shell but the same damage?

Edited

Krzysiek5657    610
32 minutes ago, orva12 said:

I was looking at the values of tanks, why the hell does the is-2 cost more to spawn than the TIGER II?? bloody unbelievable that godmode tank should be like 1500 at least.

EDIT: also, the is-2 has a bigger HE shell but the same damage?

better - why tiger II is the cheappest t2 heavy :)

Call911    100

euhm don't know why the topic suddenly changed to IS-2 rant,

so back on topic to the E8 damage values :P

AfonsoQQ    2,965

It is very weird indeed.

Ive been using Both E8 And Panther (E8 since 2014)

And it seems that the Panther is mostly 3hk, and the E8 2hk.

Sometimes you even have to 3hk light tanks (very rare but happens)

I belive the stats are actually different.

Geronimo553    622
17 minutes ago, AfonsoQQ said:

It is very weird indeed.

agreed

HarmlessHarry    334
3 hours ago, AfonsoQQ said:

It is very weird indeed.

I use the E8 a lot, and I find that most of the time I need a third shot to knock out Panthers (75% or more when frontal).  Strangely, I seem to knock out SU mediums more regularly with 2 shots than the German mediums.  Regardless, on average the E8 does slightly more damage per shot than the Panther.

What throws me off...I find that the Hellcat actually 2 HK's mediums more than the E8 (same canon).  That includes vs Panthers.

The E8 even gets that 3HK to lights at times, but never the Hellcat. 

The only thing I can think of is that the Hellcat has a built in, higher percentage/algorithm to more regularly hit in the upper range of the 76mm damage output.

Two other things to consider, the Panther has a faster reload than the E8 and the Hellcat, and its round will hit you nearly twice as fast/sooner than the 76's hitting the Panther (nearly double the muzzle velocity - bullet speed).

BrandonSolo10    3,354
28 minutes ago, HarmlessHarry said:

I use the E8 a lot, and I find that most of the time I need a third shot to knock out Panthers (75% or more when frontal).  Strangely, I seem to knock out SU mediums more regularly with 2 shots than the German mediums.  Regardless, on average the E8 does slightly more damage per shot than the Panther.

What throws me off...I find that the Hellcat actually 2 HK's mediums more than the E8 (same canon).  That includes vs Panthers.

The E8 even gets that 3HK to lights at times, but never the Hellcat. 

The only thing I can think of is that the Hellcat has a built in, higher percentage/algorithm to more regularly hit in the upper range of the 76mm damage output.

Two other things to consider, the Panther has a faster reload than the E8 and the Hellcat, and its round will hit you nearly twice as fast/sooner than the 76's hitting the Panther (nearly double the muzzle velocity - bullet speed).

Quite bizarre...

HarmlessHarry    334
15 minutes ago, BrandonSolo10 said:

Quite bizarre...

I also forgot to mention, a higher percentage of my shots bounce when firing from the E8 vs the Hellcat.  This includes bounces off Hetzers, Stugs, Panzer III's, and the occasional 38T.  Even the Panther and heavy tanks seem to pen easier with the Hellcat as opposed to the E8.

BrandonSolo10    3,354
4 minutes ago, HarmlessHarry said:

I also forgot to mention, a higher percentage of my shots bounce when firing from the E8 vs the Hellcat.  This includes bounces off Hetzers, Stugs, Panzer III's, and the occasional 38T.  Even the Panther and heavy tanks seem to pen easier with the Hellcat as opposed to the E8.

Playing with my Panther, I also feel like the E8 is a less concerning enemy to me than the Hellcat, because its shots bounces off of my armor more often.

Pair that with the meh armor (it wasn't great even IRL, but it was something) and meh speed, and the E8 isn't really worth the time and credits.

HarmlessHarry    334
5 minutes ago, BrandonSolo10 said:

Playing with my Panther, I also feel like the E8 is a less concerning enemy to me than the Hellcat, because its shots bounces off of my armor more often.

Pair that with the meh armor (it wasn't great even IRL, but it was something) and meh speed, and the E8 isn't really worth the time and credits.

It is absolutely less concerning.  If I bounce my first shot from my E8 I'm pretty much dead.  If I do the same with the Hellcat, I get the heck out of dodge and I can regularly evade them returning a shot, or I can at least evade the second shot - Then  change positions with the Kitty and hit that Panther again.  Not to mention the E8's extra armor really gives zero advantage over the Hellcat when fighting a Panther.  It is rare that the E8 bounces Panther rounds.

AfonsoQQ    2,965

why should the E8 be equal to the Panther tho?

Irl the Panther was way over it, even being considered today by many the pinacle of medium tank design of WWII and one of/if not the best tank of WWII

killer553    494

I think they both got same DMG or there is a minimal difference.

I just rarely get 3HKed by a panther when in my E8.Usually i gets 2HK+ fire and same my cannon does to them.But in the game the only thing i miss on E8 is the velocity.

But sometimes i gets battles where just certain players,quite often also me,needs almost always 3 shots to kill.Guess it has something to do with ping.

HarmlessHarry    334
1 hour ago, AfonsoQQ said:

why should the E8 be equal to the Panther tho?

Irl the Panther was way over it, even being considered today by many the pinacle of medium tank design of WWII and one of/if not the best tank of WWII

I don't think anyone is claiming that it should, I'm not.

For sure armor and firepower wise it was the better tank than any Sherman variant.  1 v 1 tank duel the Panther was much better.

However, the Sherman's were far better mechanically, far more reliable, more cost effective, less fuel consumption, superior field repair ease, much faster production speed, easily modified for other roles, and better infantry support role effectiveness.  Of course these things aren't all that easy to implement into a video game. 

Actually, the more I think about it, in war mode if you had specific tank ATs, rather than Medium TD's, Lights, Heavies.  For example, specific Panther AT's with higher Q's (production times), higher war fund cost, and more expensive to use.  Imagine the amount of T34 ATs there would be available.  Just a thought, not that I'm claiming it should be this way.

AfonsoQQ    2,965
20 minutes ago, HarmlessHarry said:

I don't think anyone is claiming that it should, I'm not.

For sure armor and firepower wise it was the better tank than any Sherman variant.  1 v 1 tank duel the Panther was much better.

However, the Sherman's were far better mechanically, far more reliable, more cost effective, less fuel consumption, superior field repair ease, much faster production speed, easily modified for other roles, and better infantry support role effectiveness.  Of course these things aren't all that easy to implement into a video game. 

Actually, the more I think about it, in war mode if you had specific tank ATs, rather than Medium TD's, Lights, Heavies.  For example, specific Panther AT's with higher Q's (production times), higher war fund cost, and more expensive to use.  Imagine the amount of T34 ATs there would be available.  Just a thought, not that I'm claiming it should be this way.

All true, the thing is that Games sadly only take raw stats in account.

(i wouldnt dislike 4 Shermans VS 1 Panther :P)

HarmlessHarry    334
11 minutes ago, AfonsoQQ said:

Lol, I wouldn't mind taking on 4x as many tankers in a match either, sounds like a fun challenge.

I want all tank classes, all tank staged matches!  No AT rambos, no cancer from the sky, just pure tank on tank mayhem.

12 hours ago, AfonsoQQ said:

giphy.gif

orva12    191
On 2017-6-10 at 0:15 AM, HarmlessHarry said:

Lol, I wouldn't mind taking on 4x as many tankers in a match either, sounds like a fun challenge.

I want all tank classes, all tank staged matches!  No AT rambos, no cancer from the sky, just pure tank on tank mayhem.

Fun challenge? Maybe if you drive a tank that can actually withstand some shots like the panther or the E8...

HarmlessHarry    334
8 hours ago, orva12 said:

Fun challenge? Maybe if you drive a tank that can actually withstand some shots like the panther or the E8...

Fun, absolutely!  Nothing is more fun in this game than taking out higher tiered tanks in this game with lower tiers, or lower classes.

Even fighting Panthers with a Greyhound is a fun and doable challenge.  

Rofl stomping with the best equipment in the game gets very boring, and very unfulfilling after a while.