Call911

recon vehicles

Call911    84

I see way too much posts in questions and answers and also struggle myself A LOT about correct data for the recon vehicles.

Everyone wants to know wich is the ultimate best, but the wiki gives us no intel to make a good comparison, so we need:

- speed of BA-6

- penetration values

- damage values

- health value

- some rough armor values (...<6<...<20<... mm would already help a lot)

(penetrable by MG, by low tier lights, infantry first or iron fist etc)

- ammo capacity

I know reto doesn't like to share data, but can people who own those vehicles fill up all those blank areas please?

The wiki is very accurate about wich real world cannons or ammo cartridges are used

but we know that ingame two cannons with same diameter can have completely different penetration and damage values

ps: can someone look after the soviet unlock levels for those vehicles? they both state chauffeur ribbon level 9

but I believe the ba-64 would unlock earlier, no?

killer553    449

Best...depends on situation.

Ba-6 and M8 are good for destroying tanks.

222 is the best for anti infantry and got the best turret rotation.

Overall i finds M8 Greyhound as the best,especially after addon of window armor in the last update.My biggest problem with IFVs is that they are in fact useless against any auto-cannon except AA-gun.Ground or aircraft auto cannons will make shirt of them in seconds.

HarmlessHarry    288

A 222 will kill a greyhound or BA-6 in a blink of an eye.  If you haven't hit the 222 with your 3rd shot before he sees you, you are dead.

The Greyhound definitely has the best speed, and the most ammunition (80 rounds 37mm AP only, 600 30 cal mg rounds).  All of them are bad at climbing hills.  The greyhound seems to be stuck in 5th gear or some crap like that all the time.  You will get stuck in the most ridiculous places because it has zero torque/gearing, therefore you need to abandon the damn thing.  Stupid since it is 6x6/ 6 wheel drive - Please fix Reto, it's been like this forever!

The BA-6 is the best at killing tanks because of the 45mm canon (best pen and damage), but it is the most vulnerable due to it's large/tall stature and the slowest speed of the 3.  It also has a passenger mg that will pen soft vehicles and other recon cars.  You can trash a hound or 222 if you are frontally faced and you have someone shooting the mg and the canon at the same time.

The 222 is the weakest against tanks, but that really isn't their primary objective. 

222 is easily the king among the recon cars.

Contrary to what many people think, the  Infantry First badge (Gold is 50% increased damage to soft vehicles) does not work in the recon cars, and you can't 1 shot jeeps/kubels/gaz/motorcycles.  

Edited by HarmlessHarry

BrandonSolo10    2330
6 hours ago, HarmlessHarry said:

A 222 will kill a greyhound or BA-6 in a blink of an eye.  If you haven't hit the 222 with your 3rd shot before he sees you, you are dead.

The Greyhound definitely has the best speed, and the most ammunition (80 rounds 37mm AP only, 600 30 cal mg rounds).  All of them are bad at climbing hills.  The greyhound seems to be stuck in 5th gear or some crap like that all the time.  You will get stuck in the most ridiculous places because it has zero torque/gearing, therefore you need to abandon the damn thing.  Stupid since it is 6x6/ 6 wheel drive - Please fix Reto, it's been like this forever!

The BA-6 is the best at killing tanks because of the 45mm canon (best pen and damage), but it is the most vulnerable due to it's large/tall stature and the slowest speed of the 3.  It also has a passenger mg that will pen soft vehicles and other recon cars.  You can trash a hound or 222 if you are frontally faced and you have someone shooting the mg and the canon at the same time.

The 222 is the weakest against tanks, but that really isn't their primary objective. 

222 is easily the king among the recon cars.

Contrary to what many people think, the  Infantry First badge (Gold is 50% increased damage to soft vehicles) does not work in the recon cars, and you can't 1 shot jeeps/kubels/gaz/motorcycles.  

The 222 is indeed the best of all the three armored cars (excluding the BA-64B), but the gap isn't as wide as one might think.

Having played with all three armored cars, they all have their advantages and disadvantages, so saying which is best and which is worst is actually quite hard, but I'd say the 222 with the Greyhound trailing a millimeter behind, and the BA-6 also very close to the Greyhound.

Edited by BrandonSolo10

Tarrick    36
4 hours ago, BrandonSolo10 said:

The 222 is indeed the best of all the three armored cars (excluding the BA-64B), but the gap isn't as wide as one might think.

Having played with all three armored cars, they all have their advantages and disadvantages, so saying which is best and which is worst is actually quite hard, but I'd say the 222 with the Greyhound trailing a millimeter behind, and the BA-6 also very close to the Greyhound.

very much up ur alley ay bra ndon

BrandonSolo10    2330
16 minutes ago, Tarrick said:

very much up ur alley ay bra ndon

I am usually not one to brag, but I am one of the best and most experienced armored car drivers of this game.

Tarrick    36

never been in a battle with u.so i cant say................(im still grinding for my 222)

BrandonSolo10    2330
17 hours ago, Tarrick said:

never been in a battle with u.so i cant say................(im still grinding for my 222)

DFFFC370D448050D39F81A0DE0BAA462E5B57C1E

Tarrick    36
3 hours ago, BrandonSolo10 said:

DFFFC370D448050D39F81A0DE0BAA462E5B57C1E

mmhmmmmmmmmm gj.nice.....but it was with greyhound not 222? 

BrandonSolo10    2330
1 hour ago, Tarrick said:

mmhmmmmmmmmm gj.nice.....but it was with greyhound not 222? 

Orly?

17766BDE81F848446EF84D142FB280C619672A35

SilvaRodrigo    836
23 minutes ago, BrandonSolo10 said:

Orly?

Old maps, when things were a bit better

Tarrick    36
28 minutes ago, BrandonSolo10 said:

Orly?

thats more like it! :D prehaps u will be able to tell me ur secret 222 camping spots :PxD 

SilvaRodrigo    836
41 minutes ago, Tarrick said:

thats more like it! :D prehaps u will be able to tell me ur secret 222 camping spots :PxD 

222 is not meant to be used to camp. The most effective way of using it is by killing, keep driving, repeat. If you camp you are dead

Tarrick    36
5 minutes ago, SilvaRodrigo said:

222 is not meant to be used to camp. The most effective way of using it is by killing, keep driving, repeat. If you camp you are dead

running people over?

SilvaRodrigo    836
32 minutes ago, Tarrick said:

running people over?

Neither. Just stop when you see a enemy cas/apc/ReconPlane and destroy it, then keep driving around. That's what i do and it's effective as hell

Tarrick    36
45 minutes ago, SilvaRodrigo said:

Neither. Just stop when you see a enemy cas/apc/ReconPlane and destroy it, then keep driving around. That's what i do and it's effective as hell

ok cheers

whats Ur ratio on average per battle using that tactic 

SilvaRodrigo    836
17 hours ago, Tarrick said:

ok cheers

whats Ur ratio on average per battle using that tactic 

I never cared about KDR, i care about having fun, that's why i still playing this game. If i cared about KDR i would already left the game since i'm an average player

Call911    84

Ok, back on topic, can we have a somehow accurate wiki about those vehicles?

Call911    84
On 9/6/2017 at 9:33 AM, Call911 said:

Ok, back on topic, can we have a somehow accurate wiki about those vehicles?

nobody back on topic?

all the wiki editors on a holiday or something?

is this community still alive?

or is everyone runnin to other games?

SilvaRodrigo    836
9 hours ago, Call911 said:

nobody back on topic?

all the wiki editors on a holiday or something?

is this community still alive?

or is everyone runnin to other games?

Bah, wiki is useless, if you want knowledge, you have to ask it here on forums