Reto.McFly

Update 1.07 ‘Care Package’ is here!

Reto.McFly    844

Have you ever found yourself in a tight spot where just one more handgun would make all the difference. The enemy has you cornered, your rifle is out of ammo, and just at the last minute you pull a hidden pistol from your pocket to make that all important headshot?
With the release of the Update 1.07 ‘Care Package’ we are not only adding new pistols to Heroes & Generals, we have also put together a lot of bits and pieces that makes for a better gameplay experience and help pave the way for future updates.

New pistols for all soldiers

We are introducing three new pistols useable by all soldiers:

The new pistols unlock early in the game benefitting rookie players. However, veteran players will find that the 1 equipment point cost of these pistols also makes them fit very nicely with a full loadout.

All new Sound Occlusion system

The term Sound Occlusion might sound both technical and complicated – what is does however, is pretty straight forward.
If you are behind obstacles in the game, the sound from weapons and vehicles that you cannot see will now be muffled. So when an enemy fires a gun at you, you will know if you are in cover or not.

https://youtu.be/WVLxA3UyBCU

First Aid Kits visualizations

You now get a heads up when a team mates is using a First Aid Kit to heal you.
You will see a green Medic-icon with the name of the player attempting to heal you just above your health bar in the lower left corner of the screen.

Casings ejecting looks more realistic

When you enter the game and start shooting you might notice that casings ejecting from weapons now looks more realistic.
We have revamped the casing and eject system to look more authentic with more speed and spin on the casing giving an energetic and powerful feel when pulling the trigger. These changes will also make it easier for us to add new weapons in the future.

https://youtu.be/bq45tD49vk8

Duck while driving

You are now able to take cover while driving any of the four recon vehicles, just like any other vehicle, by using ‘ctrl’ (default key).
Previously this was only possible in the BA-6, but the feature has been added to the SdKfz 222, BA-64B and M8 Greyhound.

Care-Bundle_VM.jpg

Get the new Care Bundle in the store now!

As part of the update 1.07 ‘Care Package’ we have put together a brand new Care Bundle containing one of the new handguns, one First Aid Kit, one wrench, three Ribbon Boosters and a one day Veteran Membership.

Other Changes

Here is a list of some additional features in the Update 1.07 ‘Care Package’.

• Improved running and sprint animations
  • You can perform melee attacks while sprinting without slowing down
  • Updated Anti-Cheat

...and much more

For a more detailed view take a look at the changelog.

Make a Difference – Fight for Friends

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2017/05/update-1-07-care-package-is-here/

flakpanzer    224

OK here are my thoughts on this update.

Outright pathetic!!!!

You have to be kidding me that we all waited 2 months for this crap!  Really reto what did you do take a 2 month vacation from the game to put out an update that you all thought about it over the weekend?  Pocket pistols????  Nobody cares for it!

Russians have been waiting for some sort of gun like an LMG or tank to balance out the game a bit.  We have been with the same types of weapons since the release of the soviet union.  Hell the dp 28 has been out even b4 the Russian faction even came out.  Time for a new weapon for the Russians.

On the casing issue...

WOW... new case system for all the guns?  We had that b4 on the last patch... only difference on this new patch is that now the casings go everywhere instead of just out to the side.  Who thought about that?  I don't even think that the guns behaved like that.  No gun manufacture makes casings to fly in your face...

Sprinting and melee...

Could be interesting if you use a melee weapon.  But seriously... that could just be put in as a tweak of the game... not something major !

Healing of the person

Now this is a cool feature of the game.  I think that this is a good feature that you are adding.  To many times I'm tryin to heal a friend and they just run off.  Whistling at the person tryin to get there attention as to what I'm tryin to do for them.

Running feature

Wow who thought about this idea?  Making it go from just running in general to oh... lets put the gun to be in the down position.  Come on you can't be serious that this is a major update of the game!

Cover for recon vehicles

Wait that didn't exist b4?  Russia could do it b4... That's not an update!  Just cuz now the other factions can do it means what?  So essentially this was something to help other factions and not the Russian faction... OK I guess?

Sound occlusion system

Sorry to tell you this RETO but you had it b4... Maybe not as intense as it is now but you had it before.  And to all the other people who are going to be commenting on this forum... If you were lagging b4 when a plane flew over you how much of a lag do you think you are going to have now as this is prolly going to lag you even more.  Not to mention that because this new feature it is prolly going to lag everyone all the time when people are close to you and shooting... This feature is nice in theory but not needed to the game.

care package bundle

WOW 125k credits for 1 day vet membership?  Seriously?  membership usually is 76k.. new pistol is 25k.. med kits are 9k wrench is 30k...and that is if you need the wrench on that character.  So really the new care package is a waste to anyone who has been playin for the last 3 months.  Who is this package for?

So my end thoughts about this new update that we have been waiting for, for the last 2 months is a fail.  Just like your UI update that you came out with last 1.06.1 and realized that after everyone on the forums complained about it you had to quickly change it so you wouldn't lose your entire fan base of your game.

FAIL FAIL FAIL! 

Lets see what you come out with in a few months to fix this pathetic update!

Vudu_guy    1,545

After the update i find the rts map slow like hell, its almost impossible to move AT and even move the map around! 

User1325    14

You tried to hide the main message in a wall of text so it's not obvious... you are angry that mother russia has not received shiny new stuff... What is the matter, can't you decide between DP28, AVS, PPS 43, PPSH? Are you tired of these weapons comrade? Try the german side where you either go STG for mid range and get destroyed in CQB, or the MP40 and then lose at mid range, while SU weapons are good on both categories. All you know to do is whine, whine, whine. You dont like free stuff? Go play something else, blow off some steam and then come back. You are not happy? Rinse and repeat. Jesus...

Edited

flakpanzer    224
9 minutes ago, User1325 said:

You tried to hide the main message in a wall of text so it's not obvious... you are angry that mother russia has not received shiny new stuff... What is the matter, can't you decide between DP28, AVS, PPS 43, PPSH? Are you tired of these weapons comrade? Try the german side where you either go STG for mid range and get destroyed in CQB, or the MP40 and then lose at mid range, while SU weapons are good on both categories. All you know to do is whine, whine, whine. You dont like free stuff? Go play something else, blow off some steam and then come back. You are not happy? Rinse and repeat. Jesus...

not saying that at all... Just can't tell me that the greatest hype that we get with this new update is pocket pistol... And not to mention but that is not all I'm commenting about on the patch ... I commented on all of the garbage they put out on it!

SilvaRodrigo    1,075
Spoiler
17 minutes ago, flakpanzer said:

OK here are my thoughts on this update.

Outright pathetic!!!!

You have to be kidding me that we all waited 2 months for this crap!  Really reto what did you do take a 2 month vacation from the game to put out an update that you all thought about it over the weekend?  Pocket pistols????  Nobody cares for it!

Russians have been waiting for some sort of gun like an LMG or tank to balance out the game a bit.  We have been with the same types of weapons since the release of the soviet union.  Hell the dp 28 has been out even b4 the Russian faction even came out.  Time for a new weapon for the Russians.

On the casing issue...

WOW... new case system for all the guns?  We had that b4 on the last patch... only difference on this new patch is that now the casings go everywhere instead of just out to the side.  Who thought about that?  I don't even think that the guns behaved like that.  No gun manufacture makes casings to fly in your face...

Sprinting and melee...

Could be interesting if you use a melee weapon.  But seriously... that could just be put in as a tweak of the game... not something major !

Healing of the person

Now this is a cool feature of the game.  I think that this is a good feature that you are adding.  To many times I'm tryin to heal a friend and they just run off.  Whistling at the person tryin to get there attention as to what I'm tryin to do for them.

Running feature

Wow who thought about this idea?  Making it go from just running in general to oh... lets put the gun to be in the down position.  Come on you can't be serious that this is a major update of the game!

Cover for recon vehicles

Wait that didn't exist b4?  Russia could do it b4... That's not an update!  Just cuz now the other factions can do it means what?  So essentially this was something to help other factions and not the Russian faction... OK I guess?

Sound occlusion system

Sorry to tell you this RETO but you had it b4... Maybe not as intense as it is now but you had it before.  And to all the other people who are going to be commenting on this forum... If you were lagging b4 when a plane flew over you how much of a lag do you think you are going to have now as this is prolly going to lag you even more.  Not to mention that because this new feature it is prolly going to lag everyone all the time when people are close to you and shooting... This feature is nice in theory but not needed to the game.

care package bundle

WOW 125k credits for 1 day vet membership?  Seriously?  membership usually is 76k.. new pistol is 25k.. med kits are 9k wrench is 30k...and that is if you need the wrench on that character.  So really the new care package is a waste to anyone who has been playin for the last 3 months.  Who is this package for?

So my end thoughts about this new update that we have been waiting for, for the last 2 months is a fail.  Just like your UI update that you came out with last 1.06.1 and realized that after everyone on the forums complained about it you had to quickly change it so you wouldn't lose your entire fan base of your game.

FAIL FAIL FAIL! 

Lets see what you come out with in a few months to fix this pathetic update!

Shh, 

Just want to discuss this:

19 minutes ago, flakpanzer said:

Cover for recon vehicles

What's bad about it? We, both germans and americans, were easily killed through the IFVs windows, now it's harder. 

JohanC1.    803

Pistols are nice addition.

Sound is awfull now. Absolutely terrible. Guns shots sounds like miles away even if they are 20 meters away. Not to mention the pot like sound effect.

Edited

Vudu_guy    1,545
1 minute ago, JohanC1. said:

Pistols are nice addition.

Sound is awfull now. Absolutely terrible.

Yeah, i though it will help to identify more clearly the source of a sound, but now a dude can stand 2m next to me and i think he is far away....

And not to mention its now harder to be in a tank and try to find another tank just by their engine sound.  

flakpanzer    224
10 minutes ago, SilvaRodrigo said:
  Hide contents

Shh, 

Just want to discuss this:

What's bad about it? We, both germans and americans, were easily killed through the IFVs windows, now it's harder. 

its not something major... a small tweak of the game at best.  I mean its a feature that should have been in the game from day 1!

I can't tell enemies shooting right next to me from enemies shooting 100-150 meters away. The new sounds are sooooooo bad

TwoTapes    232
1 hour ago, User1325 said:

User1325, scared to actually reply with your main account... OK then.  Well you must not know jack shh about much in this game, hence why you choose to stay anonymous. Pps43, ppsh are smgs, in case you didn't know, they don't do medium range.  And ppsh is complete garbage.  Pps is a good smg, but still far behind mp40 or Thompson.  Here's the deal, when I run with the pps and I see an mp40 or Thompson on the ground, I pick it up... When I'm playing with mp40 and see pps or ppsh on ground... It stays on the ground. mp 34 is a very good LMG. I run it on two characters, much smoother than the DP... There really is no comparison in weapons with the soviets and the other two factions.  Soviets have sat at the bottom since introduction.....

ska_    114

the gunsound farer away is too muffled. Inside builds too low. The new pistols are great. What about mysterious STG left/right recoil - what too sy mysterious ? I dont know

MkPvP14    123

Gun sound are awesome :D ı love pistols

Edited
Corrected due to error

Krlutin    1,171
2 minutes ago, flakpanzer said:

Wait Wait GREAT HNG HYPE We all get Pocket F**king Pistols now cuz that's what we needed in the game.  That is what the community is asking for.

So pathetic!

Far as ive seen, f2p games dont revolve around community wishes my man.

That right there is the hard truth.

We all knew what we are getting into when we installed, no going back now.

Its just a matter of accepting that truth and playing on with whatever you get from the devs, or leaving the game for good, because it will never revolve around what the community wants.

3 hours ago, Krlutin said:

Far as ive seen, f2p games dont revolve around community wishes my man.

That right there is the hard truth.

We all knew what we are getting into when we installed, no going back now.

Its just a matter of accepting that truth and playing on with whatever you get from the devs, or leaving the game for good, because it will never revolve around what the community wants.

dude just take a look at world of tanks a game is nothing without it's community whether they want to listen to them or not

User1325    14
5 hours ago, TwoTapes said:

User1325, scared to actually reply with your main account... OK then.  Well you must not know jack shh about much in this game, hence why you choose to stay anonymous. Pps43, ppsh are smgs, in case you didn't know, they don't do medium range.  And ppsh is complete garbage.  Pps is a good smg, but still far behind mp40 or Thompson.  Here's the deal, when I run with the pps and I see an mp40 or Thompson on the ground, I pick it up... When I'm playing with mp40 and see pps or ppsh on ground... It stays on the ground. mp 34 is a very good LMG. I run it on two characters, much smoother than the DP... There really is no comparison in weapons with the soviets and the other two factions.  Soviets have sat at the bottom since introduction.....

My name on the forum was chosen randomly so people like you wont message me in-game with random hate reasons. Now for the second part i have somewhere around 1000 hours in the game. I know every weapon, tank, plane, vehicle. I am playing mosly GE (i have almost everything the faction has to offer) and sometimes i go with one US soldier to get WF since i dont play with veteran. Now for your thing with the weapons. Most of the gunfights are at close range where smg are the best. Dont give me the MP40>PPSH thing because is baseball... 32>71 (where ppsh has more fire rate...) i mean come on... and on the medium range the AVS and DP are doing their job better than the STG. So stop complaining.

RZ2000    1,026
3 minutes ago, User1325 said:

My name on the forum was chosen randomly so people like you wont message me in-game with random hate reasons. Now for the second part i have somewhere around 1000 hours in the game. I know every weapon, tank, plane, vehicle. I am playing mosly GE (i have almost everything the faction has to offer) and sometimes i go with one US soldier to get WF since i dont play with veteran. Now for your thing with the weapons. Most of the gunfights are at close range where smg are the best. Dont give me the MP40>PPSH thing because is baseball... 32>71 (where ppsh has more fire rate...) i mean come on... and on the medium range the AVS and DP are doing their job better than the STG. So stop complaining.

I agree. Nothing clears houses better than PPSH