Reto.Circinus

Update 1.07 - Care Package

Reto.Circinus    1,639

Due to the new update, the war has been ended.

CHANGELOG

Weapons & Vehicles

• Added new German tier 1 Pistol ‘Model 1934’
    • Unlocks at Tactical Ribbon grade 1
    • For Pilots it unlocks at Ground Support Ribbon grade 6
  • Added new Soviet Union tier 1 Pistol ‘Korovin TK’
  • Added new United States tier 1 Pistol ‘1903 Pocket Hammerless’
  • Moved the old tier 1 pistols to Handgun Ribbon grade 5
  • Buffed damage at range for Tula Tokarev 33
  • Improved Melee Combat:
    • Better melee precision when attacking
    • Melee while sprinting and jumping now doesn’t slow you down anymore
  • You can now use ‘cover’ (default key ‘ctrl’) in all four Recon vehicles
  • Added new casing system
    • New cartridges and ejecting casings added on all weapons
    • You will now see the omitted casings from other players again
  • Heavy fighters has less drift (losing less velocity during turns) - they are now more equal in that regard
  • Vehicle horn sounds can now be heard by everyone again
  • Better precision when placing Magnet Mines
  • Updated the vehicle shader on the German Medium Tank Panther and the United States heavy tank Jumbo Sherman
  • The M1M2 Carbine magazines now show bullets in them when putting in a new magazine
  • Fixed missing tank shell explosion sound occlusion
  • Fixed default ammo equipping on slot 2 instead of 1 for vehicles with multiple ammo slots
  • Freecam on the plane no longer allows you to look below the ground
  • Headshots now have a x5 damage multiplier

General Action Game changes

• Increased sound fidelity
  • Added new sound occlusion system
    • The improved sound system creates a better difference between inhouse shooting and open area shooting. This results in shooting behind objects from your point of view will sound different and more muffled.
  • Fixed doppler effect not working for planes
  • Feedback to the player being healed (UI + AUDIO)
  • Buffed Medic Ribbon experience gain
  • Better visual difference (1st person especially) between Running and Sprinting with improved weapon holds
  • Objective icon improvements
  • Fixed paratrooper plane experience gain
  • Planes no longer deploy at the same spawn point when deploying at the same time (it will now correctly divide the planes over the various deploy locations)
  • Fixed displayed kill source when placed mines killed another player when the player who placed the mine is in a vehicle
  • Fixed sometimes invisible wheat fields when looking through the 8x scope
  • Fixed large bullet offset when shooting and moving sideways with Semi-Automatic Rifles

Maps

• Medium French Village:
    • Fixed flickering white texture on FenceGateA (among other places seen on C4)
    • Fixed a gap in the wall just below the red stairs towards Police Station
    • Fixed gaps in doorframe church towers
  • Factory:
    • Removed the small destructible trees
    • Fixed tree growing in B3 objective
  • Mountain Town:
    • Fixed gaps in wall at A2 Mountain Town
    • Fixed gaps under pavement in D2 Mountain Town
  • Forward Airfield:
    • Fixed Hinge floating in the air on O1
    • Fixed hovering crates by O3
  • Village Skirmish:
    • Fixed hovering objects on the southern deploy zone
    • Fixed drain pipe not being attached to house on O2
  • Hill Skirmish
    • Fixed bush inside house at deploy zone A
  • Encounter Depot
    • You now deploy in the correct direction

War Map

• Added airfields around Istanbul
  • Added airfields around Sevastopol
  • Fixed access point setup issue with Sant’Agata del Bianco and Libourne. They can now be correctly played.
  • Fixed Assault Teams being sent on a line where there are also enemy Assault Teams, the ownership of the line would not correctly transfer to the attacker

Other

• Displayed RPM values shown in the client are now correct for all weapons. There is no change in the action game
  • Added Combat Badge to Soldier front page
  • Image size fix for the PPsh 41 images
  • Players queueing for lower tier missions are now told they are not eligible for that mission
  • Players are now bumped to the tier required when queueing for a specific mission
  • ‘Queue on Friends’ no longer works to enter battles for the wrong faction
  • Fixed broken duration days for Warbonds
  • Fixed incorrect shown expiration dates for Warbonds
  • Fixed dragging a weapon onto the locked 4th slot would equip it at slot 3

Known Issues

• Wrong chat channel is being highlighted after being auto-moved to the Squad Chat
  • Transparent dark layer is rendered on top of the soldier’s finger when looking at the in-game map
  • The soldier’s left hand clips into the right hand when dropping a picked up weapon
  • In the ‘Upgrade Vehicle’ window weapon modification markers are swapped around for some vehicles

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2017/05/update-1-07-care-package/

kunalp    1,161
5 minutes ago, Reto.Circinus said:

Headshots now have a x5 damage multiplier

So Grease gun, m1m2 and PPS can do 1HK headshots with stock bullets? Nice:D

7 minutes ago, Reto.Circinus said:

Fixed displayed kill source when placed mines killed another player when the player who placed the mine is in a vehicle

That's why it showed I was killed by a gaz when it was an AT mine.

14 minutes ago, Reto.Circinus said:

‘Queue on Friends’ no longer works to enter battles for the wrong faction

Why was this change done? It was very useful to play vs friends in staged or find where friends (in enemy clans) are playing so that we can join against them. Don't tell me this was done to prevent 'stream sniping' for twitch streamers (which is like 1% of the playerbase).

Reto.Circinus    1,639

Why was this change done? It was very useful to play vs friends in staged or find where friends (in enemy clans) are playing so that we can join against them. Don't tell me this was done to prevent 'stream sniping' for twitch streamers (which is like 1% of the playerbase).

I have edited that in the original post - This was a bug / exploit on war missions. So for staged it's still possible. Sorry for the confusion.

Wobix    243
1 minute ago, hectorhfm said:

"Headshots now have a x5 damage multiplier"

giphy.gif?response_id=5922ec78a8cc6ec93c

the community sure asked for the 5x damage multiplier

BlaineUK    171
12 minutes ago, Reto.Circinus said:

Perhaps now more than ever we need to separate headshot multipliers and set fully-automatic weapons to x2 and everything else x5; I get this was only done for pocket pistols, but the biggest impact comes from the change to how automatics will play at longer ranges as it will result in more one shot luck kills, which I've seen a lot of complaints about. We should be rewarding skill over rewarding luck, in my view, as it can be incredibly annoying. Many people were calling for a reduction in the headshot multiplier to stop fully-automatic luck kills at distance but still obviously keep the precision weapons as one shot killers to reward good aim.

-Ger-Schilli    899
28 minutes ago, Reto.Circinus said:
  • Headshots now have a x5 damage multiplier

Many complaints about random instant headshots, increases the head multiplier from 4 to 5 to makre sure to that every gun can now do that game breaking mechanic.

Holy jesus....

7 minutes ago, hectorhfm said:

giphy.gif?response_id=5922ec78a8cc6ec93c

Edited

Nace    344
2 minutes ago, -Ger-Schilli said:

Many complaints about random instant headshots, increases the head multiplier from 4 to 5 to makre sure to that every gun can now do that game breaking mechanic.

Holy jesus....

Lets just hope that this means the Removal of RNG in the Future!

oh wait it's still H&G... :/

Edited

Fegaris    1,723

Nice...so now with that HS multiplier, i can throw totaly STG into corn fields and just play Mp40..

-[Houndz]-    637
29 minutes ago, Reto.Circinus said:

Was the guy in charge of the balance drunk? Wheres StG damage/percision buff? Wheres PPS buff to make it balanced with MP40? And what about M1 Carbine buffing since that thing is worse than pistol and has more equipment points? And lets not talk about Johnson thats superior to both AVS and StG while also having 1 equipment point less for some reason.

3 minutes ago, -Ger-Schilli said:

Holy jesus....

I thought you liked Adams RNG recoil LOL!!!

GermanSoldier    3,792
37 minutes ago, Reto.Circinus said:

Let the pocket pistol headshot madness commence 

srsly, Y THOUGH 

yiNMastaH    212

Well what to say..

I guess all the requested changes (referring to the numerous top 5 negative surveys) to the game will come in the next build instead then? 

-Ger-Schilli    899
11 minutes ago, BlaineUK said:

Perhaps now more than ever we need to separate headshot multipliers and set fully-automatic weapons to x2 and everything else x5; I get this was only done for pocket pistols, but the biggest impact comes from the change to how automatics will play at longer ranges as it will result in more one shot luck kills, which I've seen a lot of complaints about. We should be rewarding skill over rewarding luck, in my view, as it can be incredibly annoying. Many people were calling for a reduction in the headshot multiplier to stop fully-automatic luck kills at distance but still obviously keep the precision weapons as one shot killers to reward good aim.

true story

Just now, -[Houndz]- said:

Was the guy in charge of the balance drunk? Wheres StG damage/percision buff? Wheres PPS buff to make it balanced with MP40? And what about M1 Carbine buffing since that thing is worse than pistol and has more equipment points? And lets not talk about Johnson thats superior to both AVS and StG while also having 1 equipment point less for some reason.

I thought you liked Adams RNG recoil LOL!!!

I never said that I disliked it, but I expected them to be more "foreseen" but apparently I was wrong.lol

Binson    984

"

• Fixed large bullet offset when shooting and moving sideways with Semi-Automatic Rifles"

Would you mind explaining what that means?  So, they are more accurate while strafing now?  No need to stop to shoot accurately?

We will see about the x5 HS multiplier.  But, I think @BlaineUK hit it on the head (pun intended?) :P

Zwiebelsalat    616
5 minutes ago, yiNMastaH said:

Well what to say..

I guess all the requested changes (referring to the numerous top 5 negative surveys) to the game will come in the next build instead then?

Probably filed under Bipods.

Reto.Circinus    1,639
5 minutes ago, Binson said:

"

• Fixed large bullet offset when shooting and moving sideways with Semi-Automatic Rifles"

Would you mind explaining what that means?  So, they are more accurate while strafing now?  No need to stop to shoot accurately?

We will see about the x5 HS multiplier.  But, I think @BlaineUK hit it on the head (pun intended?) :P

There was a huge difference in client perceived bullet location and server perceived bullet location. This has been fixed so it should not be crazy madness anymore when walking sideways and firing. (So in short, a hit detection fix)

PaveMentman    73

---

To all "complaining" about increased headshot-damage, you're conveniently ignoring about two things:

1. Everything in this game (and to many extends, in real-life too) has a damage-fall-off over longer distances. Meaning longer the distance, the lower is the damage.

2. "Weight" of flying objects

Force = Mass x Acceleration (deceleration)

(( The above is just a random formula I found on the related topic. ))

Basically regardless the size of the object, if it goes fast enough and hits your vital organs (E.G. brain(s) in case of forehead), you're most likely gonna get killed, even if it was a flower-petal ( a very stiff and hard one that is ).

This is also why should not have loose items while driving a car, for example. Because even the lightest of object (especially mobile-telephones weight like 100-grams) will become a (even more) deadly projectile (like that 100-grams turning into like +10-kilograms object, temporarily, but it's still an equivalent weighting object regardless for that moment ).

And before you say "but the soldiers have helmets".

1. Only the infantry (and yank-recons) have metallic-helmet.

2. It's not no-way protecting from a direct-shots; they can ricochet some "In-direct"-shots and maybe some shrapnel. But otherwise they're not (even meant to?) protect from "piercing"; blunt and to some extend slashing-damage sure just like safety-helmets also already do (both for sports and engineering).

But to have a piercing-protection, well, you'd first would need to invent more light-weight helmet to begin with enough density to protect from punctures. 

---

---

---

Edited

-Ger-Schilli    899
8 minutes ago, PaveMentman said:
Spoiler

---

To all "complaining" about increased headshot-damage, you're conveniently ignoring about two things:

1. Everything in this game (and to many extends, in real-life too) has a damage-fall-off over longer distances. Meaning longer the distance, the lower is the damage.

2. "Weight" of flying objects

Force = Mass x Acceleration (deceleration)

(( The above is just a random formula I found on the related topic. ))

Basically regardless the size of the object, if it goes fast enough and hits your vital organs (E.G. brain(s) in case of forehead), you're most likely gonna get killed, even if it was a flower-petal ( a very stiff and hard one that is ).

This is also why should not have loose items while driving a car, for example. Because even the lightest of object (especially mobile-telephones weight like 100-grams) will become a (even more) deadly projectile (like that 100-grams turning into like +10-kilograms object, temporarily, but it's still an equivalent weighting object regardless for that moment ).

And before you say "but the soldiers have helmets".

1. Only the infantry (and yank-recons) have metallic-helmet.

2. It's not no-way protecting from a direct-shots; they can ricochet some "In-direct"-shots and maybe some shrapnel. But otherwise they're not (even meant to?) protect from "piercing"; blunt and to some extend slashing-damage sure just like safety-helmets also already do (both for sports and engineering).

But to have a piercing-protection, well, you'd first would need to invent more light-weight helmet to begin with enough density to protect from punctures. 

---

---

---

And still this is an arcade game and not a simulation game, but I get where you wanted to go.

Edited