Reto.Robotron3000

Korovin TK - A new Pistol coming for Soviet soldiers

Reto.Robotron3000    1,118

In the next update 1.07 'Care Package' we are releasing three new pistols, one for each faction. These pistols are noted for their small size making them useful for, and available to, all soldiers as backup weapons!
As a Soviet soldier you will get access to the Korovin TK.

How do I get one?

The Korovin TK unlocks at the Tactical Ribbon first grade for infantry, recon, tankers and paratroopers, and with the Ground Support ribbon, grade 6, for pilots.
A lot of your soldiers will have room for this weapon in their loadout as it only takes 1 equipment point.

Why should I get one?

Generally the small pocket type pistols use weaker and smaller calibre bullets than the larger pistols, but they still give adequate damage on close and very close range, making them work really well as a backup weapon or as an alternative to carrying a combat knife or bayonet.
The pistol does 1-hit kills with headshots and is rather quick to bring back on target for follow-up shots. Reload times are similar to other pistols, so in the big picture they cost the same equipment points as a knife, but have much greater range than knives. Knives are silent but more difficult to do followup attacks with, should your first one not have the desired effect.

What about the other factions?

All three factions will get a new pistol - The Korovin TK for the Soviets, the M1934 pistol for the Germans, and the M1903 Pocket Hammerless for the players fighting for the United States!

Historical background

The TK (Tula, Korovin - designed by Sergey Korovin made in Tula) pistol was one of the first effective Soviet-made semiautomatic pistols. Based on an earlier complicated and heavy pistol, Korovin developed the 6.35 mm (.25 ACP) Korovin TK from a request by the Dinamo sport organization. Most TK pistols were either issued as self-defence weapons for high-ranking officers of the Red Army or high-ranking officials of the Soviet government. TK pistol is blowback operated pistol. Trigger is of single action type, striker fired. Manual safety is located on the left side of the frame, above the trigger. The magazine is single stack, magazine release is located at the bottom of the grip.

Korovin-TK_VM.jpg

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2017/05/korovin-tk-a-new-pistol-coming-for-soviet-soldiers/

Atruta    135

Rendered images for Flash client UI were in game folders 2 months ago. 9_9

Champi0n    433

What about the vehcile skins? Those are in the game folder for 2 months too.

Already have pictures of every skin for every vehicle in the game folder, what's up with those?

Atruta    135
1 hour ago, Champi0n said:

Already have pictures of every skin for every vehicle in the game folder, what's up with those?

Skins were ready even few months before.

I think in 2016 they patched files by mistake and those skins leaked for public. I remember people buyed them and RETO decide to remove it without refunding. Might be wrong with refunding but I really don't track or hunt their mistakes...

For some time I have theory they have "things" ready for many, many future patche. They don't give it all because every patch have potential chance to bring old players even for a moment. Which is good for steam charts & PR : "game isn't dead, we constantly adding something". I wonder what they do in their spare time because I won't believe it takes 2 months to test and do sounds for 3 already ready models.

Edited

TheIthuriel    805
3 hours ago, Atruta said:

Skins were ready even few months before.

I think in 2016 they patched files by mistake and those skins leaked for public. I remember people buyed them and RETO decide to remove it without refunding. Might be wrong with refunding but I really don't track or hunt their mistakes...

I got my money refunded afaik, after I bought the Sd.Kfz.251 skin

Westonro    85

Will the tier 1 "normal-sized" pistols (C96, TT33, 1911) be moved onto the Handgun Assault ribbon, or stay on Tactical?

SK1M3R    1,288
21 minutes ago, Westonro said:

Will the tier 1 "normal-sized" pistols (C96, TT33, 1911) be moved onto the Handgun Assault ribbon, or stay on Tactical?

in the test server they were in the handgun assault ribbon, in silver 1 if I remember well.

BroskyBro    2,685
1 hour ago, Rocket101 said:

I hope this doesn't make melee weapons useless.

From what I have seen they are 5hk to HSG with a low ROF. Unless this is changed, melees will actually be much stronger. I would like for the pistols to be a solid 4hk to HSG up to 10m at least, this is just too weak.

guncolony.com    533

The pistol does 1-hit kills with headshots and is rather quick to bring back on target for follow-up shots.

No, the TK does NOT 1 hit headshot without modifications. Even against enemies WITHOUT heavy set. This weapon is just so useless it's ridiculous, even compared to the new pistols of the other factions. Lower damage per shot means lower damage per magazine, which is very important for small sidearms.

21 hours ago, BroskyBro said:

Unless this is changed, melees will actually be much stronger.

Meeles are louder than a tank. Even my soldie rmakes less noise (running through the whole house) than my knife.

10 hours ago, edgsyd said:

WOWWWW so much hype, discover each day one new useless handgun , each one being 2 months old. Thank you so much Reto.Lazy !

And what about new maps, game modes, or maybe also new maps ?

Pls no maps. The sovjet maps were already bad. Reto should rather overwork old maps 'cause we have enough problems with these maps (hills, forrests, not enough houses or special buildings, stones, protection against bushwookies and spawnrapers...)

Edited

edgsyd    66
9 hours ago, Captain-Sebekel said:

Pls no maps. The sovjet maps were already bad. Reto should rather overwork old maps 'cause we have enough problems with these maps (hills, forrests, not enough houses or special buildings, stones, protection against bushwookies and spawnrapers...)

Indeed but those problems are related to the core gameplay. Tanks should not be nerfed but have less visibility (so yes that's a map problem), and AT infantry BS should be nerfed in a way (so they can add more cover)

McRoth    263

i saw the stream when u guys introduced the new handguns. and the first think i asked myself was. do you really need both hands to hold those tiny guns. in my opinion it makes more sense to use these guns only one handed. even when aiming with it. 

Reto.Robotron3000    1,118
16 hours ago, guncolony.com said:

No, the TK does NOT 1 hit headshot without modifications. Even against enemies WITHOUT heavy set. This weapon is just so useless it's ridiculous, even compared to the new pistols of the other factions. Lower damage per shot means lower damage per magazine, which is very important for small sidearms.

Just had QA confirm: 

Korovin TK does 1 hit headshots to a range of 20 meters without any upgrades. 

Ajaxdotter    55

Maybe those pocket pistols seem useless at first but its a good addition for recon class or paras with SA rifle. The sound is awesome btw

Toxa31    0
On 17.05.2017 at 3:11 PM, Reto.Robotron3000 said:

В следующем обновлении 1,07 «Care Package» мы выпускаем три новых пистолетов, по одному для каждой фракции. Эти пистолеты отмечены за их небольшой размер делают их полезными для, и доступны для всех, солдат в качестве резервного оружия!
Как советский солдат , вы получите доступ к Коровиному ТЗУ.

Как получить?

Коровина ТК разблокирует на Tactical ленты первого класса для пехоты, Recon, танкеров и десантников, и с лентой поддержки заземления, класс 6, для пилотов.
Многие из ваших солдат будут иметь место для этого оружия в их Loadout , как это займет всего 1 очко оборудования.

Почему я должен получить один?

Как правило , небольшие пистолеты ковшовые использовать слабее и меньше пуль калибра , чем крупные пистолетами, но они все еще дают адекватный урон близко и очень близкого расстояния, что делает их действительно хорошо работают в качестве резервного оружия или в качестве альтернативы проведения боевой нож или штык ,
Пистолет делает 1-удар убивает выстрелом в голову и довольно быстро вернуть на цели для последующих выстрелов. Перезагрузить раз похожи на другие пистолеты, так что по большому счету они стоят одни и те же точки оборудования , как нож, но имеют гораздо больший диапазон , чем ножи. Ножи молчат , но более трудно сделать прослеживание атаки с, если вашим первым не иметь желаемый эффект.

А как насчет других фракций?

Все три фракций получат новый пистолет - The Коровин TK для Советов, пистолет M1934 для немцев, и M1903 карманного Hammerless для игроков, борющихся за США!

Историческое прошлое

ТК (Тула, Коровин - спроектированный Сергей Коровин сделал в Туле) пистолет был один из первых эффективных советского производства полуавтоматических пистолетов. На основе ранее сложного и тяжелого пистолета, Коровин разработал 6,35 мм (.25 ACP) Коровин ТЗ с просьбой спортивной организации Динамо. Большинство ОК Пистолеты были либо выпущены в качестве оружия самообороны для высокопоставленных офицеров Красной Армии или высокопоставленных чиновников советского правительства. TK пистолет со свободным затвором пистолета. Триггер одинарного действия, нападающий выстрелил. Ручной предохранитель расположен на левой стороне рамки, над спусковым крючком. Журнал один стек, выпуск журнала находится в нижней части рукоятки.

Коровин-TK_VM.jpg

Оригинальное сообщение: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2017/05/korovin-tk-a-new-pistol-coming-for-soviet-soldiers/

Call911    102
On 19/5/2017 at 11:09 AM, Reto.Robotron3000 said:

Just had QA confirm: 

Korovin TK does 1 hit headshots to a range of 20 meters without any upgrades. 

does this also apply to people using Heavy Set?

and do headshots still have the x4 pultiplier?

and is it correct that the tt-33 is the only pistol that does not 1 hit headshots to people with heavy set gold?

SK1M3R    1,288
6 hours ago, Call911 said:

does this also apply to people using Heavy Set?

no, the TK only deals  of damage exactly in stock.

Call911    102
5 hours ago, SK1M3R said:

no, the TK only deals  of damage exactly in stock.

so against heavy set gold still a 5HK like the current tier 1 pistol