bacondragon7

Ping Issues

Starting Thursday or Friday (I think Friday), all of a sudden I've been getting terrible ping. I understand you can join servers and get bad ping. However, out of all the months I've played I've never had ping this bad. Also it doesn't make sense for it to happen out of the blue, as there has been no changes to my computer since.

The issue, whenever I join a match my ping starts at around 70-120, then all a sudden it jumps to a random number such as, 270, 460, 670, 780, 950, 1000 (waiting to go over 9000 now). Now no matter what the leaderboard ping says I'm at, it could be 2 bars or 4 bars it doesn't make a difference to the issue. The ping is still the same. I've tried staged, and war games with no change. I've tried my pilot, tanker, paratrooper, and infantry, all still no change.

I've validated Heroes and Generals on steam, and it validated almost 6,000 files. This did not fix the issue. I've closed all other applications, this does not fix the issue. I've looked to make sure other things are not secretly running, this does not fix the issue.

Other online games I've played fine with no ping/lag issues:

Gmod (Server with 100 players average), Hearts of Iron IV, GTA V online, World of Warships, CSGO. Other games I've played also with no lag but single player, Stellaris, Fallout 4. I've also downloaded games during this issue and the download speed was normal. CSGO, Stellaris Utopia, Heroes and Generals when I validated to try to fix. They all downloaded at normal speeds. My best guess is the issue is somewhere with the game itself, maybe my connection to the game servers or something. I've also been on teamspeak during these high ping/lag issues and talking with other players and there is no audio lag in teamspeak, only lag with the game itself.

Computer specs: ASUS, Nvidia GTX 965m, Intel core 7-(6700HQ CPU @2.60GHz, 2.59 GHz), 12.0 GB RAM, 64 bit.

Since the last issue I had with crashing I updated all my drivers a couple weeks ago or more, and that seemed to fix the crashing issue for the most part (Well no drivers needed updating, but I reinstalled my graphics and audio cards).

If you need more information let me know, there is no crashing ingame just terrible lag so I don't get a crash report or anything.

QuarX    318

Uuuhh Network troubles o.O

You need to understand that network traffic uses differend level/streams (protocols and ports) that is why you don't see any trouble by using one program (i.e Teamspeak) but you can have huge issues with others.

Programs like Teamspeak are made to be used along with games and not interfere with their network traffic so they use another level/stream for their data packets so as long you have enough bandwith you shouldn't have any problems using them.

Net codes in MMOS like Gmod, Hearts of Iron IV, GTA V online, World of Warships using so called "network compensation" so everyone can have fun even if their connection is crap.

The net code of Heroes & Generals has some "network compensation" but very little tolerance.

Bad for people with network problems but on the other hand good to notice that you have an issue with your network traffic.

About your problem.

First indication for network trouble is in the upper right corner your ping indicator (F7)... if it jumps from e.g. 24ms to 40ms ...thats normal ... if it nervously jumps up and down in higher numbers i.e. 80ms to 160 you'r in trouble.

Please press F6 during a match and have a look for packet loss

jKZ97uK.png

BTW The net-bar on the bottom shows you the network compensation attempt by the game when it turns red the net code of the game can't help you anymore

If you see that you have packet loss please follow this tutorial on how to fix it.

http://www.techfleece.com/2011/03/10/how-to-check-for-packet-loss-between-your-router-and-computer-connection/

7 hours ago, QuarX said:

Uuuhh Network troubles o.O

You need to understand that network traffic uses differend level/streams (protocols and ports) that is why you don't see any trouble by using one program (i.e Teamspeak) but you can have huge issues with others.

Programs like Teamspeak are made to be used along with games and not interfere with their network traffic so they use another level/stream for their data packets so as long you have enough bandwith you shouldn't have any problems using them.

Net codes in MMOS like Gmod, Hearts of Iron IV, GTA V online, World of Warships using so called "network compensation" so everyone can have fun even if their connection is crap.

The net code of Heroes & Generals has some "network compensation" but very little tolerance.

Bad for people with network problems but on the other hand good to notice that you have an issue with your network traffic.

About your problem.

First indication for network trouble is in the upper right corner your ping indicator (F7)... if it jumps from e.g. 24ms to 40ms ...thats normal ... if it nervously jumps up and down in higher numbers i.e. 80ms to 160 you'r in trouble.

Please press F6 during a match and have a look for packet loss

jKZ97uK.png

BTW The net-bar on the bottom shows you the network compensation attempt by the game when it turns red the net code of the game can't help you anymore

If you see that you have packet loss please follow this tutorial on how to fix it.

http://www.techfleece.com/2011/03/10/how-to-check-for-packet-loss-between-your-router-and-computer-connection/

Hm well I got on today and no ping issues so far. We had our internet service changed and they buried the cable yesterday finally-the one that went outside. But after that it still had an issue running yesterday when they did that. Unless it was something with the cable needing to set. I've only had two battles but a normal ping for them. I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days and let you know if it goes back to how it was before.

OddBall06    691

i face the same problem.. very odd. when pinging the server, my ping is normal. ingame it's really high.

the game info:

/M 4992323938860977860 /P 1609453785987707303 /W 37.48.111.86:15130 /lang en /NOSERVER /H 0 /PS 6984577462951139318 /V 131232 /R "ircserver=37.48.111.70:16667" /R "chatp=6984577462951139318::CpHSn0Z+dvZYB/lCzgHW7Z2XPcI" /R "sync.delayShow=1" /R "actionhost=109.200.196.5:16574" /R "useDX12=1"

bHnqYDz.png

SAZlKVL.png

Edited

QuarX    318

I see what you did there :)

There is one issue with the original ping utility its only intended to use Transmission Control Protocol, or TCP.

The game uses the User Datagram Protocol, or UDP, for its data traffic.

You can only ping servers like this with special programs like Network Mapper

Your match took place on a server located at Zuid-Holland, Rotterdam, Netherlands so if you live nearby and still got this bad ping you have some trouble.

BUUURN2    2

Interesting posts here.

But now we actually have a real issue with the PING. the values look "OK" (up to 100), but I get Spasm-lagg as well. Many in chat agree with me and they say it's since the last update.

Imo. that is a hard gameruiner.

It makes it really unplayable and engagements end mostly 50/50.

Is there any hope of changes?

Anybody knows anything about the reason and/or why that happens?