Forums closed, discord our new home! Read more... ×
Heroes & Generals
Sign in to follow this  
Reto.McFly

Update 1.06 'Basic Training’ is here!

Reto.McFly    844

With the release of the Update 1.06 'Basic Training’ we want to provide new players with an engaging and fun first time experience in Heroes & Generals – to give new players a fighting chance and an opportunity to learn the basics of the game by adding a tutorial and tutorial bots.
By adding these tutorial elements you as a veteran player will also benefit, as the new players will have a better grasp of the fundamentals of playing Heroes & Generals when they become part of your team.

Combat & Tactical training

New players are given four sets of tutorial tasks to complete that will help them learn the basics of the game. These task range from the pure basics such as moving your soldier and reloading your weapon to just as important tasks like using your map and picking up an enemy weapon.
When a player reaches Player Level 2 they graduate from Basic Training – this will happen after about four to five battles for most players.
Have a look at this blogpost, if you want to know more about the combat and tactical training.

Tutorial Bots

To get new players faster into battle and make them a bit easier to play we have added tutorial bots. When you as a new player enter into an encounter battle on the Depot map the servers will only wait for other human players a short time before It tops-up your team with tutorial bots. The enemy team will always consist of tutorial bots.
Have a look at this blogpost, if you want to know more about the Tutorial Bots.

Midweek deals

Wednesdays are just a little bit more fun than other days in Heroes & Generals because that is when we have our Midweek Deals. One day sales where you get a 25 % discount on some of the stuff you need in the game.
The next Midweek Deal is called ‘Garage Day’ – check in tomorrow to see what it is all about.

For a more detailed view of Update 1.06 'Basic Training’ take a look at this changelog.

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2017/04/update-1-06-basic-training-is-here/

cinko    78

This is already on? That was fast.

Edited

Sunis7    0

yes an other 1h down for fix...

thanks so much for making me wasting veteran booster ! amateurs :x

Call911    102
52 minutes ago, Sunis7 said:

stop being an amateur whiner

Veteran, boosters and more are stopped during server maintenance

after the fix they just continue where they left

Sunis7    0
39 minutes ago, call911 said:

Veteran, boosters and more are stopped during server maintenance

after the fix they just continue where they left

not at all there.

Call911    102
11 minutes ago, Sunis7 said:

not at all there.

they will take care off it, not for the time the game was broken probably

but they will for the time servers were down while they were trying to fix it.

Never heard of a problem with that, timers stop running when servers are out

WarDaemon    1,186
2 hours ago, Sunis7 said:

Guy burns a booster when it says right there on the client screen that the game is going down for an update in XX hours. You can blame only yourself.

Sir_Joje    182
3 hours ago, Sunis7 said:

Veteran memberships and boosters gets paused when servers are under maintenance.  

Edited

Champi0n    433

Why do i not see a training part where new players are thought how to destroy tanks, planes?

I still see newbies placing anti-vehicle mines indoors and throwing frag nades at tanks, shooting at planes with rifles and SMGs.

This 4-5 match training won't change on that and I'm pretty sure they know how to shoot, reload, exit capture zone, pick up enemy weapons.

Maybe a little showcasing presentation would be nice on loading screens to interactively tell new players how the assault gamemode works, even some daily tips would be nice in the loading screen which so many other games have.

BrandonSolo10    3,562
2 hours ago, phozporus said:

Stop adding useless updates. fix the main problems instead 

I wouldn't call it useless since we asked for tutorials, but underwhelming.

RZ2000    1,026
9 minutes ago, BrandonSolo10 said:

I wouldn't call it useless since we asked for tutorials, but underwhelming.

Not really... Honestly I don't care about content, just implementation and quality. If they dont break anything and introduce useful features then I'm all for it

ksmit    159

So update the training. try to help the new players out. good. you are going to need them.

Don't address the issue of ats and war funds at all.

Lets see do I deploy? If I deploy and don't use my ats I lose nothing. if I send them to the front to defend I will lose everything. Why, because they will be attacked until they morale out. If I send them on an assault, ok fine until they run out of morale. Then I need to pull them back because leaving them on a defense will result in lost morale.  If they morale out, I lose the resources even if they were untouched in battle. Lost resources is lost war funds.

On the flip side what is to stop a general like me from deploying stacks of 216 infantry to spam at every city on the map. not all of the battles will play. the ones that don't ar but will lose morale. stacks of 216 inf can morale out everything on the map. and they get destroyed? if 3k+inf and a mix of tanks are in a city they would laugh if 216 foot inf attack them 10 times, not surrender and die....

Fix the broken AT system and maybe vets will come back.

Maybe you want us gone. Seeing as how you are trying to improve the new player experience albeit poorly but it is a start.

GG Reto

Call911    102
2 hours ago, Champi0n said:

Why do i not see a training part where new players are thought how to destroy tanks, planes?

I still see newbies placing anti-vehicle mines indoors and throwing frag nades at tanks, shooting at planes with rifles and SMGs.

This 4-5 match training won't change on that and I'm pretty sure they know how to shoot, reload, exit capture zone, pick up enemy weapons.

Maybe a little showcasing presentation would be nice on loading screens to interactively tell new players how the assault gamemode works, even some daily tips would be nice in the loading screen which so many other games have.

you don't see it because it would be useless

If you need a training to know that tanks don't drive in houses you probably are to dumb to know how computers work anyway. (not meant personally)

Thing is: When you buy mines it says very clearly "anti-tank" or "anti-personnel"; same thing with AT grenades.

What's funny though is that you are specifically referring to veterans against noobs tactics:

Throwing grenades to tanks to lure them out... (the kling-kling sound or the explosions might do the trick)

Placing AT mines in doors so you can OHK entering people by shooting the mine... (since this is a grind game, try defending an objective with a 3HK bolt action)

Taking out (recon) planes with MG's... (AA's are placed on sh*tplaces for most attack lines.

True that a huge, big training would be nice (not only for new players) but as of now teamwork f.e. is more important and can't be learned by such mechanic.

It's the game that needs to balance some things, make adjustments, adress severe issues.

=> If there would be a very good plane tutorial, new players could buy a pilot and become very good very fast.

But in a 3 vs 1 factory battle as attacker you will never be able to land bombs or take down enemy pilots. So you will be shot down till you run out of planes and have to leave the match.

Standard infantry auxilary seats is a solution for this. No tutorial can help this guy. (who btw faces even bigger danger on the ground, equipped with only a shovel)

Stefix54    0

Hi there,

I have a problem with the task... I'm not a new player and I understant pretty good english but for some reason I still can't complete wasd task...

of corse I know how to walk but still the task won't complete..

Can u help me with that? How did u do it?

Edited

Hitchens117    124

Imagine reto creating a tutorial that could address the common sense stuff ie Dont shoot the mg in a half track,  dont shoot the mg in a tank you happen to just jump into and wanna see how it works, dont throw gernades at rooms you cant see into until ,..etc etc etc

Champi0n    433
23 hours ago, call911 said:

you don't see it because it would be useless

If you need a training to know that tanks don't drive in houses you probably are to dumb to know how computers work anyway. (not meant personally)

Thing is: When you buy mines it says very clearly "anti-tank" or "anti-personnel"; same thing with AT grenades.

What's funny though is that you are specifically referring to veterans against noobs tactics:

Throwing grenades to tanks to lure them out... (the kling-kling sound or the explosions might do the trick)

Placing AT mines in doors so you can OHK entering people by shooting the mine... (since this is a grind game, try defending an objective with a 3HK bolt action)

Taking out (recon) planes with MG's... (AA's are placed on sh*tplaces for most attack lines.

No, i am talking about level 1-6 soldiers putting landmines in houses and leaving it there. 

Throwing a frag at a tank doesn't make any similar noise to an AT nade + its a waste of money, because the tanker 9/10 won't peak for a frag nade.

Please notice that young ppl are playing this game too and they might be unaware of those descriptions when they buy those landmines.

I'm talking about players shooting 3-5 mags at not damaged (not smoking) fighters (they can't even afford MGs)... and they most likely don't even know where AA locations are.

Believe me I have enough experience in this game to say these dumb moves are present between new players.