Reto.Circinus

1.04 - Engine Room

Reto.Circinus    1,639

CHANGELOG

Render Engine

• New Render Engine
    • New render engine to improve stability and increase performance on your computer
    • In general the new render engine provides better options and support for lower end machines
  • Ingame Menu changes related to the new render engine:
    • ‘Fullscreen’ and ‘True Fullscreen’ checkboxes have been replaced by a ‘Display Mode’ slider allowing ‘Windowed mode’, ‘Windowed (Fullscreen)’ and the ‘Fullscreen’ options
    • Added ‘Render Resolution’ slider with ‘Low’, ‘Medium’, ‘High’ and ‘Native’ options
    • Added ‘Post FX AA’ slider with ‘Off’, ‘FXAA’ and ‘TAA’ options
    • Several options have been moved around to create room for the new options
    • Tweaked weather settings to match new render engine
    • Tweaked leaves to match new render engine
    • Tweaked on screen effects to match new render engine

Languages

• The game can now also be set in the Brazilian-Portuguese language

Other Changes

• Deprecated version of OBS Classic no longer supported - Open Broadcaster Software (v0.659b - 32bit)
  • Windows Vista no longer supported

Known Issues

• Screen Overlays are not being drawn correctly over the game. For example TeamSpeak.
  • In OBS Studio (not classic) enabling 'use anti-cheat compatibility hook' causes Action client to crash.
  • Pressing PRINTSCREEN for screenshots in 'True Fullscreen' only works on Steam platform. Outside Steam either use GeForce Experience' screenshot function or leave 'true fullscreen'.

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2017/03/1-04-engine-room/

BushElito    1,226

>1.04 update

No, it's Jebaited update, cause no medkits.

Edited
kek

zlang    120

At last, looking forward to try it out...

Will DX10 cards be supported? because I only have a GTX 285 and yet got great performance under the old renderer.

It'd be very disappointing to be locked out of the game suddenly

RedFoxFour    1,799

Why would you not support OBS Classic?

I don't know any streamers who use OBS studio over OBS classic. I know many who switched to OBS Studio temporarily, but ended up going back to Classic due to various issues.

Oh well... -_-

Reto.KenSolo    349
38 minutes ago, RightInfinity said:

Will DX10 cards be supported? because I only have a GTX 285 and yet got great performance under the old renderer.

Yes, as far as I know we do support DX10 cards. Reto.Hal9K who has written the render is currently deploying the new update, but I'll try to get hold of him later today for a verification.

Fegaris    1,668

Oh wow, so basicly when i would be able finaly record some short videos about some tricks for tanks or just soem funny moments with this good update - you also disable OBS......

RazzerKFG    86
1 minute ago, Lycrist_Katkiller said:

i dont even know why you did this in the first place

Because Vista is not supported by Microsoft. and keeping a game updated for antique OSs isn't feasebel, min. req. is win7 for this game.

Just now, RazzerKFG said:

Because Vista is not supported by Microsoft. and keeping a game updated for antique OSs isn't feasebel, min. req. is win7 for this game.

friend, irony?

supporting windows vista is like supporting DOS

RazzerKFG    86
1 minute ago, Lycrist_Katkiller said:

friend, irony?

supporting windows vista is like supporting DOS

with the amount of people with antique OSs trying to play this game I don't see the irony, if you ever watch the ENG help chat you will see alot of people whinking about why their XP or win2k machines can't play this game ...

Hello dear RETO,

Thank You for this update. Long waited update! Kudos to all the team.

Can You provide optimal optimization suggested by Your tech team? ( like minimum, - and recommended ). It would be a lot more clear.  

Regards

Rudy

Reto.KenSolo    349
8 minutes ago, RazzerKFG said:

with the amount of people with antique OSs trying to play this game I don't see the irony, if you ever watch the ENG help chat you will see alot of people whinking about why their XP or win2k machines can't play this game ...

Just to kill some urban legends - when looking at Google Analytics for the past month we can see that less than 0.50% of all Windows platform visits to heroesandgenerals.com are XP, less than 0.25% are Vista and less than 0.01% are 2K and NT. So there are not "a lot of people" playing on these OS's. ;)

Reto.Circinus    1,639
Just now, Rudolf-rudy-Zetsberger said:

Hello dear RETO,

Thank You for this update. Long waited update! Kudos to all the team.

Can You provide optimal optimization suggested by Your tech team? ( like minimum, - and recommended ). It would be a lot more clear.  

Regards

Rudy

It strongly depends per PC what settings are optimal, but we are working on a five tips for best performance which should go out within a week.

10 minutes ago, RazzerKFG said:

using one of those outdated (and yes, there are no XP-Updates from Microsoft) OS is like HE-Shelling infantry

One's begging to be hacked, the other to be AT-Ramboed