Reto.Robotron3000

Ihlefeld - Warbirds and Tail Gunners update is here!

123 posts in this topic

The new update named ‘Ihlefeld – Warbirds and Tail Gunners’ (after the German fighter ace Herbert Ihlefeld) is here! Below you can get a quick overview of all the new features we’ve added for you!

NEW FEATURES

• HEROES & GENERALS’A HOŞ GELDINIZ

– Heroes & Generals now available in Turkish translation
Turkish speaking players can now play the game in Turkish. You can read more about the Turkish translation in this post. There is also a Turkish language section on our forum.

• UPDATED FLIGHT MODEL AND CONTROLS

We have revamped and improved the flight model, increased fighter plane speed, as requested by a lot of pilots, AND improved controls! Read more details about the updated flight controls here

Recon Planes Parked

• NEW GERMAN PLANE HENSCHEL HS 126 B1

The German faction’s new recon plane is the Henschel Hs 126 B-1, given as default plane to new pilots, and available for purchase by existing pilots. 

• NEW SOVIET PLANE POLIKARPOV R-Z

The new plane for the Soviet faction is the Polikarpov R-Z, given as default plane to new pilots, and available for purchase by existing pilots.

• NEW US PLANE CURTISS O-52 ‘OWL’

The US faction’s new plane is the Curtiss O-52 ‘Owl’, given as default plane to new pilots and for purchase by existing pilots. 

• SUPPORT GUNNER SEAT ON TANKS!

The same support gunner seat used on the reconnaissance planes can also be used on tanks! So, as a tanker, you can deploy as a dedicated support gunner on a friendly tank and then deploy your own tank when ready. This gives tanks the option for more close quarters defense against infantry.

There is of course much more happening in the update, so continue reading for more details…

OTHER CHANGES

Here is a list of some additional features in the Hallowes update.

• PTRD adjustments, harder to use standing/crouched
  • Moved the tier 2 fighter planes to Dogfight ribbon grade 5
  • More accurate collision model for German Bf109 plane

…and much more

For a more detailed changelog take a look at this changelog post.

Make a Difference – Fight for Friends

Original link: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2016/12/ihlefeld-warbirds-and-tail-gunners-update-is-here/

Edited by Reto.Robotron3000
Fixed broken video embed on mobiles

Rear gunning is such fun, I'd love to see more multi crewed vehicles.

26 minutes ago, baskerville said:

M3 lee is a good example where that went.

19 minutes ago, BushElito said:

M3 lee is a good example where that went.

The support gunner functionality makes those multi-turreted vehicles a lot more fun now. 

Just now, Reto.Robotron3000 said:

The support gunner functionality makes those multi-turreted vehicles a lot more fun now. 

Yeah, but does it get used a lot?

Getting three people in it is fun.

Fighting Panthers with it is not.

Disappointed that you have downgraded my "Fighter plane AT's" to "Recon plane AT"s".

I have paid for Figher back in the days not recon.

Also why are there only big Fighter squadron AT's of 24 planes now? where are the 8 plane AT's?

You know that the more planes you have in a battle the more noobs can crash in the ground.?

A smal AT is much safer.

1 hour ago, baskerville said:

T-28 has been around for a while

Hello Kameraden,

All I can say - nice job RETO. Thank You very much for PTRD nerf. It was so long waited. This is probably the best news for me. 

Any news on Camo helmets ?

Regards

Rudy

Hello fellow Pilots.

Since there seems to be no pilot opinion so far, im wondering what u think about the "new flight model".

For me, i have to say, it feels like absolute trash. The fighter planes feel alot less "realistic", in fact, they feel like some strange thing from an outter world, which just entered the HnG universe, coming from its home world, some facebook flash game. Stone-like behavior combined with the much increased speed equals BS.

I think it completely killed dogfights and ground gunning. All you can do now is bombing.

Really Reto, do you have no test players? Did u try to dogfight even once??

I can only hope that this big load of crap gets reversed completely as fast as possible.

Edited by Art_Vandaley
baseball? no, seriously not.

• Plane hitpoints and colision models adjusted to make dog fights more fun, planes are easier to shoot, pilots harder

Does it apply to the titanium fighter planes, huh?

Literally the only thing I wanna know about this update.

Dear dear Reto,

why, o, why

We are supposed to feel joyous and happy with the arrival of each update, but the only feelings you manage to create in this one is total frustration and disappointment. As a good pilot who put a lot of effort in refining the art of flying, i can tell you, there was nothing wrong with the previous flights mechanics, no matter how hard noobs complained for ptrd and tank shells. Those were things you could outmanouvre IF YOU LEARNT HOW TO FLY. Flying was so delicate, a micro mouse gesture helped you evade the incoming shells, speed control was perfect, precision bombing etc.

Now lets all engage in endless spastic motion loops of infinity for these 5 kills throughout the game. Lets be useless, yeeee

im really at a loss for words to write anything further and it feels like RIP Kifi

i do hope you listen to the people's woes all over the air 

8 minutes ago, KiFiNAS said:

Now lets all engage in endless spastic motion loops of infinity for these 5 kills throughout the game. Lets be useless, yeeee

Couldnt agree more.

A lot of this grief could have been avoided, had Reto listened to all the prototype server feedback that pilots gave. Hopefully these things will be tweaked in the very near future.

Guys is it me or it seems that regular ammo does more DMG then ,,apcr,, ?

16 minutes ago, KiFiNAS said:

Dear dear Reto,

why, o, why

We are supposed to feel joyous and happy with the arrival of each update, but the only feelings you manage to create in this one is total frustration and disappointment. As a good pilot who put a lot of effort in refining the art of flying, i can tell you, there was nothing wrong with the previous flights mechanics, no matter how hard noobs complained for ptrd and tank shells. Those were things you could outmanouvre IF YOU LEARNT HOW TO FLY. Flying was so delicate, a micro mouse gesture helped you evade the incoming shells, speed control was perfect, precision bombing etc.

im really at a loss for words to write anything further and it feels like RIP Kifi

i do hope you listen to the people's woes all over the air 

Sorry dude but flying mechanics where AWFULL before, UFO plane doing turns over a coin,  flying is fast! if you want to be a slow target just use the  new recons planes with the same speed fighters have before.

The only downside is that pilots are totally out of the ground battle if they have enemy planes, but  thats ok, FIGHTER planes are mean to fight each others, im sure when  they add BOMBERS they be slows air snails.

Flying code is now better.

I suggest we call this update "We lost all our pilots"

It's full of good intentions, but bad ideas, it is a pain to play for any experienced pilot.

Every tactics that worked before are now nonfunctional, it takes ten years and two cannon ammo reloads to kill a single plane, switching the primary and secondary firing key makes me waste a lot of ammo because of habits.

It appears you've felt the need to change something that was excellent as it was.

I've never been the "Reto fix your crap" kind of guy but this time you broke the entire game for me, i need 3 lives and about ten minutes to make one plane kill, before i could get at least one down per minute.

I really think you guys just have no test players, because if you did you would not have done this hell.

4 hours ago, baskerville said:

agree very funny to use with gunners

1 minute ago, paciencia095 said:

agree very funny to use with gunners

but wtf can you kill??

maybe 2 or 3 inf...

very usefull

1 minute ago, Vudu_guy said:

The only downside is that pilots are totally out of the ground battle if they have enemy planes, but  thats ok, FIGHTER planes are mean to fight each others, im sure when  they add BOMBERS they be slows air snails.

So what are planes supposed to do then? Why would you ever send planes into a match if their only purpose is to fight other planes? Separating the ground game and the air game completely doesnt help anybody. If the air game has zero impact on the ground game there is no reason for planes to exist in the first place.

That is why the new update is bad. Planes have zero impact on anything.