Forums closed, discord our new home! Read more... ×
Heroes & Generals
Reto.Robotron3000

Prototype test - new render and new planes!

Reto.Robotron3000    1,118

Please use this topic to post feedback on the prototype test!

Read more here: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2016/11/limited-access-prototype-test/ 

To participate point your browser at https://prototype.heroesandgenerals.com 

Want to know how the new planes work? Or waiting for a download to complete? Take a look here: 

Known Issues

• Some machines crash the first time they start the game, but work fine the second. Working on a fix, but did not want to delay test anymore

Jahossi53    111

How are we supposed to try the new planes when we start at rank 1 and pilots are unlocked at level 5? Grind on a testserver?

Edited

Rusted_pipes    26
Just now, Jahossi53 said:

How are we supposed to try the new planes when we start at rank 1 and pilots are unlocked at level 5? Grind on a testserver?

use gold maybe??

Jahossi53    111
1 minute ago, Rusted_pipes said:

to buy a pilot?

Its locked till player rank 5 or 6 so do we have to grind it? 

Jahossi53    111
3 minutes ago, Rusted_pipes said:

rip then, anyway i dont think the test server is there for piloting

Speak for yourself, i wanted to try the new planes badly

igigor    7

On the test servers we should always have rank 10 player level... For testing everything can be tested !

nebraskawow    363

I got about 20-30 extra FPS on town map with new render. Also tried dx12 but this somehow reduced my FPS a little bit. Did not get any crashes.

It is awesome and needed badly. Please include new render to the next update and it will be known as best build ever.

hey Reto, ur test session on Proto is totally pointless. We cant buy pilots and even if we could somehow, we couldnt use Pilots. Nobody will level up his/her account for days and days on a test server.

Edited

nebraskawow    363
51 minutes ago, _DeinGottAnubis said:

hey Reto, ur test session on Proto is totally pointless. We cant buy pilots and even if we could somehow, we couldnt use Pilots. Nobody will level up his/her account for days and days on a test server.

Main purpose of test server was to test new render and you don't really need to level anything up for that.

dEEkAy2k9    116

just played two rounds on the town map with nice 60fps while this map stutters with around 20 fps on the live servers

new renderer looks better and performs better too

only thung bothering me is that 100k gold is not enough if you rly want people to test stuff. leveling up to get other classesis bad too.

just unlock everything and let people play with everything

-Ger-Schilli    908

I can confirm FPS increase. Running now between 120 to 180 FPS.

Would like to see some depth sharpness would be nice !

Overall I like the new render a lot ! Everything so sharp now :D

Edited

BroskyBro    2,685

FPS boost are much appreciated, hope they stay like that. My FPS is getting down to 30-40 when I was getting 60+ before.

I've been flying the new planes a little, and heres what I think. 

I think that the recon planes and the fighters should be in the same battle. The speed difference is so big that I find it hard to hit the recon planes. 

When going slowly the freecam and when you start to dive is too twitchy and I have a low sensitivity. When going fast the turns are waaayyyyy to wide. I would like a happy medium between the current planes and the new ones. 

I have also been having a lot of trouble hitting other planes, and being able to have a lead on a target because of the speed difference. using debug it's very  hard to aim, and when using your mouse to aim you can't get a lead on someone. 

I also find it much easier to get out of someone's gunsight. It's almost too easy. Just tab debug at combat speed and pull up and you're just gone. It's almost comical how fast you can get away. 

I find having the machine gun and cannon buttons switched very annoying. Please make the cannons secondary  weapons to switch it back. It is just a pain. I have tried switching them around, but then for some reason I can't shoot the recon plane's guns. 

The new bomb sounds are great, as with the machine gun sounds. 

Overall I am not a fan of the changes. I might just be resistant to change, but I am not a fan of them. Somewhere in the middle of the current planes and the new ones would be fine in my opinion. 

BrandonSolo10    3,562

I found a few bugs and oddities:

I. It seems you start your engine instantly without any Driver badge assistance.

II. Engine keeps running even if you are in the gunner seat (annoying for recon cars)

III. T-20's horn doesn't work.

Aleksandar02    197
6 hours ago, BushElito said:

Also, apperantly the stamina bar doesn't appear.

I don't think so, somebody said they removed that.

They did. 

Krzysiek5657    977
44 minutes ago, BrandonSolo10 said:

I found a few bugs and oddities:

I. It seems you start your engine instantly without any Driver badge assistance.

II. Engine keeps running even if you are in the gunner seat (annoying for recon cars)

I. seems bugged then

II. might be bugged, but in fact it more realistic (you need to engine work to power supply your modules in vehicles), so even if bugged sounds good to me :), only dumb point is engine working in jeep/kubel? (havent tested, but if yes -then its failed point). in general recon vehicles engines should work even if used gunner seat.

Edited