Reto.Robotron3000    1,118

You can enable the console back by doing the following: 
In the file client.ini
Default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Heroes & Generals\live

(or use H&G Sync "File -> Find Install Directory" )

add

application {
    enable_console=true
}

if it already has an empty one like this:

application {
}

Just add
enable_console=true
inside it.

Save the file and run the game. Default console open/close key is ½ (or ~ on some keyboards), but you can press ESC, open settings and change the key to your liking. 

5 hours ago, Reto.Robotron3000 said:

You can enable the console back by doing the following: 
In the file client.ini
Default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Heroes & Generals\live

(or use H&G Sync "File -> Find Install Directory" )

add

application {
    enable_console=true
}

if it already has an empty one like this:

application {
}

Just add
enable_console=true
inside it.

Save the file and run the game. Default console open/close key is ½ (or ~ on some keyboards), but you can press ESC, open settings and change the key to your liking. 

Unfortunately it does not work for me. I made the changes and still can not open the console.

matziti    362

Is there a list of all the commands we can change in the console ?!

-Ger-Schilli    908
3 hours ago, matziti said:

gui.disable 1 to disable HUD

Nick3862    420
4 hours ago, matziti said:

Not really, however you can go threw them all one by one by pressing "a" then tab.

swingline747    55

Anyone know if there is a console command to change your cross hairs?  It would be nice to set my cross hair to a small x or dot that is static (does not expand when you are moving).

Flint74    604

Is there a specific life or death reason why anyone other than the dev. team should ever need to access the console in H&G?

It just seems to me like a very odd thing to allow access to it in-game. I mean if there are certain non-critical visual settings that people can only turn on or off in the console for example, why not just add them as selectable/configurable options in the actual game settings menu?

Edited

1 hour ago, Flint74 said:

Is there a specific life or death reason why anyone other than the dev. team should ever need to access the console in H&G?

It just seems to me like a very odd thing to allow access to it in-game. I mean if there are certain non-critical visual settings that people can only turn on or off in the console for example, why not just add them as selectable/configurable options in the actual game settings menu?

Because adding ingame menu stuff takes quite a bit of work. Allowing access to the console is trivial. 

AND it is useful for those making videos and screenshots etc. So there's no harm in it, and it can help some people. 

Thorning2    274
23 minutes ago, Reto.Robotron3000 said:

Because adding ingame menu stuff takes quite a bit of work. Allowing access to the console is trivial. 

AND it is useful for those making videos and screenshots etc. So there's no harm in it, and it can help some people. 

why not make F2 work again?

-Ger-Schilli    908
11 hours ago, BushElito said:

Does it still screw your spawning when disabled?

I remeember there being a different command that simply didn't render it, but it wasn't disabled.

Yes it does.

Flint74    604
4 hours ago, Reto.Robotron3000 said:

I understand now, thank you for explaining.

On 12/6/2016 at 5:34 PM, thorning2 said:

why not make F2 work again?

Because players would turn it off by mistake and not have any idea what happened.

Thorning2    274
5 hours ago, Reto.Robotron3000 said:

Because players would turn it off by mistake and not have any idea what happened.

maybe write in corner, press "x" button to add/remove? or when it removed add text press "x" to activate?

Edited

2 hours ago, thorning2 said:

maybe write in corner, press "x" button to add/remove? or when it removed add text press "x" to activate?

We can't write anything on screen with the gui disabled... unless it is baked into the graphics, which we do not want to do. 

I think the current setup works fine for the (relatively) few people who need it. 

Nick3862    420
On 12/8/2016 at 4:19 PM, Reto.Robotron3000 said:

We can't write anything on screen with the gui disabled... unless it is baked into the graphics, which we do not want to do. 

I think the current setup works fine for the (relatively) few people who need it. 

I agree that very few players disable the GUI, however disabling it from the console requires you to restart to get it working again.

When you enable the GUI again everything's out of place, there's copies of icons, etc.

9 hours ago, Nick3862 said:

I agree that very few players disable the GUI, however disabling it from the console requires you to restart to get it working again.

When you enable the GUI again everything's out of place, there's copies of icons, etc.

Odd, it does not do that for me - but again, it is an unsupported debug-thing. 
Try jumping in and out of full screen.. that might fix it. 

Marv2.0    556

First of All Thank you Robotron for making this post again!

F2 never removed the gui completely. Only the HUD part which lead you to the capture points. Gui.disable freezes your map (you can still open it, but your and your friends positions won't change, neither will the capture points show the current ownership of a capture point.

F2 would be useful however. And since it did NOT what gui.disable 1 did it may be implemented again.

A list of console commands would be amazing, having access to the commands does not mean you can use them. I believe you need certain rights to change the current time of day in a match for example. Normal players don't have these on live and I believe not even RM-employees do on live-servers. On prototype/test/stable anybody can use the commands (I believe)

Edited

On 22-12-2016 at 8:47 PM, gloryofnight said:

Can common player watch/save replays? or this only for bug hunters premission? 

This is only for Administrators of the game (Developers,Support,etc)

PaveMentman    73
On 31/12/2016 at 1:08 AM, Astrolite said:

This is only for Administrators of the game (Developers,Support,etc)

I remember some word being said that if the Reto-Moto folks are able to build more user-friendly version of the replay-function, then we players might have a access to it in future.
Of course this possibly also leads to the needs of building as bandwidth-friendly infrastructure as possible for the replay-file-downloads too. But considering there are games still allowing this (E.G. Super Monday Night Combat at least used to), I'd say this be all worth the effort eventually implementing (if not only to allow players to review the replays before reporting / accusing for cheaters).

Oh and of course the "machinima"-people would probably really like this feature also.

Edited