Forums closed, discord our new home! Read more... ×
Heroes & Generals
Reto.Robotron3000

Limited Access Prototype test!

Reto.Robotron3000    1,118

Come play with 100000 Gold

- on the prototype server and help us test a new render.

We’re running an exclusive test to make sure we can get the best possible performance for the next update to the render engine. To do this we need you to join the fun at http://prototype.heroesandgenerals.com (this version will install alongside the normal version and will not break anything except the link in the desktop icon).

Due to the heavy logging and smaller server the test is limited to 150 concurrent players. The test is a 2-stage test. First stage will help us establish a baseline and later this week (sometime during Thursday) we’ll test the H&G Sync updater and update the test to include the new render!
If you have been part of the baseline test you will be given preference to join stage 2 of the test where we test the new render.

How do I join?

Point your internet browser to http://prototype.heroesandgenerals.com and download the version of the game provided there: The installer file is called "HeroesAndGenerals-setup-126032.exe"

Does this impact my normal game?

No, You have a separate amount of credits, gold & warfunds as well as separate characters, weapons, vehicles etc. on the prototype server!

Do I get the gold, credits, warfund back in the normal game?

No, the free 100000 gold stays on the prototype server.

What should I do in the game to help?

Login, by a character or two, vehicles etc and play the FPS part of the game. Please report any crashes or if anything seems broken or weird. You can report these things by email to prototype@heroesandgenerals.com.

Am I allowed to have fun?

YES! While this is a test it is also a game, so go have some fun! Check out other vehicles, factions and careers from what you normally play. And play, play to win each battle using the entire huge arsenal the game provides!

Who can join?

Everybody can join the test, but be aware that the server handling the FPS games is limited to 150 concurrent players and it is located in Amsterdam, Netherlands so if you are very far away from that you will experience high ping, you are very welcome to join anyway and check it out though!

Can I join on Steam?

Sorry no, this test is exclusively run on http://prototype.heroesandgenerals.com, but you can install it along side the Steam version and they will not interfere with each other.

Should I look for something special?

Apart from game crashes, then please try to note performance (press F7 in game to see ping/FPS) especially when you join now and then again later this week when the new render is added. We’d very much like feedback on how you perceive performance! You can report these things by email to prototype@heroesandgenerals.com

When does the test end?

We expect to keep the test running until sometime Monday (05DEC16).

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2016/11/limited-access-prototype-test/

Xesions    454

I feel kinda bad for blowing all the gold, now I won't even get the chance to buy a pilot, unless it starts you out with a completely new game on the prototype ?

MasterTanker    20

Thanks for wasting my time RETO! After download and install the "prototype" i cant enter

"Your account privileges do not include access to this game"

I even updated the drivers :P

Makcen    63

Is it supposed to be working now? First it kept crashing just as I was about to join the battle, after I reinstalled the prototype it says: "Your account priviliges do not include access to the game". 
Is it a bug or is the server simply "full"?

Nace    344

Guys calm down :)

they usually announce it when they open it.

SAGI100    1
Just now, tr4nch4r said:

but after the update no one can connect or is it just me?

its like that for everyone. reto will tell us when we will be able to connect to the prototype server, no worries

VVARRIOR    1
1 minute ago, tr4nch4r said:

but after the update no one can connect or is it just me?

I was able to connect and even bought the new German plane, but then after 10 minutes on the matchmaking i did got a damaged files error while the game was loading a battle, uninstalled, installed again and now i get "Your account privileges do not include access to this game".