_Rainbow_Dash

France faction (Reworked & Updated!)

Thorondil    103

I'm sure this took ages already but I would like to see just a little bit more info- namely the main cannon sizes on all those tanks . +1 for sure

Update: Very nice. Plenty of information, as well as many options for devs to consider. Still a solid +1, only sorry I can't do more.

Edited

Cpt_MacRon    35

Some months ago, in another topic i had an idea togerher with one other player:

Put a timer for the war map: like 5 IRL days equals to 1 year conflict, all stuffs and equiplents are restricted in function of the year so we should have:

0-4(included) IRL days = 1939 

5-9(included) IRL days = 1940

10-14(included) IRL days = 1941

15-19(included) IRL days = 1942

20-24(included) IRL days = 1943 

25-29(included) IRL days = 1944

30-34(included) IRL dayss = 1945

Of course if it's too much we can change it to 2 or 3 days IRL days = 1 year conflict, bur globally that's for the idea ;) But it will makes the war more noob friendly, even a "new player" at rank 4 can have it's hope in the 3 first year with his SA rifle.

In this case, France will have a strong reason to exist and will be able to make the difference at the beginning of the war while USA aren't engaged in the conflict.

I would like to say along @RedFoxFour that in terms of tanks, France will be the bigest nightmare of german until 1941 year. :)

If everyone consider France bad in WW2 games this is because 90% of this game focus on 1944 year. I think that H&G should take this opportunity to make the game more original and discover new aspect of ww2 game.

Cpt_MacRon    35

@_Rainbow_Dash I also really want to see France faction in this game, I got a lot of shared ideas with you but they're not all the same. 

By example I'm for Lend-leased vehicles and weapons.

I'm working since a long time on a Mega-Thread including all weapons ideas for each faction.

I will link your topic in mine once i post it because it should have many shared ideas.

You don't see any objections about it ?

More we relay ideas about France, more we got chances to see it ingame :)

Subass39    292

Needs white flag as melee weapon

Spoiler

please don't bite my head off

Flint74    603

Possible French tank tree (gun sizes in brackets)...

Light Tanks
1. Renault FT (8mm M1914)
2. FCM 36 (37mm)
3. Renault R40 (37mm)
4. Char D1B (47mm)

Medium Tanks
1. AMC 35 (47mm)
2. Char D2 (47mm)
3. SOMUA S35 (47mm)

Heavy Tanks
1. Char B1 (75mm [hull] & 47mm [turret])
2. FCM 2C (75mm)

Tank Destroyers
1. Renault FT 75BS (75mm)
2. Char ARL 40 (75mm)
3. SOMUA SAu 40 (105mm)

Edited

GaiusBaltar    3,546

Personally I think France would be wonderful addition to the game. It would be wrong to say they did not play a part in WW2. This idea that all France did in WW2 was surrender and the idea France is a 'loser nation' is in it'self pretty toxic.

Inform yourself and watch this video:

The initial title is misleading but I think France comes out looking better further in the video.

All that stuff aside from purely a gaming standpoint I think France would be an adorable Troll faction with how some of their equipment works. I mean you could put the Char B1 Bis in the game as a "light tank" and none of the Axis light tanks would even be able to scratch it. That in my mind would be FUN.

Besides, my avatar is NaTROLLeon. Why would I not support this idea?

cat-    113

I would prefer having brits instead of the french.

BrandonSolo10    3,556
On December 6, 2016 at 8:15 PM, cat- said:

I would prefer having brits instead of the french.

As much as I want to try out Cruisers and Crusaders...

The Somua S35 is the real deal.

pennyeye    134
4 minutes ago, BrandonSolo10 said:

As much as I want to try out Cruisers and Crusaders...

The Somua S35 is the real deal.

I dunno, it's a tough choice for me because I really want a Matilda, but a Char B1 bis would be neat.

Warff    77

We really shoudn't focus on "Should France be added ? " but on how it could be added.

A list of weapons/vehicles is a good start. But I think it should be narrowed down to the essentials. Reto isn't going to give the French 10 guns to use. A smaller list with the most important weapons/vehicles and their stats is the way to go.

Edited

pennyeye    134
13 minutes ago, Warff said:

We really shoudn't focus on "Should France be added ? " but on how it could be added.

A list of weapons/vehicles is a good start. But I think it should be narrowed down to the essentials. Reto isn't going to give the French 10 guns to use. A smaller list with the most important weapons/vehicles and their stats is the way to go.

It's good thing that there seems to be plenty to choose from. Hopefully that means France as a faction shouldn't be too much of an issue to add.

Warff    77
11 minutes ago, pennyeye said:

It's good thing that there seems to be plenty to choose from. Hopefully that means France as a faction shouldn't be too much of an issue to add.

The difficult part isn't finding the weapons/vehicles. There are lists of french WW2 weapons/vehicles everywhere. What's difficult is sorting which ones should be added to the game. It's what I've done for the Italians. I based myself on 2 criteria:

• Historical relevance: was it actively used during the war ? Or was it just a prototype ?
  • Comparable to existing stuff in game: if it's too powerful or too weak, the game is going to be unbalanced

Suihkuunkusija    828

I really dont see why they should add France. They werent really that active during Ww2 as they fell in little time. British, Japan, Finland and Italy should be higher on the list.

pennyeye    134
47 minutes ago, Warff said:

The difficult part isn't finding the weapons/vehicles. There are lists of french WW2 weapons/vehicles everywhere. What's difficult is sorting which ones should be added to the game. It's what I've done for the Italians. I based myself on 2 criteria:

• Historical relevance: was it actively used during the war ? Or was it just a prototype ?
  • Comparable to existing stuff in game: if it's too powerful or too weak, the game is going to be unbalanced

You make a good point.

_Rainbow_Dash    757

France was really active in France, Africa, Belgium, i can go on, French forces were quite everywhere fighting the Germans, Italians, etc  

RD

BroskyBro    2,664

The fact that large amounts people are constantly poking fun at the faction for losing just goes to show that they would have population issues.