Sign in to follow this  
Africandave

Wiki Editing Competition

Africandave    177

[justify]600px-Editing_Contest.png?version=9449bd0d818d714b5774af47341a0cb7}[/justify]

The '''Heroes & Generals Wiki Editing Contest''' will take place from September 30 through October 30.

[heading]=How to Enter=[/heading]

Any person who submits edits to the Heroes and Generals Wiki while logged in during the contest period '''(September 30, 2016 through October 30, 2016)''' will be considered to have entered the contest. The Wiki Team will then consider each user's personal contributions to determine five (5) winners. General rules listed below:

*All edits must be made while logged in

*Edits will only count if they make some kind of real contribution to the wiki

*Winners will be chosen not only by the ''quantity'' of edits, but also edit quality

[heading]=Prizes=[/heading]

'''Five''' chosen contributors with the most worthwhile contributions will receive:

*Grand Prize''': One (1) editor will receive 20,000 Gold, a 30-day Veteran Bonus, and the title of "Wiki Editing Contest Grand Prize Winner" on Gamepedia

*First Place''': One (1) editor will receive 12,500 Gold and a 30-day Veteran Bonus

*Runners-Up''': Three (3) editors will receive 5,100 Gold and a 30-day Veteran Bonus

Winners will be announced shortly after the contest ends and contacted via the email associated with their Gamepedia account.

[heading]=New to Wiki Editing?=[/heading]

To view wiki editing tutorials and tips for beginners, you can check out the Gamepedia Help Wiki

[heading]=Not Sure Where to Start?=[/heading]

You can help improve the wiki by:

*Fixing spelling or grammatical errors on existing pages

*Uploading and adding images to existing pages

*Creating new pages for in-game content such as weapons or vehicles

*Contributing useful information to existing pages

*Adding game guides and strategy pages

CoifStorm    0

So uh, I figured that we would just be submitting change notes/comments... not have the ability to completely change the wiki.

Surely this can go massively wrong.

CoifStorm    0
Thanks a lot Dave…

I'm sorry for my mistake regarding the Yak-9 template. I'm glad that you could revert.

I was unsure of whether the player level should remain considering new soldiers can't swap careers now. Also, with the cost, should that be removed considering planes are 'free' with the cost of a Fighter Pilot?

Nemotoad    18

The grand prize is mine, don't even think about trying for it!

(Especially you, Dave; you already got some goodies for editing a while ago :P )

Also, CoifStorm, I Have removed the rank at which soldiers would previously unlock a new career path, as well as the price to switch career paths, from all pages and added the player level at which they can be bought, although I may have missed a few pages.

Edit: Am I a bad person for putting off a lot of editing I have planned until September 30th? Probably...

Africandave    177

I won't be participating in this competition,

So more prizes for other people ;)

Might come back and help with moderating some of the changes and points system so we don't have a repeat of last competition were quantity>quality.

Nemotoad    18

Well, I don't know if I will be participating in the competition now. Ever since the Garman Update, I can not get the game to run well enough to be enjoyable, and as a result, I have stopped playing and lost a lot of interest in the wiki. Hopefully the game gets optimized soon, but until then, I don't know if I will edit the wiki...