brunehilde

10 things you need to know before starting to play in war.

Warff    78

Nice guide, but I recon few players go to the forums.

If Reto could add a link to this post in game, that would be great.

Kinamina    3

Nice one really , just now you need to make one in game so all players can read it. Not all players use forums.

Big plus for effort.

kunalp    1,163

Please sticky this.

Hell, make everyone take a 15 question test at rank 5 based on this post before enabling war for them.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

dexter1984    675

This post should be posted on Tutorial so that every player need to read tutorial and to play tutorial before start playing WAR

Vudu_guy    1,545

Nice guide, its a shame most of the noobs never enter the forum and cant read more text than a twitter post.

Strobinator    165

This is very good indeed. Now if only we could solve for the fact that forum users are a very small subset of the total playerbase - something like this really needs to be available *in game* for those who do not ever grace the forums and spread the badness.

xJuliussx    70

Nice guide +1 for you and initiative. Still the players community offers better trainings than RETO ever did in this game since 2012.

ZoMgY    0
Once you have reached level 5, you will be able to play in "war" mode. To help you better understand the game and especially when it comes to playing in "war" I have created the following guide.

You should mail this link to all players in game. Useless if 80% of the player base doesn't see it. Mainly the ones who need it wont see it currently.

Vudu_guy    1,545

Will be nice if Reto can send this to all players when they reach level 5 via the game mail, if they can send us "news" and "vouchers" they can send info to ALL players too.

phalanx1337    3

1. dont spawn tanks against infantry

2. dont spawn lights against anything bigger (unless you know wtf you are doing)

3. SHOOT DOWN PARAS

4. to defend you attack, look at how spawns work, you cant sit and expect to hold a point.

5. sniping is for recons

6. recon vehicles are for recons, out of the turret.

7. forward airfield x1 is useless. leave it for recons to cap (free recon ribbon xp), and other useless things are closing down defenders lines, once you cap a 3 the line is dead.. leave rest for recons :lol:

8. dont switch your first infantry to tanker

9. stop ramboing and do objectives

10... just go staged :P:P

emcdunna    0

I like how the only things anyone has to say are things like "it's a shame most players won't see it"

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Mobile%20Device.png

QuemesTC    49

Not bad, although rather than this being "10 things you need to know before playing war" it is closer to "10 things you need to know so that you don't annoy veteran players".

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

brunehilde    27

First, thank you for the nice comments :)

I have noted your concerns regarding the limited audience that this guide would have on the official forums.

This is why, this guide has also been published on Steam (in three different languages for now) and my french guides in general on several other websites.

This is probably not as efficient as an in-game tutorial or other methods mentionned above, but I do believe there is probably a lot of new players coming to the game via Steam, so this is the best I could do to bring this guide to their attention.

NB: Thank you Africandave for linking the guide on Reddit.