kullitonhirvi

This is just sad

What's happened to this game? Or more, lack thereof. 

I used to take H&G very competitively, climbing high on the leaderboards and putting in many hours every day. Then, quit for around 1.5 years,

Now there is literally no new content. No new unique features, and really just zero content. All we've had are some balance adjustments which, don't get me wrong, are great, but are not solving the problem which is that the game is just dying. And I'm pissed off about this. I sincerely trusted Reto by buying like 2 war funds back when they were in the game. Granted its not much but still, I placed my trust, as did many others, in this company to deliver something decent. That's how low the bar is. We dont even need anything good, just something resembling decent.

Today I played 2 games and I won't lie, I enjoyed them. Compared to my time 2 years ago, the game balance is... different. All factions now have access to all weapons. I have mixed feelings about this but in the end I believe it to be for the greater good. Also, Reto has done a decent job of nerfing guns in general, and planes (although I got to top 30 on the LB with planes, even I knew they to be OP as hell).

It certainly was difficult accepting all factions having all weapons as a veteran player but, I digress. I'm glad for myself that I can enjoy this game still, but it is so ungodly unappealing to every new player. It runs like a potato regardless of the system (I can barely get 80fps on lowest settings, whereas I can get 400 on CSGO), there is no tutorial or introduction, you're just thrown into games with fully loaded AVS's, and worst of all there is no real community on this game. Its truly ghastly when comparing the community (or lack thereof) to other games. 

Reto has many good features in the game. I believe things like healing others, the wide customization of weapons, a wide range of classes to play is all things we take for granted as H&G players, and we shouldn't. Being able to go from an infantry man to a bomber-fighter pilot in one click of a button without questions asked (assuming the resources are there and you have the soldier) is truly great, and rather unique for H&G. The game has also solved many of the potential imbalances caused by said feature well enough. For these and a few other things done well, Reto has retained an ounce of respect from me. More of a nostalgic respect, though.

I apologize for this pseudo-rant, but honestly I'm just so disappointed in this joke of a game dev called Reto moto.