tusara8

Tank hijacking

Question

tusara8    0

I've been hijacking tanks on the battlefield for a long time, but still haven't gotten the skill to hijack faster. I understand that these are some of the most useless skills in the game, but then why add it if you can't get it? Perhaps I do not understand something, and you tell me how to get it?

2 answers to this question

OC_Ludwig    526

This is a leftover from an era where you could switch soldiers into different classes (or careers, as we used to call them). You would switch your infantryman into a tank crewman, unlock the badge in the Tank Driver ribbon and then return to the infantry class. The whole career change process was too complex and a big chunk of the community too stupid for it, so soldiers bought after August 2016 are no longer able to switch careers. They're "born" in their class and stay like that unless they're promoted to General (or "die" by deletion after a request to Support).

This above is also the reason why the recon grind is so hard: you were expected to unlock the pistol, the mods for the rifle, the badges, etc. as an infantryman and then switch to recon. It's also the reason why tank players and pilots must get outside their vehicles in order to unlock pistols and their mods, binoculars, grenades, etc. You were supposed to unlock them as infantryman before switching to tanker or pilot. The tank thief and plane thief badges are leftovers from that era.

Carreer.jpg

Click here to see the original, I dunno why it appears so small on forum

Edited

NJCQEC    88

Stealing tanks is hard... everybody seems to be everywhere.