BrutusDerZerstörer

There is a wrong city name in the game

Hello development team I apologize in advance for my english, i worked with google translator. I come from the city of Friesoythe in northwest Germany and near "Cloppenburg" and "Oldenburg". When looking at the general map, I noticed that it was not even noted on the map. At the place of Friesoythe there is a place called "Barkentange". However, this is only a small village that in reality belongs to Friesoythe.In my opinion "Barkentange" should be renamed to Friesoythe, as this is the next bigger town in the area. In addition, Friesoythe was an interesting place of the war, although in Barkentange, to my information, no fighting took place.

Sincerely, -snip- aka BrutusDerZerstörer

Link to sreenschot from the game:  https://ibb.co/FBz7Nqz

Link to Friesoythe at google maps: 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/26169+Friesoythe/@53.0119726,7.6921843,11z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x47b704eadc60afc3:0x91f12e813b10ec83!8m2!3d53.0244916!4d7.8589508

Edited
Do not post your real name on the Internet

OC_Ludwig    505

This is not a bug. The map is not a faithful reproduction of 1939 Europe and there's no single criteria for towns to be on the map, or their names. Some cities with official German names in 1945 get to keep them (Stettin, Königsberg). Other places had their name changed from German to Polish in game (Gdansk, for example used to be called Danzig in the H&G Universe) for some unknown reason. Other important towns are absent from the map (f.e., Klaipeda/Memel). The map shows the Dutch province of Flevoland, which was underwater when WW2 started, and I want to remember that a town existed on that piece of land and was later on removed (however, the sprite with the island remains). I've heard of similar "issues" with towns in modern Belarus or Ukraine, showing towns with different names, misplaced towns or towns that didn't even exist during WW2. For example, the modern Lviv should be called Lwow, as it belonged to the the Second Polish Republic in 1939. There are towns where the language is correct, but the name featured is a modern one and not the one during WW2 (there's a Wolfsburg Airport, but the place were Volkswagens are made wasn't called Wolfsburg during WW2). Some towns were added in the past because players visiting the Reto HQ asked for them to be added or were added after some candy bribe.

tl;dr: there's no single criteria why towns and cities are in the war map and there's no reason why a certain town show be featured or not. Working as intended.

/thread

Edited