Sign in to follow this  
SGTRock007

M1 carbine, it's guff

Recommended Posts

SGTRock007    4

Does it get any worse for the US, oh yes it does in the form of the M1 Carbine...

You'd just as well take a pistol into battle, I mean it's a joke, isn't it? 

Ok, first up, it's solid on the recoil scene, shoots straight, but a 15 round magazine and you have Russians running around with 70 round sewing machines, sorry it's no contesto. 

Secondly the RPM sucks and so does the impact damage, at least give the weapon some kick, like I said what's the point otherwise?

Give it some impact damage at least.

 

  sault rifle

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rihardo456    99

Stainless steel barrel is useless since improvement is minuscule only thing i hate about M1 is the scope repair cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hummer108    48
On 3/16/2021 at 4:06 PM, SGTRock007 said:

You'd just as well take a pistol into battle, I mean it's a joke, isn't it? 

It's the first time Reto has been historically correct lmao, the M1 was supposed to replace support troops' M1911 in WW2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NJCQEC    75

US is the worst faction, but as a benefit! We get less noobs... because our weapons suck

Anyhow, I wish they'd just delete the M1 carbine and replace it with the M1A1, the M1A1 sounds better, has better sights, and only lacks a little bit for range (at the benefit of nearly 0 space taken up) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heid31stwc    30

Don't buy scope for M1. You can see the enemy but no chance of bullets actually travelling the distance to hit them, even after modding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this a joke or are you being serious? The M1 Carbine is probably the most RIDICULOUSLY OVERPOWERED weapon in the game right now. I am currently in the process of trying to get a captured version of it on my GE and SU characters because it is just better than all the other rifles. The only feature that is worth complaining about is it's range, but even then it is easy to make hits up to 200m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OC_Ludwig    503
5 minutes ago, SuperKillerManOfDeath said:

Is this a joke or are you being serious? The M1 Carbine is probably the most RIDICULOUSLY OVERPOWERED weapon in the game right now. I am currently in the process of trying to get a captured version of it on my GE and SU characters because it is just better than all the other rifles. The only feature that is worth complaining about is it's range, but even then it is easy to make hits up to 200m.

 

Really? A M2 Carbine firing in semiauto is more accurate than the M1. It has very little damage. It only carries 15 rounds. It takes up as many equipment points as a Garand. Sure, it's fun to play, it's easy to unlock and very cheap to buy. Arguing that it is "the most ridiculy RIDICULOUSLY OVERPOWERED" is just bonkers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sayukta    112

m1 carbine is garbage compared to that of m2.
it got poor accuracy than m2 even after being semiauto.

m2 with bullet mod is way more accurate than m1 without bullet mod. and it only has 15 round mag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OC_Ludwig said:

 

Really? A M2 Carbine firing in semiauto is more accurate than the M1. It has very little damage. It only carries 15 rounds. It takes up as many equipment points as a Garand. Sure, it's fun to play, it's easy to unlock and very cheap to buy. Arguing that it is "the most ridiculy RIDICULOUSLY OVERPOWERED" is just bonkers.

M2 Carbine just sprays bullets, so OK it is also better than M1 Carbine when they're in your face... but otherwise M1 Carbine just plays 50x better than every gun and is super OP needs SUPER nerf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OC_Ludwig    503
8 hours ago, SuperKillerManOfDeath said:

M2 Carbine just sprays bullets, so OK it is also better than M1 Carbine when they're in your face... but otherwise M1 Carbine just plays 50x better than every gun and is super OP needs SUPER nerf

 

Your lack of standards disgusts me. This honest community deserves more than your low quality of bait. You're not even trying: shame on you!

 

Spoiler

d136e3caadf8626842fcf5fb51570a9f.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NJCQEC    75

Why did they give us the M1 Carbine anyhow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OC_Ludwig    503
1 hour ago, NJCQEC said:

Why did they give us the M1 Carbine anyhow?

 

It did already exist (although as a para only weapon, so it was underused) and Americans had asked Reto to add it for 7 years. It's not a new weapon, but it was so underused that infantry mains didn't know it was in the game and many US paras would come to the forum asking why their M1 Carbine couldn't fire in auto mode. Paras rarely used it anyways. M1a1 gave similar performance with only 4 EQ points. Johnson had a bigger punch.

 

Hades mentioned its use in war growing by 7700% after the update. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sayukta    112

to be honest, i feel like m1 carbine needs accuracy buff..
cause being semiauto and 15round mag, weapon isn't good at mid range. whereas m2 with full auto and 30 round mag is way more accurate at midrange.

innitially even I tried m1 thinking its accurate than m2 at mid range but I end up connecting less shot to the enemy compared to that of m2...

and then there's beng calculator that clearly shown m2 is better at midrange....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Krzysiek5657    975
On 3/19/2021 at 10:34 PM, OC_Ludwig said:

Hades mentioned its use in war growing by 7700% after the update. 

well, from non-existing state to rarely used... you could say even that growth was even bigger and it would be more or less true (poor performance, and para only weapon).

It's even more meme weapon than running with pistol and great way to scam newcomers

 

i can imagine that newcomers can trick themself that it's the same weapon as m2 carbine, finally most of vets run with weapon named m1/m2 carbine :) 

luckily it's cheap weapon, so i dont expect much cries about it 

Edited

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OC_Ludwig    503
2 hours ago, Krzysiek5657 said:

i can imagine that newcomers can trick themself that it's the same weapon as m2 carbine,

i dont expect much cries about it 

 

I saw people on forums saying that "it's OP and it's an American AVS but it unlocks at level 5 and costs 46k". Delusion is terrible, it goes from new players to supposed veterans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PrivateMarkosL    390
3 hours ago, OC_Ludwig said:

 

I saw people on forums saying that "it's OP and it's an American AVS but it unlocks at level 5 and costs 46k". Delusion is terrible, it goes from new players to supposed veterans.

It was a meme

 

Everybody who took it seriously is delusional.That,i will agree with you.

Edited

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SJGunn    322

The regular semi-auto M1 carbine has it's place.  I look at it as the "'4th pistol" for US players that has better range than regular pistols.  Weight is good and you can have 150 rds with only 5 weight points.  Performance does suck compared to other main weapons, so mods are necessary which unfortunately make it expensive to use.  Best is the para version which has 150 rd capacity with only only 4 weight points..... but Reto only gives those to para right now.       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a free game account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this