NJCQEC

(Proving) M2 Carbine is expensive...

NJCQEC    80

Well, Well, Well. It's that time of the month again, for me to complain about the M2's price tag... but this time I'm comparing it to our other AR's in the game... amazing!
Now, This is going to be based on the H&G calculator, however you could also go into the game, and figure it out yourself. Today I'll be using 4 different loadouts, Note that AVS has multiple bullets, and I'll be using every single one for the comparisons. 

1). Raw, plain raw. 

• Sturmgewehr 44 = a cost of 1.10 per bullet, totaling to 33.00 per mag. The raw version has a TTK of 240 near, meaning it's slightly behind the AVS, however that doesn't account for stability/recoil/aim/lag
  • AVS-36 = A cost of 0.52 per shot, totaling to 7.80 per mag. The raw version has the lowest TTk nearing 220, it's on the top but again, that doesn't adjust for different factors
  • M2 Carbine = A cost of 0.73 per bullet, totaling to 21.90 per mag. The raw version has the highest TTK of 312 far. We're over 20 words in, and it's already the worst. 

As you can tell ladies and Gentlemen, the M2 Carbine is obviously worse than the other 2 AR's when it comes to no mods combat, but this doesn't exactly exclude it yet. When Modded correctly, the M2 Carbine can undeniably be pretty good at CQC, even on the rate SMG's are. Let's continue...

2). Trigger + Sights

• Sturmgewehr 44 = Cost of 3.02 per bullet, Sights costing 1.08, and Trigger 0.84. the total mag costs 90.60 per, and racking up a TTK value of 223ms. Again, this doesn't adjust for factors.
  • AVS-36 = Cost of 2.44, sights costing 1.08, and Trigger 0.84. The total mag costs 36.60 (Note: The STG has a higher base weapon repair) TTK value of 204ms. Factors.
  • M2 Carbine = cost of 4.92 per bullet, Sights costing 1.79, Trigger 2.40. The total mag costs 147.60, and racking up a TTK value of 284ms. Factors.

The M2 Carbine is soaring off into the hell fire of (what used to be) your wallet. So, for less TTKs value and a higher repair/firerate, you better choose the M2. Let's also mention how this thing does at range, because that's pretty bad to. While the AVS and STG don't drop off until 45 meters, the M2 drops off at 34 meters... meaning that you'll need to hit 5 torso shots, with a high RPM gun at range... your wallet, it's non-existent.

3). Bullet + Trigger + Light S.

• Sturmgewehr 44 = Cost of 6.97 per Bullet, Bullet costing 1.85, Trigger 0.84, and Spring 3.18. The total mag costs 209 per, racking up a TTK value of 208. Factors.
  • AVS-36 = Cost of 6.76 per bullet, bullet costing 2.13 to 6.23, Trigger 0.84, and spring 3.18. The total mag costs 100.50 to 161, racking up a TTK value of 190ms. Recoil... big factor, lmao
  • M2 Carbine = Cost of 6.32 per bullet, bullet costing 0.55, Trigger 2.40, spring 2.65. The total mag costs 189 per, racking up a TTK value of 170ms. you know :P

While it may seem as if Carbine is the best option, it's not. Compared to the other max ROF AR's, the Carbine has nearly 100 over the AVS, and 125 over the STG, That equals to roughly "2.556818181818183" seconds mag dump, while on the other hand the STG has a mag dump of "3.114186851211073" seconds. AVS has a mag dump of "1.426307448494453" however, if you adjusted it for a 30 mag, you'd get "2.852614896988906" seconds. 

4). Fully, modded.

• Sturmgewehr 44 = Cost of 8.89 per shot, Bullet costing 1.85, Trigger 0.84, Spring 3.18, Sight 1.08, and Barrel 0.84, total mag costs 266.70 per, TTK value of 208. 
  • AVS-36 = Cost of 12.69 (sniper rounds) per shot, Bullet costing 6.23, Trigger 0.84, Spring 3.18, Sights 1.08, barrel 1.08. nearly 190 per mag, TTK value of 190. Recoil... You aren't running this
  • M2 Carbine = Cost of 10.58 per shot, Bullet costing 0.55, Trigger 2.40, spring 2.65, Sights 1.79, and barrel 2.48. Total mag costs 317.40 per, and TTK value of 170. 

Now, on a "How much am I spending per second" basis, the AVS is leading in price, coming in at around "133.4565" credits per perfect second. The M2 carbine is 2nd, with a "124.1386666666667" per second cost. and the STG is 3rd, with a whopping "85.64033333333333" per second cost. So as we can see, the M2 isn't the most expensive, or the least expensive... however, that doesn't exactly mean it's off the hook yet, because let's be real, how often do we see fully modded weapons in good 'Ol war? Not often, because people aren't stupid. Just a quick reminder, you don't need a bullet on the AVS or STG for it to be 3HK, and you also don't need accuracy mods for hitting anything beyond 50 meters, so in reality, you need MORE mods on the M2 Carbine for it to compete with the other AR's, while the other AR's don't require them. In actual combat, you’re most likely NOT going to run a fully modded loadout, due to common sense, however I personally believe that a number 2 for the AVS and STG is needed in order to compete, while the M2 requires a number 3 to compete.

These Stats are based on the perfect world, they don't account for Accuracy, Recoil, Range, or Target. So, you're probably going to end up with a WAYYY higher bill on the M2, than you do on the AVS or STG, My point and case is this: The M2 carbine is priced at an AR, when in reality it's close to an SMG. I honestly love using the M2, it's (As I've said) A thompson on steroids, probably the 3rd best gun for CQC behind the PPSH and MG42. As it stands, US is the worst faction in the game... hands down, you may think "oH well you have Carbine" but how many people actually wield carbine compared to GE users and STGs? That's what I thought, not as often. Sure, SU isn't that great, but at least they have guns like the DP-28, AVS-36, and PPSH-42 that are pretty good. 

Edited
Spacing, Points, When will it end?

AanLimbo    30

I personally don't use the m1/m2 exactly because it only competes modded, and when modded you get 5k profit IF lucky. There's absolutely no reason to use m1/m2 over AVS, STG which perform top level and farm you credits. Good luck not getting your thread derailed.

I don't think anyone says the m1/m2 is underpowered but it's clearly a overpriced SMG, come on. Honestly it's the 2nd most easy mode AR out of STG and AVS. But again both of those stock outperform m1m2 any day

Edited
h

marcushoph    0

I've not even bought the M2, even though I have it unlocked. I've picked up M2s from dead teammates before, but I would still find it way easier to kill enemies with the Johnson. I guess I just use the Johnson a lot and actually know it quite well?

NJCQEC    80
5 hours ago, marcushoph said:

I've not even bought the M2, even though I have it unlocked. I've picked up M2s from dead teammates before, but I would still find it way easier to kill enemies with the Johnson. I guess I just use the Johnson a lot and actually know it quite well?

I'd suggest buying the B.A.R, it's a clunky AVS of sorts right now, without the recoil. Johnson... well that thing is trash, the sights with flash + Smoke + recoil just make it a god awful weapon to use... I'd stick with BAR

AanLimbo    30
17 minutes ago, NJCQEC said:

I'd suggest buying the B.A.R, it's a clunky AVS of sorts right now, without the recoil. Johnson... well that thing is trash, the sights with flash + Smoke + recoil just make it a god awful weapon to use... I'd stick with BAR

BAR is absolutely terrible and I recommend you to not compare it to the AVS ever again in your life.

d|ng    3,321
9 hours ago, marcushoph said:

Johnson is fun yeah, especially with Chrome barrel so you 3hk everything, but it has issues when a) your targets are behind a wall and only their heads are sticking up,  b) farther distance targets (it's more inaccurate than M2 now),  c) dying while reloading simulator in CQB--has similar but not as bad issue compared to AVS.  I would say M2 is better in all these situations.

d|ng    3,321
2 hours ago, AanLimbo said:

BAR is absolutely terrible and I recommend you to not compare it to the AVS ever again in your life.

I can see where he is coming from.   Something about the handling on the BAR though where it feels like you're swinging a huge broom around not a gun.  Super obnoxious gun to use unless you stand perfectly still.  I tried yesterday to revisit what the best build for it would be and nothing was really satisfying.  I guess full ROF, stock bullet, and chrome barrel so you can 3hk HSS.  Using M72 on BAR is fun but frustrating like using 7N1 on AVS.

NJCQEC    80
38 minutes ago, SuperKillerManOfDeath said:

m2 carbine being expensive is fair.... IN FACT, it is not expensive enough! if it's going to be so OP then may as well make it super expensive to use

Hell yeah! And you know what we need to do next? More recoil for the Johnson, and increased zoom on the sights! That thing is obviously too OP! am I right? 

Bibor    674
10 hours ago, SuperKillerManOfDeath said:

m2 carbine being expensive is fair.... IN FACT, it is not expensive enough! if it's going to be so OP then may as well make it super expensive to use

There are other OP weapons that are cheap to repair mainly lmgs even modded but when you use a stock mg42 for example practically no repair cost. What about them? Shouldn't be those super expensive to use? 

Are you trolling or being sarcastic?

Edited

Venecian    0
2 hours ago, Bibor said:

There are other OP weapons that are cheap to repair mainly lmgs even modded but when you use a stock mg42 for example practically no repair cost. What about them? Shouldn't be those super expensive to use? 

Are you trolling or being sarcastic?

Troll for sure!

AanLimbo    30
13 hours ago, SuperKillerManOfDeath said:

You never touched the US faction. Stop trolling and trying to derail the post.

Bibor    674
2 hours ago, AanLimbo said:

I love how some Ge mains set their faction Us or Su in forum and behave likewise. 

Edited

5 hours ago, AanLimbo said:

03H9bNY.png

Yeah? No, the M2 Carbine is BROKEN OP... it needs to be MEGA NERFED or made EXPENSIVE.  Are you new and did you buy a 2016 account?

AanLimbo    30
12 minutes ago, SuperKillerManOfDeath said:

03H9bNY.png

Yeah? No, the M2 Carbine is BROKEN OP... it needs to be MEGA NERFED or made EXPENSIVE.  Are you new and did you buy a 2016 account?

You're genuinely trolling at this point with those joke stats LMAO. Just leave now child

1 minute ago, AanLimbo said:

You're genuinely trolling at this point with those joke stats LMAO. Just leave now child

OK you're OBVIOUSLY a troll and it's quite hilarous... Post stats or get good kid

NJCQEC    80
3 hours ago, SuperKillerManOfDeath said:

03H9bNY.png

Lmao, 11% accuracy... that sure does back up your argument
Let's see your AVS and STG stats kid, I'd really like to compare those.  

1 hour ago, NJCQEC said:

Lmao, 11% accuracy... that sure does back up your argument
Let's see your AVS and STG stats kid, I'd really like to compare those.  

How much Call of Duty do you play on a daily basis? At least several hours?

NJCQEC    80
2 minutes ago, SuperKillerManOfDeath said:

How much Call of Duty do you play on a daily basis? At least several hours?

Lmao, I play D2 but not COD... I've never gotten into those games, they're not my thing. 

Bibor    674
16 hours ago, SuperKillerManOfDeath said:

03H9bNY.png

I have about 10 hours playtime with the starter smgs and I used them until I could buy better smgs. So your 11 hours mean you rarely use it considering you play with this account fro 4 years.

Now pls show your GE weapons playtime......

Edited