Sign in to follow this  
RussianSniper01

Ak47

welp, US are getting an M2 Carbine now, not an M1/m2. Which was literally Cold War post war gun. I think with that being said soviets can have AK47 now, and no, this aint a joke. if US are getting a postwar gun, why not GE and SU?

skanki    53

M2 carbines production started in April 1945 while M1/M2 is just a M1 converted to M2 standard.

Get your facts together man.

Xanotos    675
19 minutes ago, skanki said:

Get your facts together man.

The bayonet lug, flash hider and other features indicate that it's a clear post-war model

Edited

skanki    53
1 minute ago, Xanotos said:

The bayonet lug, flash hider and other features indicate that it's a clear post-war model

Oh my mistake then.

I guess the Ak47 goes well with Chechen war era camos anyway.

PrivateMarkosL    390

The flash hider is not the M3 Carbine's hider.It's the T23 Flash hider,which saw use in WW2 before being adopted as M3 Flash hider.M2 Carbine is not really post war either.The best RETO could do is give normal STG44 to Soviet Union with all mods instead of buying a 1 mil. captured STG44,Because the AVS36 sure handles and isn't,an Assault rifle.

PS:i don't like the flash hider either,it looks like it's blocking the front sight and also,they were too rare.It'd make more sense without the flash hider.If only it actually blocks the damn smoke it will be useful.

Edited

Xanotos    675
On 2/21/2021 at 11:35 AM, PrivateMarkosL said:

The flash hider is not the M3 Carbine's hider.It's the T23 Flash hider,which saw use in WW2 before being adopted as M3 Flash hider.M2 Carbine is not really post war either.The best RETO could do is give normal STG44 to Soviet Union with all mods instead of buying a 1 mil. captured STG44,Because the AVS36 sure handles and isn't,an Assault rifle.

PS:i don't like the flash hider either,it looks like it's blocking the front sight and also,they were too rare.It'd make more sense without the flash hider.If only it actually blocks the damn smoke it will be useful.

The type 3 barrel band with bayonet lug still is practically a post-war feature. Production started during ww2 and they were shipped into depots for refitting alongside newer M1 Carbines but M1s with bayonet lugs were not issued to combat troops, much less to anyone in Europe. The only period picture is from May 1945 from Iwo Jima. Reto has a habit of adding never used/barely ww2/incredibly rare equipment

skanki    53
On 2/21/2021 at 9:35 AM, PrivateMarkosL said:

The best RETO could do is give normal STG44 to Soviet Union with all mods instead of buying a 1 mil. captured STG44,Because the AVS36 sure handles and isn't,an Assault rifle.

Mods on capped weapons are confirmed, bye bye last bit of difference between the factions.

PrivateMarkosL    390
5 hours ago, skanki said:

Mods on capped weapons are confirmed, bye bye last bit of difference between the factions.

i don't mean Captured STG44 with captured mods.I mean the normal STG44.AVS36 is NOT an Assault rifle and also runs out of Ammo fast since it's only 15 rounds.

7 hours ago, Xanotos said:

The type 3 barrel band with bayonet lug still is practically a post-war feature. Production started during ww2 and they were shipped into depots for refitting alongside newer M1 Carbines but M1s with bayonet lugs were not issued to combat troops, much less to anyone in Europe. The only period picture is from May 1945 from Iwo Jima. Reto has a habit of adding never used/barely ww2/incredibly rare equipment

I thought the Iwo Jima photo is before Germany capitulated.Oh well anyways,why the hell did US Army make the M4 Bayonet before making a bayonet lug on the M1 Carbine.Before it was the M3 Combat Knife then for some reason readopted it as the M4 Bayonet when the M1 did NOT have a bayonet lug.

YJD704-G-F2-L-640x156.jpg

^M1/M2 Carbine(T4 Conversion model.Reto should have sticked with that model since it's STILL in the game).

Edited

Xanotos    675
2 hours ago, PrivateMarkosL said:

AVS36 is NOT an Assault rifle

Who says it is? The select fire carbines aren't assault rifles either

2 hours ago, PrivateMarkosL said:

why the hell did US Army make the M4 Bayonet before making a bayonet lug on the M1 Carbine

The bayonet lugs were designed in 1944 alongside the bayonet but weren't issued until mid-1945, also the M1/M2 is not a real designation

PrivateMarkosL    390
21 hours ago, Xanotos said:

Who says it is? The select fire carbines aren't assault rifles either

The bayonet lugs were designed in 1944 alongside the bayonet but weren't issued until mid-1945, also the M1/M2 is not a real designation

WWIIcarbineswithbayonetlugs_zpsac800f43.

Apperantly the barrel band with Bayonet lug did see some use.Maybe not in Europe though.