NJCQEC

Why does M1919 suck?

NJCQEC    80

Everytime I use this gun, I swear it has worse recoil than the MG42. It's rediculous, Pre-Flames Of War update it was perfectly balanced. Now? It's complete sh*t, I run it Raw, ROF mods, or the opposite, it's still the worse LMG in the game... I take that back, the JMG is worse. But it still sucks... why?

WilliesJeep    188

US is pretty screwed right now. We pretty much only have the M1G and the M1M2. The US LMGs are nowhere near their former glory and fall short when compared to the other factions counterparts. Same for the Thompson with its lower bullet velocity, making it harder to get the easy hipfire headshots that the MP40 and PPS can get. US is really lacking a good mid ranged automatic weapon and it shows. Honestly the captured stg is one of the best US weapons right now. 

NJCQEC    80
2 hours ago, WilliesJeep said:

US is pretty screwed right now. We pretty much only have the M1G and the M1M2. The US LMGs are nowhere near their former glory and fall short when compared to the other factions counterparts. Same for the Thompson with its lower bullet velocity, making it harder to get the easy hipfire headshots that the MP40 and PPS can get. US is really lacking a good mid ranged automatic weapon and it shows. Honestly the captured stg is one of the best US weapons right now. 

Honestly, it's insane.

M2/M1 Carbine - Lacks range, it's basically a T4 SMG with god awful full ring sights (half ring sights? O;) Fire rate makes it expensive.

M1919 - Recoil makes it terrible to use, MG42 without the Fire rate to back it. Sights aren't terrible.

BAR - Basically a clunky 20 round AVS, somewhat decent for mid range. Sights aren't that bad, probably the best gun US has rn. 

Thompson - Worst SMG in the game, even Grease could outperform that thing. 

JMG - Terrible sights, terrible recoil, and probably the WORST gun in the game. 

M1G - Best SA, but isn't good for CQC...

Everything was nearly balanced before the FOW update... why?

WilliesJeep    188
12 minutes ago, NJCQEC said:

Honestly, it's insane.

M2/M1 Carbine - Lacks range, it's basically a T4 SMG with god awful full ring sights (half ring sights? O;) Fire rate makes it expensive.

M1919 - Recoil makes it terrible to use, MG42 without the Fire rate to back it. Sights aren't terrible.

BAR - Basically a clunky 20 round AVS, somewhat decent for mid range. Sights aren't that bad, probably the best gun US has rn. 

Thompson - Worst SMG in the game, even Grease could outperform that thing. 

JMG - Terrible sights, terrible recoil, and probably the WORST gun in the game. 

Everything was nearly balanced before the FOW update... why?

I’d say M2 is the best US gun right now, but I disagree about the Thompson being the worst smg. It’s still quite usable just suffers a bit compared to the other T2s due to the lower velocity. I also disagree about the M1G being the best SA, that goes to the SVT with its higher rpm and velocity. 

CashBanooca    35
16 hours ago, WilliesJeep said:

I’d say M2 is the best US gun right now, but I disagree about the Thompson being the worst smg. It’s still quite usable just suffers a bit compared to the other T2s due to the lower velocity. I also disagree about the M1G being the best SA, that goes to the SVT with its higher rpm and velocity. 

I would say the svt and m1g are roughly equal , what the SVT has in ROF  the m1g has in increased accuracy , the m1g has lower ammo but the svt recoil is a little less predictable so it all stays the same In my opinion , the g43 however in my opinion beats  the m1g in accuracy , lacks ROF tho

out of all the weapons in this game I would dare to say that the semi auto rifles in this game are probably the most balanced weapon group even tho I am 1000% sure that by this point of the post 20 wehraboos will angrily have started writing a 20 page essay on why the g43 is absolutely unusable and gets destroyed by the m1g and SVT  but I guess thats the nature of the game

what I do however agree on kind of is that the thompson is not a bad gun in itself but I think the m1m2 just fills the same role MUCH MUCH better and makes the thompson kind of obsolete

Infact im almost sure that the stock m1m2 without mods performs better than a modded thompson

As to OPs question why the 1919 is bad , its probably because HMGs are extremely stupid to use now that they basicly need the bipods to be effective

as for the recoil , there are a few ways to make the 1919 a bit better , just add sights and the accuracy barrel , raw damage is not always the best option  if you need the additional ROF just try the spring , it doesnt add the instability the trigger does , with TGG and deadeye you should be fine as long as you dont sprint , but thats something all HMGs share right now

A lot of the US weapons have the problems that they are not technicaly bad guns but they are greatly outshined by other factions OP guns

f.e the BAR is not a bad weapon for what it is , its just that it has to compete with the dp28 and the memegun34 that are both insanely good right now

WilliesJeep    188
4 minutes ago, EmilWisni said:

Because you have to get good with it.

That would be the case if it weren't directly inferior to its counterparts. Yes its still a useable weapon its just harder to use and not worth the payoff when compared to MT and MG42

cellbuilder2    16

I would go so far as to say that the Thompson is one of the better CQC weapons the US have. The damn thing is a sniper, not as much as the mp40 so I digress on that.

But anyways despite the low bullet velocity, I can make plays all the other weapons can only dream about. Yesterday I got into a really nice factory match. Now I am not the best player in the world and usually kind of suck when multiple people are shooting at me. In said Factory match, a bunch of OG soviets were invading a room. I killed three of them in a multikill with one mag and then died shortly thereafter. I got 51-34 in that match. This is something that I am fairly sure the grease gun is incapable of doing.

I own the frogskin camo for the grease gun since I used to only play with that thing for so long. I hope that gives you an idea of how long I used that piece of shirt. I KNOW how the grease gun plays.

The Thompson has superior sights, decent range and stopping power. About the ranged combat though, the ROF mods dont terribly affect stability. So I have been able to W + M1 players from a long ways away. It is simply a heavy powered lasergun at long distances.

With a little bit of experience you can nullify the shirty projectile speed, you can predict the path of an enemy vehicle  and shoot ahead of it, you will predict where the enemy will be and shoot him.

I think the Thompson is a very versatile and decent weapon for the US. Dont blaim the game for your inability to adapt and learn.

WilliesJeep    188
39 minutes ago, cellbuilder2 said:

I would go so far as to say that the Thompson is one of the better CQC weapons the US have. The damn thing is a sniper, not as much as the mp40 so I digress on that.

But anyways despite the low bullet velocity, I can make plays all the other weapons can only dream about. Yesterday I got into a really nice factory match. Now I am not the best player in the world and usually kind of suck when multiple people are shooting at me. In said Factory match, a bunch of OG soviets were invading a room. I killed three of them in a multikill with one mag and then died shortly thereafter. I got 51-34 in that match. This is something that I am fairly sure the grease gun is incapable of doing.

I own the frogskin camo for the grease gun since I used to only play with that thing for so long. I hope that gives you an idea of how long I used that piece of shirt. I KNOW how the grease gun plays.

The Thompson has superior sights, decent range and stopping power. About the ranged combat though, the ROF mods dont terribly affect stability. So I have been able to W + M1 players from a long ways away. It is simply a heavy powered lasergun at long distances.

With a little bit of experience you can nullify the shirty projectile speed, you can predict the path of an enemy vehicle  and shoot ahead of it, you will predict where the enemy will be and shoot him.

I think the Thompson is a very versatile and decent weapon for the US. Dont blaim the game for your inability to adapt and learn.

The Thompson is definitely better than the grease gun, and all the other T1 SMGs, but it falls short when comparing it to the other factions high tier SMGs like the MP40 and PPS. This isn't too much of a problem because the M2 does the same job as an SMG but better. The Thompson is a cool looking and sounding gun and I wish it was as viable as the other SMGs. I just want it to have a bit better bullet velocity like the MP40 and PPS.

d|ng    3,321

I think with the recent MG42 nerf the 1919 is more than comparable.  You'll notice a difference in range effectiveness using the MT and 1919 compared to the MG42.  1919 has more visual recoil but overall the MG42 will definitely raise far more than the 1919 when firing.

That being said @drhoops was right;  MG34 is broken AF OP right now.  Had a chance to play it and it's total easy-to-control cheese @ 800rpm.  They need to fix it.

As far as other US weapons... M2, BAR, Thompson are competitive, but yes there's still a reason to use a captured StG unfortunately, which is dumb.  Ideally they'd just reduce the fire rate on the M2 but increase its accuracy further.  BAR is really good after the update, seriously.  Thompson is still extremely good at CQC hipfiring.  It only has range/velocity issues compared to MP40 and PPS, but meh.  Yes JMG is still not worth trying to use against competent targets.

I'd still rather play US right now than SU...

Hippieman83    185

my personal opinion on the 1919 is it needs a very slight recoil buff on the horizonal recoil, and it's good. Otherwise it's a solid defending weapon. 

SGTRock007    4
On 2/7/2021 at 7:53 PM, WilliesJeep said:

I totally agree here; Thompson should be better, a bit more impact damage, especially against the ridiculous Russian PPSH-41 with a 70 round magazine. This weapon is like an MG42 on speed!

I've gone close range against this PPSH with the Thompson every time it's the PPSH that kills first. No wonder all budding noobs go over to the Russian sides!

RETO if your reading this, how about a bit more damage on the Thomson to even out things, please.

Arth    23

hmm i love the 1919 and bar

m1918 - trigger - heavy bolt - chrome
m1919 - sight - heavy spring - chrome

NJCQEC    80
34 minutes ago, Arth said:

hmm i love the 1919 and bar

m1918 - trigger - heavy bolt - chrome
m1919 - sight - heavy spring - chrome

I thought they decrease the damage, so It wouldn't 2 tap.

Edited
Cause I'm just that good

Rihardo456    102
On 2/7/2021 at 11:06 PM, NJCQEC said:

Soviets got best SA

WilliesJeep    188
6 minutes ago, Rihardo456 said:

Soviets got best SA

I really like both the M1G and the SVT, they are both very strong and its really a matter of preference.