Artystar

Hoarder Badge not working in specific config

Recommended Posts

Artystar    0

I have a US infantryman set up with two weapons - an M1/M2 with ZERO pouches in slot one and a 1905 in slot 2 with one pouch (45 rounds)

I have equipped him with Hoarder and Nimble for badges

The problem is, I do NOT get the extra clips for my primary weapon.  I show up with 30 (in the gun) and 000 extra

If I swap out the 1905 for an M1G with one pouch, then I get 30 in the gun and 90 rounds in my pocket (gold Hoarder). 

Why?  This is so frustrating.  I have screen shots demonstrating all this, but I can't attach them....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SirHeresy    545

This will not work because the M1/M2 is considered a rifle (assault rifle) and hoarder will only work with one weapon for each weapon type that you have in your load out.  For example you can run a SMG with your M1903 rifle or the Garand.  Rifle + rifle only will give ammo to one of the weapons.  Rifle + SMG will give ammo to both with Hoarder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SirHeresy    545
2 hours ago, KP78 said:

not at all. it says "2 extra clip" and get only one. omg.

Hmm, seems to be working fine for my characters.  Are you following the rules described by me before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OC_Ludwig    503
On 2/2/2021 at 1:56 AM, Artystar said:

I have a US infantryman set up with two weapons - an M1/M2 with ZERO pouches in slot one and a 1905 in slot 2 with one pouch (45 rounds)

I have equipped him with Hoarder and Nimble for badges

The problem is, I do NOT get the extra clips for my primary weapon.  I show up with 30 (in the gun) and 000 extra

If I swap out the 1905 for an M1G with one pouch, then I get 30 in the gun and 90 rounds in my pocket (gold Hoarder). 

Why?  This is so frustrating.  I have screen shots demonstrating all this, but I can't attach them....

 

 

Please upload a screenshot to a host like https://imgur.com/ so we can understand what the issue is.

 

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Artystar    0
On 2/1/2021 at 10:44 PM, SirHeresy said:

This will not work because the M1/M2 is considered a rifle (assault rifle) and hoarder will only work with one weapon for each weapon type that you have in your load out.  For example you can run a SMG with your M1903 rifle or the Garand.  Rifle + rifle only will give ammo to one of the weapons.  Rifle + SMG will give ammo to both with Hoarder.

I'm not sure I understand this comment.  Hoarder only affects one weapon, not two.  When I have two rifles, NEITHER one gets a bonus.  The rule of Hoarder not working when having two rifles seems arbitrary, but I guess they can make up whatever rules they want.  This used to work, so I'm not sure why they felt the need to make this "enhancement".

 

On 2/2/2021 at 1:22 PM, KP78 said:

not at all. it says "2 extra clip" and get only one. omg.

Actually...I get ZERO extra clips.  Even if you don't have Hoarder, if you still get 30 rounds in the rifle.  I should get 3 extra clips because it is Gold, and I get none.

 

Anyway, thanks guys.  It just seems like an arbitrary rule to punish your configuration when you have two rifles, but I guess that's the way it is.  I'll chalk it up to one more thing about this game that annoys me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SirHeresy    545
31 minutes ago, Artystar said:

I'm not sure I understand this comment.  Hoarder only affects one weapon, not two.  When I have two rifles, NEITHER one gets a bonus.  The rule of Hoarder not working when having two rifles seems arbitrary, but I guess they can make up whatever rules they want.  This used to work, so I'm not sure why they felt the need to make this "enhancement".

I have not had a problem with.  I suggest posting a screenshot of your setup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OC_Ludwig    503
10 hours ago, Artystar said:

'm not sure I understand this comment.  Hoarder only affects one weapon, not two

 

Hoarder doesn't affect one weapon. Hoarder affects multiple weapons on one category each.

 

gVewklE.png

 

I carry 60 AVS rounds and 8 rockets. Both weapons get extra ammo.

 

Again. Attach a screenshot so we can check what's going on with your weapon config.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

same thing has happened to me. Using the same configuration and with bronze and silver badge it worked fine. I hit gold and then the m1/m2 can no longer get the hoarder extra clips.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OC_Ludwig    503

Again: pics or nothing. I'm beginning to think that this has to do with bad equipment point management, but I can't confirm it without seeing the setups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

same thing has happened to me. Using the same configuration and with bronze and silver badge it worked fine. I hit gold and then the m1/m2 can no longer get the hoarder extra clips.

how do I attach . see no button just add from url

 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2385700557

 

Edited

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2021 at 9:44 AM, SirHeresy said:

This will not work because the M1/M2 is considered a rifle (assault rifle) and hoarder will only work with one weapon for each weapon type that you have in your load out. For example you can run a SMG with your M1903 rifle or the Garand. Rifle + rifle only will give ammo to one of the weapons. Rifle + SMG will give ammo to both with Hoarder.

SVT and DT have a common cartridge. But "hoarding" works for both weapons.
But if you take 2 SVT per soldier, then the "hoarding" will only work on the first rifle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SirHeresy    545
1 hour ago, Redrick_Alexander_Schuhart said:

SVT and DT have a common cartridge. But "hoarding" works for both weapons.
But if you take 2 SVT per soldier, then the "hoarding" will only work on the first rifle.

SVT --> Rifle

DT --> Machine Gun

The cartridge is not the determining factor here.  Hoarder works because H&G sees the SVT and DT as two different weapon types.  Where as a rifle, semi-auto rifle, and assault rifle are all considered the same weapon type (rifle).

 

If you use the same weapon type (SVT+SVT), only one of the weapons gets the benefit of Hoarder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Borgward    11
3 hours ago, HenryX2 said:

Please fix it

Nothing to be fixed, as it has been explained above.

You have weapons that fall in the same categories. In such case, hoarder is applied only to one of the weapons. You can try swapping, and moving the weapons until the extra mags go to the M2. I guess at the moment your m1903 has has 65 rounds.

https://imgur.com/mAjiayD.jpg
https://imgur.com/gKmyqjn.jpg
https://imgur.com/1O1G0Ox.jpg

Check my photos - the extra clip went to M2 carbine, but the rifle has 50 bullets(so it is not affected).

 

The same behavior you have for AVS and SVT-40/Mosin:

https://imgur.com/eRGk3du.jpg
https://imgur.com/LmguNCW.jpg
https://imgur.com/uC4Pufu.jpg

 

Now when it comes to the Germans, it is not quite like that, and you can combine STG and rifle (K98 and Ge-43)

https://imgur.com/bJQBWEu.jpg
https://imgur.com/Gw83srb.jpg
https://imgur.com/QDjyxvi.jpg

 

However, the German STG counts as an SMG, and you are not getting recon ribbon progress when doing head shots with it (unlike with rifles and carbines).

YDN0gdD.jpg
1EBaFwx.jpg
SamGQ1M.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Artystar    0

They just changed the classification of the M2 Carbine to be "Assault weapon".  Wouldn't that make it a different class of weapon from a "bolt-action rifle"?  I wish they would fix this!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HenryX2    0
3 hours ago, Borgward said:

正如上面已經解釋過的,沒有什麼要解決的。

您擁有屬於同一類別的武器。在這種情況下,ho積工具僅適用於其中一種武器。您可以嘗試交換武器並移動武器,直到多餘的彈藥進入M2。我想您的m1903目前有65發子彈。

https://imgur.com/mAjiayD.jpg
https://imgur.com/gKmyqjn.jpg
https://imgur.com/1O1G0Ox.jpg

檢查我的照片-額外的剪輯放到了M2卡賓槍上,但是步槍有50發子彈(因此不受影響)。

 

您對AVS和SVT-40 / Mosin具有相同的行為:

https://imgur.com/eRGk3du.jpg
https://imgur.com/LmguNCW.jpg
https://imgur.com/uC4Pufu.jpg

 

現在談到德國人時,情況並非如此,您可以將STG和步槍(K98和Ge-43)結合使用

https://imgur.com/bJQBWEu.jpg
https://imgur.com/Gw83srb.jpg
https://imgur.com/QDjyxvi.jpg

 

但是,德國STG算是SMG了,用它進行頭部射擊時,您不會獲得偵察色帶的進展(與步槍和卡賓槍不同)。

YDN0gdD.jpg
1EBaFwx.jpg
SamGQ1M.jpg

 

 

 

Why not let all weapons get extra ammunition?
This will not upset the balance
Compared to grabbing guns
(Google Translate)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Borgward    11
7 hours ago, HenryX2 said:

Please fix it

Nothing to be fixed, as it has been explained above.

You have weapons that fall in the same categories. In such case, hoarder is applied only to one of the weapons. You can try swapping, and moving the weapons until the extra mags go to the M2. I guess at the moment your m1903 has has 65 rounds.

https://imgur.com/mAjiayD.jpg
https://imgur.com/gKmyqjn.jpg
https://imgur.com/1O1G0Ox.jpg

Check my photos - the extra clip went to M2 carbine, but the rifle has 50 bullets(so it is not affected).

 

The same behavior you have for AVS and SVT-40/Mosin:

https://imgur.com/eRGk3du.jpg
https://imgur.com/LmguNCW.jpg
https://imgur.com/uC4Pufu.jpg

 

Now when it comes to the Germans, it is not quite like that, and you can combine STG and rifle (K98 and Ge-43)

https://imgur.com/bJQBWEu.jpg
https://imgur.com/Gw83srb.jpg
https://imgur.com/QDjyxvi.jpg

 

However, the German STG counts as an SMG, and you are not getting recon ribbon progress when doing head shots with it (unlike with rifles and carbines).

YDN0gdD.jpg
1EBaFwx.jpg
SamGQ1M.jpg

 

Because it was abused a lot in the past from people running with several pistols, two PPSH's or a couple of AT projectiles, etc. Just like Dynamite lover has been nerfed as there were soldiers running with stacks of Hand grenades. I don't see "the big" issue here, with some drop&drags you can get the M2 with full ammo and the rifle will still have 50 bullets...

There are a lot of complaints even now, as players use Heavy bolt rifles with SMG for self protection, or Rifles+MG, and so on. You can go with bazzooka (or shreck) with top tier MG, not to speak about BAR, DP and MG13. I personally find the hoarder badge very useful as it is giving a lot of options, but many think otherwise...

 

https://imgur.com/tCGUo91.jpg
https://imgur.com/alZoRNV.jpg

Edited
double image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.