liverare

I freaking love the PTRS

liverare    160

8yKvR0v.png

w0lTYbP.png

weE1poB.jpg

A whole round just swatting flies. I love it.

Edited
please no nerf >.<

fatal-is    716

Hehehehe, its indeed fun and dirty cheap to run, I named mine "Absolutely not P2W". :)

Blahnjah    71

All germans positive k/d but what else is new.

What planes are were those? Reto's superb game design gets in the way of the icons.
Recons are a meme to shoot down, heavy are manageable, but I can't really get shots on the faster mediums most times. 
Even perfecty lined up shots to the pilot cabin when they fly 10 meters above me fail and I'm pretty sure it's down to the game crapping out when stuff flies really fast.

5 minutes ago, Blahnjah said:

Even perfecty lined up shots to the pilot cabin when they fly 10 meters above me fail and I'm pretty sure it's down to the game crapping out when stuff flies really fast.

you need to lead the shots, bullets are faster than tank shells but still kind of slow vs fast moving targets

Blahnjah    71
2 minutes ago, b.j.blazkovitch said:

you need to lead the shots, bullets are faster than tank shells but still kind of slow vs fast moving targets

I don't know, even on a plane flying really low, like at ppsh range? I'll try it but id doesn't sound right to me. I've assumed shooting at the pilot cabin at that range would be all the lead I could possibly need.

46 minutes ago, Blahnjah said:

I don't know, even on a plane flying really low, like at ppsh range? I'll try it but id doesn't sound right to me. I've assumed shooting at the pilot cabin at that range would be all the lead I could possibly need.

yes, you can also hit para planes with pretty big lead

1 hour ago, Blahnjah said:

definitely not a PPSH range, it actually has one of the biggest range among side tank shell

first time I discovered that PTRS was best AA was while using mustang, I was really high in the sky, taking altitude in a straight line, they I saw a huge bullet brush against my plane, I was kinda surprised and didn't immediatly realized what it was, then I saw another of this bullet hitting my plane at an insane speed and distance, instantly destroying it (I was at 1km high)

it's just absurd how good the PTRS is against plane, even superspeedy ones, almost making me switch side for SU just to get one PTRS

I always thought planes were the ultimate bane against inf, that tank were foreplay compared to planes, but with a PTRS you can blast a plane just like you can blast a tank with a zooka

Edited

liverare    160
5 hours ago, Blahnjah said:

Even perfecty lined up shots

You're doing it wrong. The PTRS has no accuracy, it's truly the RNG stick of myth. Just aim somewhere in the vicinity of where the plane might be, and just blast away and pray.

Blahnjah    71
8 hours ago, liverare said:

You're doing it wrong. The PTRS has no accuracy, it's truly the RNG stick of myth. Just aim somewhere in the vicinity of where the plane might be, and just blast away and pray.

I know but I was talking about very short range where accuracy and bullet travel time would not play a big part.

Like a tier3 medium flying 10 meters overhead, shooting at pilot cabin and expecting to hit center mass between the wings, or al least something. 

Can't help but think bad hit detection plays into it.

I'm not a beginner PTRS user.

I find it more unfair against infantry on skirmish maps with single spawn and a longer drive to objective like village skirmish. It can technically 1 shot all inf vehicles but APC allowing a single person to almost completely lock down a spawn point for a while.

Edited

6 hours ago, Blahnjah said:

I know but I was talking about very short range where accuracy and bullet travel time would not play a big part. 

Like a tier3 medium flying 10 meters overhead, shooting at pilot cabin and expecting to hit center mass between the wings, or al least something. 

Have you tried shooting planes with m18? It has great accuracy and projectile velocity seems to be pretty high but it's 10x times harder to hit a plane than with ptrs, or even a moving car. So I'd say velocity is key here.

2 hours ago, b.j.blazkovitch said:

Have you tried shooting planes with m18? It has great accuracy and projectile velocity seems to be pretty high but it's 10x times harder to hit a plane than with ptrs, or even a moving car. So I'd say velocity is key here.

it's easier if you are on a mountain or something, but hellcat can't get his barrel very high, and tend to be the target of planes more than the hunter

also for some reason a 76mm shell does as much damage as a bullet fired from a PTRS, not joking, you need 2-3 shell to destroy a plane, same number for PTRS

with some practice, I swear you can destroy planes with PTRS in little time, and at a ridiculous price

my tip are to try to see the trajectory of the bullet and its speed to predict it against an enemy plane, then you can destroy any planes, at any speed or altitude

Xeator    747

Not just for planes, but tanks too. You can wear down any armor to the point that you penetrate and unload a mag, poof no more tank. This all happens in mere moments and is way cheaper than any other AT. Funny how some obsolete AT rifle can take out a Tiger 2 with ease, better than another tank going up against it.

1 hour ago, b.j.blazkovitch said:

m18 recoiless rifle

trying to kill plane with zooka is incredibly hard and not cost efficiency at all

and I would like to see you hit a full speed fighter plane with a zooka, not possible in my opinion

1 hour ago, raptorjesus1st said:

trying to kill plane with zooka is incredibly hard and not cost efficiency at all

and I would like to see you hit a full speed fighter plane with a zooka, not possible in my opinion

it's not a 'zooka', velocity and drop are similar to tank cannon

Blahnjah    71
On 1/28/2021 at 5:32 PM, b.j.blazkovitch said:

I haven't, it seemed horrible when I tried it and I barely ever died from it so I didn't get it. Looking at the stats it's 3x more accurate then the PTRS but shoots 3x slower projectiles. Seems you would have to lead with it much more then PTRS when shooting planes. Obviously bad sights for moving targets. I wouldn't really expect to reliably hit planes with it.

Blahnjah    71
7 hours ago, Xeator said:

Not just for planes, but tanks too. You can wear down any armor to the point that you penetrate and unload a mag, poof no more tank. This all happens in mere moments and is way cheaper than any other AT. Funny how some obsolete AT rifle can take out a Tiger 2 with ease, better than another tank going up against it.

And you can blow its tracks with a landmine, stand on top of the tank, jump while whistling and play whack-a-mole with a wrench. Best and the cheapest way to kill tankers. 

Except it's not and you will die. Because it's a team game. PTRS is a joke compared with SA+bazooka for killing tanks.

1 hour ago, Blahnjah said:

And you can blow its tracks with a landmine, stand on top of the tank, jump while whistling and play whack-a-mole with a wrench. Best and the cheapest way to kill tankers. 

Except it's not and you will die. Because it's a team game. PTRS is a joke compared with SA+bazooka for killing tanks.

maybe he meant some sort of ptrs clown squad as single soldier doesn't even have capacity to carry enough ammo to pull this off

Xeator    747

What, I just played a game after posting here soloing tanks with PTRS, 25 ammo is more than plenty when you just motorbike your way to their flank or rear and thats all it takes. The whole armor weakening system makes this possible and its stupid. Weaken enough to guarantee penetration or just hit on thin enough armor to begin with and you will be blazing through HP in seconds. Its so stupid. A 14.5mm bullet dealing huge butt damage so long as it penetrates. Just no.

Either get rid of armor weakening all together or tone it down by some significant amount or better yet tone 14.5mm damage down a lot. Its too much of a troll weapon as it is. PTRD is still somewhat tolerable as OHK jeeps etc is no longer possible.

Bibor    674
On 1/28/2021 at 2:32 AM, liverare said:

The PTRS has no accuracy

Strange I thought it has SA accuracy, I often meet a fella from one of the well-known clan in WAR battles who is using a captured PTRS and headshotting us from 50m+ all the time having high kills at the end of the matches. Now I'm a little confused.

I was about to grind one but now I am not sure, if you are right about accuracy, I guess that guy performance is not based on genetics.

Edited