Sign in to follow this  
J.Killmister

Constant blocking on cities make RTS slow and boring

J.Killmister    189

As stated in title,there are times that a single,slow walking footguard can stop hundrends of ATs and it doesn't make sense,but I get it,np there,that's how RTS is.The problem is there are long lines in various regions and back to back re-blocking to make a skirmish or encounter is constant,leading to a very slow progression of a push.Plus,usually these are the hardest to pop coz of 0 special classes.So we have 216 footguards holding back thousands for 5 hours,TWICE!This doesn't make sense at all,so it's time for you to think changing it to single blocks.RTS is getting slower and very boring this way,especially when there are few generals left around to constantly babysit their ATs and make real map progress.

Lored1    40

There are certain SU/US individuals who really sucks at action game. So what they do instead, is just sit on map/Strategy Game and constantly reblock or make skirmish of whatever is in their reach. They retreat troops or use any other exploits or bugs to start a battle or cut off para blocks. And they can do that while they work, just having HNG on second monitor.

Can we blame them?

No, not really. Blame the game. Not the player.

If you cannot go and win the battle that you have ATs in, ie with team of people, I really advise to avoid stacking any higher number of ATS anywhere. Your are just a big red target for creating a pocket. Its really not worth of sending more than 900 footies in the war match - with three lost battles in row they are gonna die of lack motivation anyway. And if you really need to move huge amount of troops, dont act alone, go with friends or with clan. Help each other with para blocks..

WilliesJeep    188
21 minutes ago, Lored1 said:

There are certain SU/US individuals who really sucks at action game. So what they do instead, is just sit on map/Strategy Game and constantly reblock or make skirmish of whatever is in their reach. They retreat troops or use any other exploits or bugs to start a battle or cut off para blocks. And they can do that while they work, just having HNG on second monitor.

Acting like there arent GE players that do the same

fatal-is    716
2 hours ago, J.Killmister said:

So we have 216 footguards holding back thousands for 5 hours,TWICE!

This can get indeed annoying when it takes forever to pop, if it does at all. However there are not many functions in the rts and all this skirmish/blocking is part of the strategy game, its not perfect.

What really annoys me is that animation at the end of the battle and all of the pop-ups blocking you for several seconds to move troops if you were inside the fps battle. This really nice update puts the players playing their ats in a disadvantage against the ones who just watch the map and can drag and drop their ats without the annoying end battle animation and pop-ups.

The other things are the parablocks being even more annoying for me, not only because you cannot counter it but because this is the feature why devs keep para numbers down and I like to use them in the battles.

However winning a town defence should grant the winner with the ability to act, so maybe all  incoming blocks should retreat and had to be resent from the moment the battle is won.

chw035    7

reducing the time of autoresolve from 10 min to 5 min would help, or a greater penalty for being the losing side of autoresolve (e.g. losing 40 morale instead of 20)

Edited

J.Killmister    189
2 hours ago, Lored1 said:

There are certain SU/US individuals who really sucks at action game. So what they do instead, is just sit on map/Strategy Game and constantly reblock or make skirmish of whatever is in their reach. They retreat troops or use any other exploits or bugs to start a battle or cut off para blocks. And they can do that while they work, just having HNG on second monitor.

No need to be faction biased,players from all 3 factions do this.No need for naming individuals.And ofc blaming goes to Reto coz all this time they haven't managed to solve the retreat exploit ppl use but mainly the RTS that has gone wrong and painful through the years.

1 hour ago, fatal-is said:

This can get indeed annoying when it takes forever to pop, if it does at all. However there are not many functions in the rts and all this skirmish/blocking is part of the strategy game, its not perfect.

What really annoys me is that animation at the end of the battle and all of the pop-ups blocking you for several seconds to move troops if you were inside the fps battle. This really nice update puts the players playing their ats in a disadvantage against the ones who just watch the map and can drag and drop their ats without the annoying end battle animation and pop-ups.

The other things are the parablocks being even more annoying for me, not only because you cannot counter it but because this is the feature why devs keep para numbers down and I like to use them in the battles.

Making 1 skirmish/encounter is fine.No need for 2nd.This way I thing parablocks will get less often coz of faster progress.Annoying tactic the parablocks,yes,but sometimes is the only way to make a quick push and avoid being re-blocked all the time by a tiny footie.

Regarding the after battle animation is indeed the most annoying thing ever added to the game.Wasted seconds for no reason...

46 minutes ago, chw035 said:

reducing the time of autoresolve from 10 min to 5 min would help, or a greater penalty for being the losing side of autoresolve (e.g. losing 40 morale instead of 20)

AR time isn't a real problem imo.

40 morale loss will make everyone withdraw 2 capitals away instead of spread out and make defence points.

CmpMean    277

Honestly the walking-guard speed should be greatly increased.

I get that they are without vehicles but the super slow speed just seems unnecessarily slow for a game with a dwindling playerbase.

Coming back after some weeks of break, RTS feels like the most pointless thing to waste time on now. Veterans and clans becoming less and less diverse and few in numbers; it's less rewarding and entertaining to take part in.

At the same time, I have to babysit a guard AT as it takes an hour to move from one place to another...

(EDIT: If you increase guard speeds, spamming instablocks becomes cheaper, yes, but the same people willing to spam-block guards already do it with moto guards so you'd still have to counter them with paras either way. Nothing changes.)

Edited

[ORB]Mobster01    474
1 hour ago, CmpMean said:

Honestly the walking-guard speed should be greatly increased.

I get that they are without vehicles but the super slow speed just seems unnecessarily slow for a game with a dwindling playerbase.

Coming back after some weeks of break, RTS feels like the most pointless thing to waste time on now. Veterans and clans becoming less and less diverse and few in numbers; it's less rewarding and entertaining to take part in.

At the same time, I have to babysit a guard AT as it takes an hour to move from one place to another...

(EDIT: If you increase guard speeds, spamming instablocks becomes cheaper, yes, but the same people willing to spam-block guards already do it with moto guards so you'd still have to counter them with paras either way. Nothing changes.)

Realising it only a few years too late kek

matziti    362

It is annoying and they should remove the feature where you can block towns from retreating 1 at from skirmishes.

@Lored1

There are enough German players doing this too. 

I don't have the time to do this and babysit my ats. I just use my at's so I can play the battles where I queue.

Heid31stwc    30

Looking at the Development page kindly shared with us, there is only one RTS change and that's capitals cities.  It may be that RETO no longer has retained the staff with knowledge of the RTS map. Some simple fixes and changes would be nice

• Less than 100 troops not only does not meet fun batttle , but timer should be 5 mins and not the current 10. Will stop the 1 AT block
  • Reinforcements 'do not enter a contested town.  Last night I had 8 stuck in a town with an obvious diversion and had to resort to manual points. Just add a rule that they stop, I would rather go and move them.