Sign in to follow this  
daniel131605

Fixing the RTS movement bugs

daniel131605    20

a lot of the time you'll send [all of] [some of] [one of] your assault teams into a specific match and they'll end up walking directly into an ongoing match instead of "TRYING TO AVOID ANY BATTLES THAT THEY'D GET STUCK IN" or not even that, but not even be able to go down the simplest, easiest line to get to a battle, they screw that up. Here is the video, i had to record it. How is the movement system on the RTS side so bad they can't go to where you send them. Make it so when you send assault teams, you have multiple "pit stop Flags" that will give your assault teams a general directly to follow along a "true destination Flag" that'll guide the "pit stop flags" and make sure they don't walk the wrong way. and end up wasting your time and credits/gold.

Video: https://youtu.be/5qmF9I_fSYg

chw035    7

Yes, and allow the assault teams to instantly change direction instead of doing so after reaching a point. Allow the assault teams with low morale but enough for the current battle to be ordered to pull back after the battle even if enemies immediately launch another battle at the same location.

the RTS system is complete garbage, road that shows on the map doesn't actually exist, pathfinding is nonexistent (I member a time, where I was first to deploy on war, I send recon motorbike full speed toward a city, with the +20%speed badge on it, my recon arrived in the city after an infantery motorbike that is less fast, but the general did micro manage his unit in contrary to me)

another thing, if you change direction of an already moving unit, a bug occur, and sometime the unit will take the pathfinding like it were on the last destination city or some other random city

this is why when I went to change direction, I go to the nearest city, then I change destination when my unit is not moving anymore

Nooby_Doo    0

Yes! This is absolutely top of my entire H&G wishlist. Even if they added the ability to add just one waypoint to your AT's route it would make a huge difference to the micro-managiness of the RTS game.

Krzysiek5657    975
On 1/12/2021 at 2:05 PM, chw035 said:

Yes, and allow the assault teams to instantly change direction instead of doing so after reaching a point. Allow the assault teams with low morale but enough for the current battle to be ordered to pull back after the battle even if enemies immediately launch another battle at the same location.

just let us pull out AT's during preparation stage , without losing resources and morale, that's it. (it is 5 mins).

It would be really quality of life improvements as you would have a chance to leave pockets or massive paradrop wont be so lucrative now. 

But anyway... RTS improvements are like kid dreams - it will never come true. 

Edited