Sign in to follow this  
Greybeard_LXVII

Scoped M1G or BA for Infantry Sniper

My M1G soldier is probably going to max out the M1G ribbon this weekend.  I am planning on making him an infantry sniper and would like a recommendation on which weapon to use. The options I am thinking about are:

1.  M1G, Scope, Scout II barrel, Match ammo

2.  1903 with scopes and barrels as I level them.  I can't see the specifics until I buy the rifle.

I have been playing a recon in capture and hold recon games.  I like the play style, even though I'm not real good at it yet.  Two things I don't like are trying hip shots with the 1903 and the slow reload when I need another shot.

I suspect that the M1G would be better when getting into close quarters when defending objectives.

I also have a CQC soldier with grease gun and grenades.

Advice on which badges would be best would also be appreciated.  I only have a few bronze badges.

d|ng    3,323

Happy new year,  

Make both soldiers.  SA infantry is better but BA is fun

rquimiori    0

Agree with @d|ng, in the past I bought all sorts of loadouts to my main soldier, only to realize it's better to have multiple soldiers with different load outs. M1G scoped is great overall, but there are certain defense situations where pixel hunting with OHK springfield is rewarding.

Thanks.

I'm using the scoped M1G on him.  It works pretty well. 

I might make a sniper with the M1903, but first I want an LMG guy and it would probably be good to have the flexibility of an AT guy.

CashBanooca    39

I would say , get litteraly anything else first , assault rifles , smgs - lmgs doesnt matter , god heckin darn it , if you must - get a knife only soldier because the way BA rifles are right now litteraly any other weapon is more viable

the accuracy of the BA rifles ironicaly is too poor for them to be used as headshot rifles  and the SA does such a better job at anything the BA does and more

Heres the usual scenarios you will see in war battles with the 1903

Shoot enemy soldier - he survives with more than 50% HP thanks to the cancerous arm hit boxes that even clip through the back > he kills you in a headshot from his autoheadshot 44  or mp40

Shoot enemy soldier , try to whip out your pistol , switch animation takes longer than the TTK of the STG , you die again

You try to shoot enemys from far away because your gun is so shirt that it cant kill anyone in under 1000 ms  unless he doesnt have heavy set , get yelled at by your team for beeing a useless camping f*****

The  only time the BAs in this game should be used is when playing staged against people that might aswell be beaten with with a unmodded SA rifle easily

BAs in war have absolutely no point , everything a BA does a SA does better  and you are pretty much hardcountered by a badge that you have nothing to counter yourself other than a pistol  but in this case just use the pistol only instead , its probably more effective

TL;DR  if I somehow didnt make myself clear , BA rifles in this game are not only a waste of time , they are a waste of your teammates time aswell as a massive waste in credits  and spawntimer cost

Edited

drhoops    2,319

As @d|ng said, it's fun to use sometimes.

But, frankly, the SA is far more useful.  Most players have HSS or better, so you still have 2HK with HSS or HSG, same as the SA rifle.  SA rifle is more versatile due to ROF.