Sign in to follow this  
PIOSK3

Alt accounts poping battles - my observation and resolve.

PIOSK3    8

I'd like to direct Reto attention to problem with alternative accounts used to pop battles or/and spying opposite team or even destroying valuable resources like planes, tank or support vehicles.

that problem arises to point where normal game is impossible anymore.

I have 2 answers to that problem :

1) ranking based on KD from -5-10 last battles needed to be above some value (like 0.25 - 0,5  - value to agreed) - to be able to enter War Missions. - that would cause using Alt accounts to be more difficult .

2) remove possibility to que for specific battles for people who doesnt have  troops in that battle (eventually require that anyone from squad have ATs in battle to be able to que in battle.

VenstreDjevel    408

It would be awesome if this is posted from an alt.

Pretty awesome coming up with criteria that would specifically aid the owners of alts access to said battles. Dudes rolling in enough money to sustain generals also have the time to level+ buy enough for their alt to guarantee pop and quit.

alt are really the bane of war, and reto does nothing about it, I tried it myself once and poping battle with alt work perfectly, using it only to pop battle then leaving is already a bit unfair because the enemy team will most likely start with a number disadvantage before real people log in, but some use their alt as spy or ressource trash can, it's cheating and reto does nothing against it

just something that check ip adress or location would already stop a lot of alt

waRBooz    6

More than a year ago I was writing about the same thing. Back then SU was popping battles with alts. Back then I wrote that all players should be authenticated by sending pin to the provided phone number. Other way is to accept minimal payment from non virtual bank accounts. I assume RETO doens't have man power or skills to do such autehntication features so the thing I propose is to pop the battles in the order they were created.

viktor.oven    46

Suggestions are good, make WAR more exclusive, of course it has been suggested already i beleve not once  (as you know of course).

TLDR (some thoughts about life):

Yeap HNG is unfair like a life, that's why we love it. It has a soul. In this game looking how ppl play we can see mirror of their souls. Its amazing. Not many games provide such feature. It really teaches us that world is not fluffy and kind. It is always a choice that ppl make. But i want to believe that with some time such ppl usually stop making such shameless things that you mentioned here, and understand that they are just bad right now (or they need to change something, maybe faction lol) and using some abuses is not soo satisfying. Something about empathy.... But should other suffer while such people are still maturing ? 

matziti    362

I do agree.

When you want to play war you should have some kind of phone authentication.

This counters alt abuser & people hacking passwords.

CmpMean    277

Hold on, let me just borrow a friends phone so I can verify my brother's H&G account playing home with me.

Obvious flaw-joke aside, there are many other decisive reasons why phone verification isn't used for just about any game and is generally a really, really bad idea.

1. The SMS service setup is far from free.

2. Alt abuse is relatively speaking rare.

3. The few people already willing to alt abuse will most likely work around it. It's not hard.

4. Wouldn't wager that Reto would even notice the difference in gold purchases.

5. Poor decision to shift the issue away from the fact that tickets are not taken seriously enough, nor are bans given out with consistent punishment.

If you see other people get away with it, why should anyone be afraid to do it?

and maybe my favorite reason
6. You'd have to enforce the existing playerbase to enable phone verification overnight just to play the game. You're delusional if you think that will go without objection. I'm certainly not going to sink as low as to hand in my private phone number just so I can play a video game to "prevent some few players from whining about it". Not that I think the same people will stop whining because of my 3rd point.

liverare    160
On 12/30/2020 at 11:48 AM, PIOSK3 said:

I'd like to direct Reto attention to problem with alternative accounts used to pop battles or/and spying opposite team or even destroying valuable resources like planes, tank or support vehicles.

that problem arises to point where normal game is impossible anymore.

I have 2 answers to that problem :

1) ranking based on KD from -5-10 last battles needed to be above some value (like 0.25 - 0,5  - value to agreed) - to be able to enter War Missions. - that would cause using Alt accounts to be more difficult .

2) remove possibility to que for specific battles for people who doesnt have  troops in that battle (eventually require that anyone from squad have ATs in battle to be able to que in battle.

1. An alt can secure a few kills and then wait out the rest of the match. This is more easily achieved if the owner is prepared to die a few times.

2. I don't play the RTS side of things so that would affect players like me.

There needs to be a cost to playing War matches, something the Generals can control for. Generals will know better than most how to keep alts out of their armies.